Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 02:41 PM

2,539 posts, read 1,907,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
If a hospital participates in Medicare/Medicaid (almost all do) they need to get their employees vaccinated. That's a CMS requirement. I'm not sure if Florida/Texas can supersede that? Maybe someone who works down there in a hospital can answer.
"In a final rule published in the Federal Register June 5, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) withdrew its requirement that health care workers get the COVID-19 vaccine."

Old 09-09-2023, 02:48 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
There have been multiple agonizingly long threads hashing and re-hashing all of this stuff. Multiple bickering threads combined or repeatedly shut down by our hard-working mods. Why don't you go search them? There should be more than enough to keep you busy!
Are you currently “up to date”?

Old 09-09-2023, 03:09 PM

23,259 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Are you currently “up to date”?
Speculate all you want. It's none of your business...

Old 09-09-2023, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Speculate all you want. It's none of your business...
I don’t think it’s any of my employer’s business

Old 09-09-2023, 03:41 PM

1,147 posts, read 860,779 times
Quote:
Show me the data that two doses of mRNA is better than immunity gained over previous infection.
That's a false dilemma and goes contrary why vaccines were invented in the first place.

Last edited by Medical Lab Guy; 09-09-2023 at 04:57 PM..

Old 09-09-2023, 03:58 PM

9,285 posts, read 14,890,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
That's a false dilemma and goes contrary why vaccines were infected in the first place.
Don't you mean "invented" not "infected"? Spell check can be horrible. I love your posts and believe you above most others on medical topics.

Old 09-09-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medical Lab Guy View Post
That's a false dilemma and goes contrary why vaccines were infected in the first place.
It was a reality for millions of Americans, many of whom had reservations about taking a “vaccine” for an illness they had already contracted and recovered from.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Don't you mean "invented" not "infected"? Spell check can be horrible. I love your posts and believe you above most others on medical topics.
Typo and auto correct noted and thanks. I also would not consider myself an authority figure. I give my perspective and respect other perspectives. That's what forums are for. When there are disputes of facts I try and give references. When it comes to giving opinion then we all have one. We all have unique situations so one size does not fit all. I don't want to inhibit discussion claiming authoritative status.

I tend to post generalizations because specifics are often unknown to the poster where the doctor would know that.When I do post generalizations I am aware of exceptions.

I also want to warn people that as I get older my English seems to get worse. I am not a native English speaker and first generation immigrant.

There's a lot of different facets and perspectives about broad topics and so given the same topic I make an effort to present a different element rather than simply kicking a dead horse or beating a dead horse, whatever.

Thanks again.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:26 PM

Quote:
It was a reality for millions of Americans, many of whom had reservations about taking a “vaccine” for an illness they had already contracted and recovered from.
I was among those with reservations and I have no problem with the total context that you now post and the obvious question that you asked. There were concerns about the vaccine and what would happen to those already infected who took it. I understand what you are saying about that but the previous post had a little different spin on it that left room for the interpretation that one should avoid vaccines and that getting infected was a better option in order to optimize immunity.

There were definite concerns about mRNA vaccines and justifiably so at the time. There's questions now about vaccine strategy. There's also been been more normalizing of the medical aspects to the virus politically. Fauci stepped down and new leadership at the CDC and so we might see differences in handling present day problems.

Old 09-09-2023, 07:59 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
I don’t think it’s any of my employer’s business
Well, no, it is your employer's business. If you don't get vaccinated and you pass on a disease to a customer while you're at work, that makes your employer liable for being sued for having an unsafe workplace. Personally, if I were an employer, to protect myself and my assets, I'd make vaccination a condition of employment and if an employee didn't like that, well, there's the door.

Kind of like how you guys are always saying, if you don't like what you're getting paid, get another job. Same thing.

I mean, if I knew someone was going to come on to my personal property and throw things around that might injure other people who might come on to my property and set me up for a lawsuit, wouldn't I be a fool for not preventing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness