U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 12:48 PM

3,631 posts, read 1,122,907 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

On Monday, I was o.k. until nightfall. Then I got that...that 'sensitive skin' feeling that tells me that I have a fever. Woke up on Tuesday, and felt like I was 'dragging.' Slept here and there, but by the time Tuesday night came, I felt achy all over. I went to bed Tuesday night, and for next 48 hours, I was asleep for 46 of them! I'd sleep for 5 hours, wake up for 5 minutes. Sleep for 2 hours, wake up for 10 minutes. Sleep for 1 hour, and wake up long enough to use the bathroom...then went back to sleep for another 4 hours. Rinse and repeat over two days. I woke up on Thanksgiving and took my temperature: 100.8.

I sneezed a few times on Monday, but nothing to write home about. A slight cough, but again, nothing really worth mentioning. Mostly fever, achy and tired.

I saw my apartment manager yesterday, and he told me that there's some kind of 'bug' that's been going around.

Anyone else have this 'bug' over the past week or so?

Forgot to add...when I coughed, it felt like my head was about to explode...which is unusual for me because I don't get headaches.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 01:13 PM

5,028 posts, read 3,155,093 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/heal...93616-rsv.html ???

Old 11-27-2022, 07:39 AM

9,452 posts, read 5,342,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Hi everyone,

On Monday, I was o.k. until nightfall. Then I got that...that 'sensitive skin' feeling that tells me that I have a fever. Woke up on Tuesday, and felt like I was 'dragging.' Slept here and there, but by the time Tuesday night came, I felt achy all over. I went to bed Tuesday night, and for next 48 hours, I was asleep for 46 of them! I'd sleep for 5 hours, wake up for 5 minutes. Sleep for 2 hours, wake up for 10 minutes. Sleep for 1 hour, and wake up long enough to use the bathroom...then went back to sleep for another 4 hours. Rinse and repeat over two days. I woke up on Thanksgiving and took my temperature: 100.8.

I sneezed a few times on Monday, but nothing to write home about. A slight cough, but again, nothing really worth mentioning. Mostly fever, achy and tired.

I saw my apartment manager yesterday, and he told me that there's some kind of 'bug' that's been going around.

Anyone else have this 'bug' over the past week or so?

Forgot to add...when I coughed, it felt like my head was about to explode...which is unusual for me because I don't get headaches.
I think it’s going around. My nephew has something similar right now and hasn’t complained of any respiratory symptoms. It is mostly just a fever, fatigue, and some aches and pains.

Old 11-27-2022, 01:32 PM

15,911 posts, read 11,017,425 times
RSV-Flu-COVID all going around. Could be mild to major!

Old 11-28-2022, 08:02 AM

18,472 posts, read 18,127,490 times
Have you been boosted yet?

Old 11-28-2022, 01:08 PM

7,795 posts, read 9,350,619 times
It seems like half of my kids' high school has the flu (type A).

My daughter's band just went on a big trip, and they were dropping like flies. And there were already a ton of kids out before they even left. The band's doctor sent a note to parents that said, " Either your kid was sick, is sick, or will be sick." Pretty much sums it up.

My daughter was one of the fallen. But between being vaccinated and taking Xofluza right away, she was fine within 24 hours, aside from a lingering cough.

Old 11-29-2022, 02:46 PM

6,900 posts, read 11,254,598 times
On Saturday night I slept 11 hours, being so very tired after driving 2 hours from Thanksgiving family. On Sunday, I felt like a big truck had hit me and I had an awful unrelenting cough. Woke me up all night long. By Tuesday, today, I took Theraflu and Robitussin and can at least stay awake for a while.

What ever it is, it hits suddenly. My appetite is down and I am so sick of TV !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness