Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 05:22 AM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears6y4 View Post
I do only because we have one of those newer "water saving" toillets which are horrible.... 1/2 the time it gets stuck on the dry part and doesnt go down,etc.......

Newer is not better.... I would love having an 80s toilet again!!

You bought wrong toilet (yeah, doing some research is often helpful). Next time focus on tornado toilets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 05:50 AM

8,773 posts, read 5,065,317 times
Quote:
I do only because we have one of those newer "water saving" toillets which are horrible.... 1/2 the time it gets stuck on the dry part and doesnt go down,etc.......

My plumbers advice is to hold the handle down longer when flushing....it does work.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:59 AM

3,979 posts, read 2,359,295 times
Along those lines. I know it's not recommended to use Draino in a toilet but I used it recently during a logjam (see what I did there?) and it worked perfectly.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:21 AM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:

I dunno about that. My current house came with old pre-70s toilets. I've finally replaced them with one of Home Depot's cheapest low-volume toilets because I found it flushes considerably better than the old toilets...and much more quietly to boot. I couldn't flush the toilet in the bathroom adjacent to our home office while my wife was in a Zoom meeting before...I can now.

There certainly was a period of about a decade from the latter 70s into the 80s that the companies had to figure out the physics of low-volume toilets, but I have no complaints today. At least not with the model we've purchased.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I do all the time! Just want to make sure I don’t see anything weird. I have a co-worker who said he never looks, he just flushes it.
Having children clued me to the significance of poop study.

There are some significant things to be determined about the quality of one's diet and the health of one's gut by monitoring the general color, consistency, and quantity of one's stools.

Old 05-04-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Along those lines. I know it's not recommended to use Draino in a toilet but I used it recently during a logjam (see what I did there?) and it worked perfectly.
Back when I was a kid in the late 50s, my grandparents had a rat coming up through the sewer into their toilet. I was the one who discovered it one night. The rat couldn't climb the slippery bowl to get out, and apparently it couldn't hold its breath long enough to escape back through the sewer.

Draino did the job.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:33 AM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Do you take pictures also?

If you've seen one, you've see them all

No, why bother looking?

Well, considering some people see Jesus in toast, grilled cheese and pancakes should not everyone look for the residual afterglow? I look for messages.

I look for letters like that old photo of 17th century contortionists [l'ABC de Michea Jacobi] that show how a human can use their body to make each letter of the alphabet.

Most common letters seen are:
C U I O S

followed by
D J L P Q T V X
then
B F G H K N R Y Z
lastly
E M W

My favorite are O (Nothing like hitting one's landing with perfect 'trim') and the splendor of an S or the alignment of an E

I've seen

C A T
U S A

Then there are those annoying tootsie rolls which make Q as valuable as the scrabble board rarity to actually have 'stuck the landing'. Beware the rare shotgun effect when something consumed was disagreeable.

(Gotta have fun with this) And yes, as Ralph Kirk mentioned one should check for health reasons: consistency, ease, volume and color spectrum.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:49 AM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I do all the time! Just want to make sure I don’t see anything weird. I have a co-worker who said he never looks, he just flushes it.
Men do. Women don't. I think this was covered on the TV show "Home Improvement" with Tim the "Tool Man" Taylor. Snork snork.

It is a wonder that women tolerate us guys at all. It truly is.

If we couldn't open jars, couldn't reach the top shelf, and didn't kill spiders, I don't think they would.

No honey, those pants aren't the reason your butt looks fat... I mean, those pant's don't your butt look fat.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:50 AM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What sort of effort would be required to avoid observing?
You can flush before you get off the seat.

Old 05-04-2023, 10:59 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Which means it could be fatty.
Steatorrhea means there’s too much fat in your stool (poop). It’s a symptom of fat malabsorption. That means your digestive system is having trouble breaking down and absorbing fats. This problem could affect one or several of your organs.

If that happens often, you should discuss it with your doctor.

They're talking about the "crappy" toilet design of some low-water toilets. I've had it happen too, and only on those new "improved" toilets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness