Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 09:47 AM

50,874 posts, read 24,384,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
A better way of handling it imo is make the person give a small deposit which is refunded on appointment or cancellation with adequate notice. That way no need to bother with a phone call or email or sms. Not everyone has the time or forgets to respond to them.
Really...now that would be hassle. A hassle for the patient and a hassle for the office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2023, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Did they ask for or agree to receive and reply to confirmation requests? Or are you of the mind that anyone who obtains your email or telephone number has therefore the right to contact you repeatedly and also to get a response? I wouldn't agree with that at all.

I agree with the person who said you have confirmed your appointment when you made it. If they cancel it, they, not the patient have reneged on the agreement.

I also think the OP can and should opt out of unwanted confirmation requests. Whenever I get a text confirmation request it says something like "reply STOP to stop these texts."
Why is this even a problem. When I get a phone request to confirm an appointment, or a text message to confirm an appointment, usually it take me hitting either y or n OR 1 or 2. I don't see why this is so difficult for a reasonable person to accomplish.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
From time to time I've had to wait in the waiting room because my dentist had to take extra time with a current patient because of complications. I had no problem waiting because the other person matters too. And yes, I did once receive a call from my dentist asking if I could reschedule my appointment because of some problem which I don't remember. Again, I was happy to do so.

You see, I realize that it's not all about me. Plus, I like my dentist and my hygienist. They are both very nice people and I wouldn't think of inconveniencing either of them. But maybe that's just me.
Nicely stated.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Its inconsiderate to make patients wait for hours as well.
I would agree with that. But I have never ever been kept waiting "for hours".

Old 08-24-2023, 10:58 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,021,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I would agree with that. But I have never ever been kept waiting "for hours".
The max I have had to wait was nearly 3 hours.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:34 AM

24,610 posts, read 10,936,326 times
Quote:
The max I have had to wait was nearly 3 hours.
And you did not inquire about the reason for the wait and the option to reschedule? You must have been on CD

Old 08-24-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
When you pay someone to do a job, do you expect them to stick by the terms of their job?
So, for example, one day I had an appointmet at the cardiologist. The appointment was for 3 p.m., and he didn't see me till 4:15. You think that's inexcusable?

Old 08-24-2023, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I mean, SEVEN messages?? Why does your wife even have a cellphone? She can't take it into work so you'd think she'd immediately check it when she got out of work to make sure you haven't, you know, died or something during the day.

Look, the doctors aren't creating extra work for fun. They obviously did it to address a problem. Every one of my doctors/dentist/even hairdresser have some sort of confirmation system. Some are old-school - the receptionist calls, leaves a VM if I don't answer, says to call them back "if I have any problem" with the appointment. I've never tested the system by not showing up for an appointment.

Two of my doctors now do on-line confirmation as well as check-in. The check-in was a pain in the beginning but now most of the answers default in from the last time.
Yes, I recently found that,too. Much less paperwork.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
And you did not inquire about the reason for the wait and the option to reschedule? You must have been on CD
Its the same excuse as every time. Dr is backed up, he is behind, he came in late, they overbooked. Standard excuses. Funny enough, the VA is the only place where they are almost always on time for appointments.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So, for example, one day I had an appointmet at the cardiologist. The appointment was for 3 p.m., and he didn't see me till 4:15. You think that's inexcusable?
Yes. If you were doing a job for someone and you told them you would be there at a certain time, do you think its ok for you to be hours late to do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness