Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 03:47 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,954,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
People use the Internet all the time for diagnosis. If you are not familiar with wrong diagnosis dot com, go take a look at their board. It's loaded with requests for diagnosis. Ultimately, I think most people would like some idea of what they may be looking for and then they end up at their doctor with some ideas. With so many people without insurance, I think they try to find answers before going to the doctor to help save money. Just my two cents.
I agree and that is why it wont be locked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2008, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,895 times
My mom has already seen another doctor. I know that diagnoses on line are just for some reference. But when a patient saw many doctors and didn't get better, like my mom, might tend to lose confidence in them. I hope this time it will work. Thank you for keeping this thread alive and your kind suggestions

Old 06-08-2008, 03:41 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
Has she just seen family doctors or has she seen a doctor of internal medicine?

The reason I ask is that my family doctor is a doctor of internal medicine. Not just the standard ears nose and throat guy.

2 years ago I had lower abdomen pain. Bad and getting worse. I went in and saw my doctor. He admitted me and they run MRI's, cat scans and xrays. Couldn't find anything. I concluded that it was gal bladder problem. Not stones, but just a gal bladder problem. This VA doesn't do operations so he had me transported to Deaconese in Billings Montana where the VA has all of their surgeries done. They run the same tests and agreed with my doctor. The doctor up there said he was going to make a 2 inch incision and I'd be fine in a few days. When I woke up from the operation, I had a 23 inch incision and 75 staples. It was, in fact, my gal bladder. But, it had gone on so long it had gangriene. They ended up removing 80% of my large intestine, 40% of my colon, and 40% of my small intestine.

Tell her to keep trying, see another doctor.

Also I wanted to comment on some things that have been said. I don't think that people come on here so much for a diagnosis as they do for some ideas of others diagnosis so they can ask better questions of their doctors or health care providers.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyr211 View Post
I am not a native English speaker, so I do not know exactly the name of the illness. That's the result of Google translate..thanks a lot

What is your native language? Perhaps someone can step in and translate it better if you tell them in your language?

How old is your mom and what type of doctors has she seen? If she has not seen a gyno to get a pap smear & pelvic exam, I would start there.

I looked up gynopathy, it is any disease peculiar to women. Since it is in her lower abdomen, my guess is it is involving the cervix/uterus.

If you go here, you'll see a post by me. I had a cyst burst back in March & have had pain in my abdomen since then. Long story short, I had an ultra sound, vag probe & pap smear and will have 2 biopsies tomorrow, one cervical, the other uterus. If anything, you mom might insist on an ultra sound if she hasn't had one.

It's also possible she's suffering from bowel or intestine problems.

What I like to do is to find medical posters or you can do a search for female abdomen & femal internal organs. You should be able to find one that lists the organs. The problem is that with the reproductive system & small intestines being in the same spot, it's really hard to say exactly what it is. When my saga started, the people in the emergency room at the hospital said they would rule out a bladder infection, then take it from there because there are too many organs located in the same spot.

Good luck. If it was me, I'd make an appointment at the gyno and someone that specializes in internal medicine

Old 06-09-2008, 07:01 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,643,068 times
I would be reluctant to give medical advice, since I am not a healthcare person, but more symptoms would be helpful in pointing you to another direction. you could watch her diet, make sure that it is not a constipation problem. my mom is 75 and her doctor recommend that she take miralax to aid in being regular. this helped with some stomach pain. without more info, can't figure out what to tell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness