Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 11:06 PM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yes, but it was from the vaccine. It was immediate too.

It was... So, it is gone?
If yes, them it was normal and to be expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2023, 04:09 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
No but I will. I also have a bit of short term memory loss that I didn’t have befor. I am 61 but either Covid did it or I suddenly got the early stages of dementia. My coworker really notices it. Says I wasn’t like this at all before Covid. What happens is that someone may call em at work, I say ok and handle up. I’ll talk to him a few minutes and start to do something and he will ask who called and I realize that I totally forgot anyone called. I eventually remember everything but only as the day goes on.

My symptoms are definitely Covid related because I experienced none of this, including the excessive tiredness before Covid. It is the same tired feel I had when I had Covid. It never went away completely.
Have the same feeling of early dementia as you describe and excessive tiredness. Very strange, mine started about a week after I got the 2nd booster. Lately anytime of day I just suddenly drift off into the feeling of so tired I can't keep my eyes open, get extremely weak and off to sleep. The dementia feeling is too. Never before have I had that feeling, even while typing this I suddenly stop and have a blank brain moment (hard to describe). but mine started after the booster, extreme dizziness and joint pain. Confusion, heart palpitations sudden spike in heart rate up to 170bpm.

Been to a couple different doctors and definitely covid or vaccine related. I looked up long covid clinics, but there are none near me. Hope you can find one close to you and keep us posted.

Best

Old 02-03-2023, 05:12 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,873 times
Has your Vitamin D been checked recently?

Old 02-04-2023, 08:32 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
I wonder if a lot of these issues are due to excessive sympathetic nervous system activation. It seems like covid drove up fear levels from the way the media promoted this narrative combined with perhaps bad sleep schedules or too much stress in life. For me habits are important and having a consistent sleep schedule is important. Getting away from screens and excessive stimulation is important.

I wonder if there's been a rise in acid reflux or gastroparesis type symptoms along with some of these other symptoms because that would definitely be a sign of an overactive sympathetic nervous system. A lot of these chronic body problems we have are actually stress related. Another symptom would be insomnia or not being able to sleep when you do try to sleep or waking up during the night with a racing heartbeat. Impulsive behavior is another symptom since an overstimulated nervous system or a stressed out person is going to have less impulse control their willpower muscle will be much weaker than a properly relaxed person. This goes along with not being able to quiet your mind or spinning scenarios in your head about the past in the future and then emotionally reacting to them. This is neurotic behavior. Lack of self-acceptance also.

People don't even realize it because they adapt to the stress and it feels normal to them. Then the body never gets a proper chance to recover because people insist on staying busy around the clock don't get proper sleep their minds don't quiet down when they sleep and they stay overstimulated around the clock.

https://www.holistichelp.net/blog/au...m-dysfunction/

Maybe this video would help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhV9f1l3H1A

Also make sure your cholesterol is not too low. I know this sounds silly but if you have a cholesterol down at 120 or 130 you should try to raise it to 150 or so. Super low cholesterol could be a symptom that you are too stressed out in life. There is a greatly increased risk of all cause mortality for people who have super low cholesterol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HliKDVje50g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzGrzf79kBM

"Cholesterol is needed for the synthesis of all our steroid hormones. If you don’t have enough cholesterol, you can’t produce your life-sustaining hormones like DHEA, progesterone, estrogen, aldosterone, and testosterone, and most importantly in regard to the autonomic nervous system, cortisol. Cholesterol is converted to pregnenolone, which is converted to progesterone, which is converted to cortisol. If your cholesterol levels are too low, then they need to be increased."

Also I would recommend magnesium supplements for most people either citrate or glycinate. Take until you get loose stools then reduce dosage but don't do this if you have kidney problems.

Last edited by sholomar; 02-04-2023 at 09:02 AM..

Old 02-04-2023, 02:11 PM

1,022 posts, read 738,159 times
I would guess for some that is true. All situations and people seem to react different. These symptoms described by the OP and myself are all listed on the CDC website, some under the 'adverse events' section.
OP might have what they call long covid. As 1ATP stated mine is also from the vaccine.

Old 02-05-2023, 09:37 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,213,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
I would guess for some that is true. All situations and people seem to react different. These symptoms described by the OP and myself are all listed on the CDC website, some under the 'adverse events' section.
OP might have what they call long covid. As 1ATP stated mine is also from the vaccine.
I wonder what kind of experience those who react strongly to the vaccine like you and Angry would have had if you had contracted Covid rather than gotten the vaccine. Maybe those who had severe illness from actual infections are the very ones who react adversely to the vaccine. Makes sense to my simple mind.

Old 02-06-2023, 08:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Journal of Sleep Research

Sleep
is a BIG change - generally speaking - insomnia, heart ratehigher while sleeping OR
exhaustion and wanting to sleep all the time!
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...=1&oi=scholart

Old 04-16-2023, 06:40 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Long COVID is definitely out there....it's only beginning to be researched. This couple lives in Irvine, California.

"Courtney Garvin, 37, contracted COVID-19 three years ago and now has long COVID, a condition roughly 15% of California adults report having experienced, according to data collected by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She and Mayer say their world has shrunk. She is no longer able to work.

“I wasn’t expecting to be in a situation like this for another 50 or 60 years, where I lose this much functionality and require full-time care. Chronic illness takes away so many of life’s joys, both big and small,” Garvin said in an email. (Due to the debilitating fatigue, some of the interviews with Garvin were done over email or Mayer spoke on her behalf.)

...The CDC has allocated $25 million to continue studying long COVID, and groups such as the Patient-led Research Collaborative are working on research on the long-term effects of COVID-19.

While much of the public has begun to move on from the pandemic, people like Garvin are left to deal with the complex medical system and a condition that has no known treatments. Navigating the medical, financial, mental and physical challenges of this illness is challenging."

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ifornia-couple

Old 04-17-2023, 01:01 PM

8,228 posts, read 3,417,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I got Covid in Feb 2021. Nothing terrible at the time. Had a fever for one day, then a cough that night and no appetite. Then, a couple of days later, all was ok other than being so very tired. Too tired to read and even watching tv took too much energy at times. That lasted about a month before I returned to work.

Since then, I have been far more tired than usual. I used to easily stay up til 1 am even though I wake up at 6. I was playing in a band up til about three years ago and would drive 3 hours to another state, go on at 11, finish at 2 and drive home at 3 am til 6 without a problem. These days, I am racing to get home at 3pm when I start my hour long drive because I am fighting falling asleep. It’s weird. When I am awake, I am up and far more energetic than anyone else I work with, even those who are three decades younger than me. But when it hits me, I am tired. Many times, I pass out when I get home and wake up a few hours later. And whether I sleep for five minutes or five hours, instead of feeling refreshed, I am overly tired and sickly but after a while, I am fine. Hard to explain.

Anyone else experience this?
I understand that you got this right after a covid infection, and that is therefore the main cause. However, I wonder how many covid shots you had, since that can contribute.

I had covid and a covid shot during the same week. Covid made me very tired, and the shot caused stomach and intestinal problems. Now it's way over a year later and I can still get an exhausted feeling, and the intestinal problems did not stop.

I feel that most of this is related to inflammation of the vagus nerve. I have always worked on my spine with yoga, etc., but now I have focused on the vagus nerve (it exits directly from the skull, not the spine). I have mostly gotten rid of the exhausted feeling.

Intestinal still not fixed, but much better than it was.

The vagus nerve controls a lot of important things. Either covid infection or covid shots can result in chronic inflammation of the nerves. So they will be more sensitive to subluxations and muscle imbalances.

Old 04-18-2023, 07:06 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I had covid and a covid shot during the same week. Covid made me very tired, and the shot caused stomach and intestinal problems. Now it's way over a year later and I can still get an exhausted feeling, and the intestinal problems did not stop.
How did you decide to get the COVID shot while you had COVID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness