Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 04:59 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,610,055 times

Advertisements

No one has mentioned ear crystals - https://news.sanfordhealth.org/ear-n...als-dizziness/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2022, 05:58 AM

2,088 posts, read 2,976,689 times
^^^Been there done that. Don't wish it on anyone.

Old 12-04-2022, 08:51 AM

5,604 posts, read 4,152,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No one has mentioned ear crystals - https://news.sanfordhealth.org/ear-n...als-dizziness/

Several have mentioned ear issues and the importance of seeing an ENT. Never heard of them called "ear crystals" before. They are usually called otoliths.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:09 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,087,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Several have mentioned ear issues and the importance of seeing an ENT. Never heard of them called "ear crystals" before. They are usually called otoliths.
They might be medically called otoliths, but most lay people will call them ear crystals.

Old 12-04-2022, 09:11 AM

4,928 posts, read 10,596,367 times
I’ve had this problem for a while. My doc diagnosed me with reactive hypoglycemia, which is often brought on by exercise. I’ve also been diagnosed with low ferritin and low potassium. No diagnosis as to what is actually causing it, though. I just have to be careful exercising, change my diet and supplement with potassium and iron pills.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,610,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
They might be medically called otoliths, but most lay people will call them ear crystals.
Everyone has otoliths, you couldn't function without them.

I called problematic otoliths "ear crystals" in my post, because when people have problems with them, that's what they are frequently called.

https://www.vestibularhealth.ca/blog...e-the-otoliths

Old 12-04-2022, 11:15 AM

3,172 posts, read 1,657,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
<SNIP>

What do you think it may be?
I think it's time for professional medical advice.

Old 12-04-2022, 12:28 PM

21,866 posts, read 19,019,005 times
go to the doctor

dizziness can create accidents walking, falling, driving.
a lady at work (healthy, fit, under 50) had this out of the blue, dizzy, vertigo, room spinning for no apparent reason.

it is of great concern. don't mess around.
go to the doctor.

to hear the excuse "it is inconvenient" to find a doctor.
well, a fall, an accident, injuries, car wreck, progressive disease
are even more inconvenient.

seek medical care from doctors and keep seeking it until you get a diagnosis and treatment plan that is effective.

Old 12-04-2022, 05:09 PM

50,107 posts, read 35,754,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Low blood pressure is a possibility. The walking a straight line issue may just be related to the dizziness.

Do you get nauseous, too? Dizziness, nausea may be related to inner ear...infection or inner ear crystals get out & swirl around in head. But that's vertigo.

Yes, it could be. OP, take your blood pressure sitting down, then standing up and see if it drops.

It could be something like Meniere's disease too, which is an inner ear disorder.

Old 12-04-2022, 05:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,195,765 times
Everyone here is VERY smart!
I'm gonna come here first when I have a problem...cuz a doc's appt can take a couple weeks anyway!

Couple things in all this are words I have not seen ,maybe missed them, that helps in
the elimination process...any doc uses.
Dizzy, yes...never the words ''woozy or faint...felt like I was gonna pass out''. To me that would cross off a few things...
Severe low blood pressure would be one. Look up POTS. He hasn't said when he walks or stands up
his heart beats fast...so no real need, yet, for a Blood Pressure cuff purchase.

Also, no ''I'm extremely irritable'''. That would cross off Low Blood Sugar.
Middle ear fluid, btw, it's not 'inner ear' ...sounds close, BUT he has said nothing about hearing fluid in his ear!
No tenderness with pressure around that entire jaw ear area...after a long while there would be some.
Dang. So, Meniere's is now questionable, too!
Low potassium? He didn't mention weakness, tho. Hmm.

I love these mysteries..I'll be tuning back in to see what the doc finds out.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 12-04-2022 at 05:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness