Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2023, 11:05 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times

Advertisements

Can being out in hot weather cause issues for people with sinus problems or is it normal for people to get a headache from walking around in heat after 5-10 minutes? Any one else experience this? Can people simply just be extremely heat intolerant or coud it be related to an underlying issue?

I've told my Dr. that I believe I have sinus issues but all he said was take OTC allergy medications, but I'm going to tell him I think it needs to be lookes into more.

I'm at the beach in the Caribbean and after walking out to the beach and outside the resort for 5-10 at noon, my forehead started hurting. Sort of like a tension headache from my forehead down to my nose/sinuses.

I feel fine in the evening and at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 11:33 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,286,950 times
Sinus issues can cause headaches whether you are out in the heat or not.

Like your other recent headache thread though, this points to hydration as a possible culprit.

Old 04-22-2023, 03:42 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post
Can being out in hot weather cause issues for people with sinus problems or is it normal for people to get a headache from walking around in heat after 5-10 minutes? Any one else experience this? Can people simply just be extremely heat intolerant or coud it be related to an underlying issue?

I've told my Dr. that I believe I have sinus issues but all he said was take OTC allergy medications, but I'm going to tell him I think it needs to be lookes into more.

I'm at the beach in the Caribbean and after walking out to the beach and outside the resort for 5-10 at noon, my forehead started hurting. Sort of like a tension headache from my forehead down to my nose/sinuses.

Your "underlying issue" is probably your diabetes, not your sinuses. Not to mention the dehydration discussed in your other thread. You are under the care of an endocrinologist, correct? You keep trying to turn this into a sinus problem. Not sure why you keep discounting diabetes.

https://www.diabetesselfmanagement.c...2-things-know/

Once again, I am not diabetic but I definitely can get headaches after being in the heat or direct sun for a while. Neither has anything to do with my sinuses and everything to do with overheating, sweating, and subsequent dehydration. If you aren't paying enough attention to hydration/electrolyte balance, ever consider that you might have been dehydrated before you ever walked out into the hot sun? You could have set yourself up for the headaches.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-22-2023 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-27-2023, 06:33 AM

9,866 posts, read 4,641,933 times
I'd say dehydration or maybe an allergy which triggers the sinuses. I'd start by trying to drink more water throughout the entire day not just before you go into heat.

Old 05-01-2023, 07:14 PM

325 posts, read 57,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Soul Bro View Post

I have the same issues. I get headaches quickly if I work out in the garden in the heat of the day. My headaches usually go away at night too.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:20 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,388,108 times
Could be muscle tension headache from squinting in the bright sunshine being reflected off of sand and water.

A broad brimmed hat and really good sunglasses might help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness