Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 07:04 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,278,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I have a hand towel bar above mine - toilet is next to the sink. Everyone knows or SHOULD know, put the lid down when you flush.

Can you cite a single sickness that was caused by someone who flushed the toilet with the lid up, and then washed their hands, or someone who used the toilet after someone who did so, and then washed their hands?

Yeah I know all about the clickbait article that was posted here a few months ago but my response is the above question. I think the dangers are highly overstated.

Everybody should know not to eat off of the toilet seat. And wash your hands after using the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 07:07 PM

28,662 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Can you cite a single sickness that was caused by someone who flushed the toilet with the lid up, and then washed their hands, or someone who used the toilet after someone who did so, and then washed their hands?

Yeah I know all about the clickbait article that was posted here a few months ago but my response is the above question. I think the dangers are highly overstated.

Everybody should know not to eat off of the toilet seat.
I agree. I've seen a couple of studies demonstrating that we all walk around through feces clouds anyway on city streets as well as in the countryside.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:17 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,180,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Every time. I feel like it's really important.
On a funny note, I do recall when I started eating brightly colored candies. Like, a lot of it.

It was fluorescent-lime green for several days. Took me a bit to figure that out.
When my teenager was about 6, she once ate a bright blue cotton candy flavored ice cream cone. The next morning, I heard her go into the bathroom and about a minute or two later, she screamed for me saying "Mommy, come here, there's something wrong".

I knew exactly what it was before I got up there....

Old 05-04-2023, 07:39 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,715,548 times
My wife had red poops for about three days in a row and never mind herself, she made me look. The toilet paper was bright red. She was worried it was a serious issue but I was pretty sure it was hemorrhoids. She walked out of the bathroom with a huge smile on her face and gave me a hug when it returned to normal color.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:00 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,484,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Every time. I feel like it's really important.
On a funny note, I do recall when I started eating brightly colored candies. Like, a lot of it.

It was fluorescent-lime green for several days. Took me a bit to figure that out.
That happened to me after eating a bag of black licorice.

Old 05-04-2023, 09:56 PM

7,643 posts, read 4,591,848 times
Can I interest any of you in this place's Pandan Flan?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/terdi-art-bakery-san-jose-2

Technically, Terdi is a correct English word for Earth. So a natural type California thing. But, unfortunately for our undoubtedly first generation would be entrepreneurs, they're selling to a marketplace of juvenile delinquents like me who immediately think....Turdy Art Bakery....what level of hell is this?

Old 05-04-2023, 09:57 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Can I interest any of you in this place's Pandan Flan?

https://www.yelp.com/biz/terdi-art-bakery-san-jose-2

Technically, Terdi is a correct English word for Earth. So a natural type California thing. But, unfortunately for our undoubtedly first generation would be entrepreneurs, they're selling to a marketplace of juvenile delinquents like me who immediately think....Turdy Art Bakery....what level of hell is this?

I think I won't click on that...

Old 05-04-2023, 10:52 PM

7,643 posts, read 4,591,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I think I won't click on that...
Relax, I wouldn't steer you wrong. It's just a yelp review place of a bakery that I suppose is fine.

Old 05-04-2023, 11:52 PM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times
How is this observation different from weighing yourself, BP, cholesterul, or any other periodic monitoring?

Old 05-05-2023, 02:41 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,275,685 times
I'm so happy I found this thread because after the last thread I was on, I needed a good laugh. Some of the people on here have quite the sense of humor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness