Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 05:55 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,877,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by len ren View Post
Not really, i'm just thinking the doctor I saw may have not given me the proper medical treatment and wanted to expose this and find out if anyone else agreed with me and i'm surprised by most of your replies. I wonder, if a 20 something year old female had precisely what I caught, would this ENT doctor give her the precise exact treatment? I don't think so. I think that ENT doctor would of jumped off his seat and tell her to go straight to the emergency department and I could bet on it. Can we take a close look at the actual medical statistics that doctors and hospitals are allowed to hide to prove my point as to who is favored over others? Yup there are also children's hospitals just devoted for children when in fact it is the elderly who are in need for the most medical attention because they are the most weak and frail.
Ah. So now it's a conspiracy? Go get that second opinion. However, it still won't address the elephant in the room...you didn't comply with the course of treatment. Who knows what the outcome might have been if you DID?

Last edited by Parnassia; 07-28-2023 at 06:06 PM..

Old 07-28-2023, 06:09 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,868,996 times
Quote:
Not really, i'm just thinking the doctor I saw may have not given me the proper medical treatment and wanted to expose this and find out if anyone else agreed with me and i'm surprised by most of your replies. I wonder, if a 20 something year old female had precisely what I caught, would this ENT doctor give her the precise exact treatment? I don't think so. I think that ENT doctor would of jumped off his seat and tell her to go straight to the emergency department or arrange it for her on a silver platter and I could bet on it. Can we take a close look at the actual medical statistics including their history and everyday conduct that surprisingly doctors and hospitals are allowed to hide to prove my point as to who is favored over others including wait times and all the mistakes they make? Yup there are also children's hospitals just devoted for children when in fact it is the elderly who are in need for the most medical attention because they are the most weak and frail.
I actually assumed you were young when I wrote my reply. It didn't occur to me that someone older would be so lacking in life experience to think what you did was a wise way of handing it.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:22 PM

92 posts, read 109,875 times
I'm 55 and don't always look or feel happy or social.

I did follow my first doctor's instructions who is my family doctor and was fully on oral anti biotics twice a day for 7 days. It clearly says through google and on medical web sites, if a large infected parotid gland abscess doesn't clear away in 7 to 10 days after being on oral anti-biotics, (some say after 48 hours), intravenous antibiotics may be administered directly into the large infected abscess and the complete drainage of puss must follow to allow it to fully heal. This is what I expected that ENT (whos one of the best surgeons in the city) to do because my abscess was large at that point and still infected (still today) as he said it's not necessary and prescribed that ointment that completely stopped the drainage.(as if he did the opposite of help).(Although yes I know I was suppose to consult with him right away instead of a month or so later).

Since I also read including on this thread, if an infected abscess is left untreated for a prolonged time, the infection may spread to surrounding tissues including into the deep tissues. When I look at the exact color of my abscess through my mobile phone video which I do sometimes everyday to keep an eye on the color and size, sometimes there's a darkish red or reddish purple in the middle. What I fear is when this abscess is completely flat and all the remaining puss is absorbed by my body and gone, the darkish red purple color may still remain, never go away and continue to feel hot as it continues to affect the deeper tissue directly under it which is under my ear lobe, that may result in a serious surgery that may put a hole in my face. I may have to go to the emergency if this doesn't completely clear away in some weeks since I believe my first doctor did the right thing but not my second/ or will get another opinion for sure.

Last edited by len ren; 07-28-2023 at 08:28 PM..

Old 07-28-2023, 07:38 PM

1,921 posts, read 913,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post

Consider yourself validated. You're absolutely correct, everyone else is wrong. You win the internet. Congratulations.
Can't rep you more, just snorted my beer.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:37 PM

I forgot to mention, I did get an ultra sound arranged by my family doctor on june 20 that didn't detect any stones or obstruction in the ducts of the parotid gland, although the ducts seem to be kind of abnormal looking but did detect the bacteria formation (puss) in the abscess, in which my ENT doctor also saw the results on the 23rd that there was still puss inside so why didn't he do something to drain that remaining puss out since the abscess didn't clear after being on 7 days of oral antibiotics? which I will be asking him soon---SEE i'm communicating with him.-----and will soon be getting a CT scan to see more details as to what's going on now and what caused all of this------I hope the infection didn't/ doesn't go deeper.-----

Last edited by len ren; 07-28-2023 at 09:14 PM..

Old 07-28-2023, 10:06 PM

GOOGLED------------If the infection from an abscess spreads into deeper tissue, you may develop a fever and begin to feel ill.-----------GOOD I never got a fever or feel ill since this happened so the infection has not spread deeper into my tissue.----------I could sleep now.-------

Old 07-29-2023, 08:36 AM

9,155 posts, read 6,202,297 times
Quote:
GOOGLED------------If the infection from an abscess spreads into deeper tissue, you may develop a fever and begin to feel ill.-----------GOOD I never got a fever or feel ill since this happened so the infection has not spread deeper into my tissue.----------I could sleep now.-------

Google may be your friend but it's not your doctor.

"It's Official: Study Shows Dr Google Really Is Wrong More Often Than Not"

https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-...eally-bad-idea

Old 07-30-2023, 09:14 AM

Out of almost all your replies that didn't side with me, as if a patient's word doesn't hold against a doctor's words or actions, this is the only one that did, "In general, you want to open and drain the abscess. Not sure oral antibiotics will do anything. If I were you, I'd ask your doc why he's not draining it.(unless theres a reason).

Your replies are mostly all about what I was suppose to do but not what that doctor was suppose to do IF IT WILL BE PROVEN LATER that it was required for him to ensure 100% of the puss was completely drained to stop the infection and allow the abscess to fully heal before giving me a second prescription of oral anti biotics, peroxid and polysporin that closed the opening and stopped the drainage since june 23. Now i'm worried since I had this infection for almost 2 months, it may have spreaded to my neck since when I cough (although don't need to cough i'm just testing) I feel a slight ache down there.

In the coming 1 to 2 weeks I will be asking both doctors all the questions I asked here, and depending on their answer, and depending what my CT scan will reveal if the puss has spread to other tissues or caused other damages, I will file a major complaint with the health care system and provide all the intricate details as I provided here on this thread (which i'm good at doing), and if I need to, escalate it further to the highest possible department against the ENT or both doctors, if I need to.

Last edited by len ren; 07-30-2023 at 09:27 AM..

Old 07-30-2023, 09:20 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,505,869 times
Quote:
Out of almost all your replies that didn't side with me, as if a patient's word doesn't hold against a doctor's words or actions, this is the only one that did, "In general, you want to open and drain the abscess. Not sure oral antibiotics will do anything. If I were you, I'd ask your doc why he's not draining it.(unless theres a reason).

Your replies is mostly all about what I was suppose to do but not what that doctor was suppose to do IF IT WILL BE PROVEN LATER that it was required for him to ensure 100% of the puss was completely drained to stop the infection and allow the abscess to fully heal before giving me a second prescription of oral anti biotics, peroxid and polysporin that closed the opening and stopped the drainage since june 23. Now i'm worried since I had this infection for almost 2 months, it may have spreaded to my neck since when I cough (although don't need to cough i'm just testing) I feel a slight ache down there.

In the coming 1 to 2 weeks I will be asking both doctors all the questions I asked here, and depending on their answer, and depending what my CT scan will reveal if the puss has spread to other tissues, I will file a major complaint and escalate it to the highest possible department against both doctors if I need to.
If you're worried, please seek a second opinion immediately. Ask for recommendations for a good ENT doc in your area. And be transparent with the doc, about your medical history, and why you sought him out (bring up all your concerns with the previous doc). A good doc will answer them in a way that reassures you, not dismisses you. Also ask for a copy of your medical records, and bring them with you.

Old 07-30-2023, 10:01 AM

3,445 posts, read 2,420,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
If you're worried, please seek a second opinion immediately. Ask for recommendations for a good ENT doc in your area. And be transparent with the doc, about your medical history, and why you sought him out (bring up all your concerns with the previous doc). A good doc will answer them in a way that reassures you, not dismisses you. Also ask for a copy of your medical records, and bring them with you.
He has a doctor who has provided reassurance and help in treating his abscess. He has CHOSEN to ignore the instructions, and is upset that the treatment didn't work. It didn't work, because he chose not to follow instructions. A new doctor, if they're any good at their job, will also give instructions. This poster has a pattern of not following instructions and being upset that the results aren't what he wanted. This ain't his first rodeo with medical maladies. The result is always the same: "I decided that the doctor was wrong, and I did something else instead of what I was instructed to do. It didn't turn out well, so obviously the doctor was wrong."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness