Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:21 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
I agree with you on your point of view on Gardisil but you cannot generalize the medical community and assume they are all out to hurt patients. There are bad apples out there, but don't over-generalize.

I used to work for Merck and know quite a bit about what is going on and the bottom line is this, take it for what it's worth:

There is "NO PROOF" that Gardasil causes the listed AEs and there is "NO PROOF" that Gardasil PREVENTS cervical cancer. But our job is (was) to sell this vaccine based on the fact that there is NO PROOF it works and NO PROOF that it harms people!!!

I do not have children, but I have advised my nieces and those I know NOT to take this vaccine. Your best ally is early prevention and detection, that is key. Not everyone will agree with me, so make your own choice.

I will stress my former statement that you cannot make broad generalizations that all doctors, pharmaceutical comapanies, medications and vaccines, etc are bad. I now work for an specilized, ethical company that actually brings quality to patients lives.

It is wise to be informed and educate yourselves and ask questions. In fact, you should never blindly trust a doctor, instead, ask them questions and try to understand why they are prescribing x, y or z. Get involved in the process because if you are seeing a dr that is unethical, by doing this, you will weed them out which in turn may save you money and most importantly, your LIFE.

Always be a skeptic but show you want to work with your healthcare team and be proactive. Your more likely to get better care that way.

Sorry to get off topic, just so many issues wrapped up in this. Hope this information helps.

I just wanted to add a few more facts about this topic after i read my post, as I don't want to be misleading.

There is an overwhelming amount of postive data that shows gardasil is effective. In fact, it is one of the most heavily studied and intensly monitored vaccines, by the CDC and FDA.

To clarify my stance on the subject, I was referring to the fact pap screening is still the only proven method to prevent cervical cancer. In the case to vaccinate, I believe it should be one's choice, but I personally feel there is not enough data on long-term efficacy and safety.

According to current data, it is still unknown how long gardasil will fully protect a female from HPV infections that cause cervical cancer. So far the data shows only 5 yrs but it is still unknown if a booster shot will be needed.

Take home message is a patient really needs to examine their level of risk to HPV and understand the side effects associated with gardasil.

Regardless, women will need to continue to need pap exams thoroughout life.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,205 times
Thank you for your honesty, GoTexan. I personally don't trust most of what Big Pharma has to say about disease control, and it's refreshing to hear my opinion validated by someone who is actually in the business.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 20,636 times
--- On Fri, 12/5/08, Dullard, Denise wrote:From: Dullard, Denise Subject: RE: Ashley Ryburn illnessTo: lisaholt31@yahoo.com, "Tom Copley" , "Roberta Rowland" , "Karen Sherwood" Cc: "Eric Miller" , "Ruth" , "Sherri" Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 12:30 PMI am shocked and amazed by this. I have a very good friend here at work who has had their daughter in the hospital for 7 weeks. They are releasing her tomorrow without a diagnosis. She has experienced much of the same things as Ashley has but her “seizures” didn’t begin until about a week ago. (headaches, vomiting, low blood pressure, pain so bad only narcotics will help, seizures that can’t be explained but aren’t actual seizures) I just shared this with her and she went out to research this also. Her niece had just received the second dose of the Gardasil vaccine 3 or 4 weeks prior to all of the symptoms beginning. The family has just let the doctors at the hospital know that this is what they think is causing this so I will let you know if they have anything to offer. I thank you for this email and update as I have 4 daughters only one of them has begun the vaccine series. Love to you!! Denise From: Lisa Holtman [mailto:lisaholt31@yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 4:37 AMTo: Tom Copley; Dullard, Denise; Roberta Rowland; Karen SherwoodCc: Eric Miller; Ruth; SherriSubject: Ashley Ryburn illness Ashley has been through many many medical tests. Too many to name them all. I have done non-stop research for almost a year. We have gotten second opinions. And the same test done over and over. All tests are WNL. When Ashley has an "episode" it is hard to know what treatment she needs except to medicate the symptoms due to not having a diagnosis. A couple of days ago Ashley asked me if I thought her symptoms could be a result of vaccinations. I quickly answered, "No I don't think so" Today, after another disappointing doctors appointment of being told tests are normal I can't treat you. I decieded to call Mercy North and get the dates that she had the HPV Virus vaccination. Drug name GARDASIL. She only recieved two of the three doses due to her being so ill. I discovered many families going through the exact same experiences we are. I read over 250 stories. Thousands of cases are out there. There are girls missing so much school due to the pain, nausea, dizziness, seizures, too many symptoms to mention that the are having to retake another year of school or be home bound schooled. My daughter has had her teen years taken away due to her symptoms. She cant stand in the shower. She cant walk down the hallway in our home without holding onto the wall to keep her from falling. She sleeps. She is dizzy 100 percent of her life. She is weak. She is in pain. Doctors give us zero answers. Again to many symptoms to mention. The timeline of having a healthy child and not was after the Gardasil was given to her. 27 girls have died. over 8000 girls have reported these severe side effects. After I researched everthing I have about this drug, I am convinced without a doubt in my mind that this drug has caused Ashley's health and lifestyle to fail her. Along with many other young women I have read about. This last year has been unreal. You just can't imagine what it's like to have a chronically ill child and not know why. I am ready to provide lifesaving skills to my daughter 24 hours a day. I have called 911 more times than I can count. Today after discovering this information, I immediately called our primary doctor. He has been well mannered, logical doctor. He has taken the time with us to brainstorm and educate me. He has read Ashley's 4 inch high medical records. And has only been our new doctor for about a month. I left a message with his front office as to what I learned about the Gardasil and asked if she would ask the doctor to research it also. The office called me back with in the hour and asked us to come in for an appointment this Tuesday. I believe this is our answer. Unfortuantely, I found no miracle cure. I have no idea how long Ashley will endure these symptoms. The drug has only been out since 2006. Many girls I read about have had no relief other than treating the symptoms. Which Ashley's has somewhat relief taking oxycodone. This is unexceptable to have my 16 year old daughter on such strong addictive drugs. This can cause so many other issues. I encourage you to research this drug. I plead with you to not give it to your daughters. Ashley missed a semester of school last year and only attends one or two days a week this semester. So far her school has been very supportive. It would sadden her if she couldn't attend school again. My worry for her is how long will this last. How will it effect her furture. And I dont believe anyone has that answer. This drug has not been out long enough to provide us that information. Thank You for allowing me to share this with you. And please spread the news to any parent thinking about giving Gardasil to thier daughters, NOT to do it. Respectfully, Lisa Holtman CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please do not distribute it. Please notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown and delete or destroy the original message and any attachments. Thank you.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Link

According to the Centers for Disease Control, the vaccine was tested in over 10,000 females (ages 9 to 26). These studies have shown no serious side effects. The most common side effect is soreness at the injection site. CDC, working with the FDA, will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccine after it is in general use. The vaccine does not contain mercury, thimerosal or live virus.[2]

The National Cancer Institute says, "FDA-approved Gardasil prevented nearly 100 percent of the precancerous cervical cell changes caused by the types of HPV targeted by the vaccine for up to 4 years after vaccination."

You go right on believing there have been no serious side effects! There are TONS of stories out there. The way I've seen it (personally) AND from other threads and forums AND the research I've done, there ARE MORE side effects than those it saves!

The vaccine does NOT protect against ALL types of HPV that cause cancer.

Good luck to all of you. I pray for the little girls who's parents are subjecting them to this horrifying vaccine, among others!

Bless you all in this tough but OBVIOUS decision

Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,572 times
HPV vaccine causes 21 deaths and counting - CDC study launched

Anybody out there who takes the CDC's word for it, is ignorant at best. That is not an insult. It only means you need to look further for answers and not believe the one source who has special intersts and money involved!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:54 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,969,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
hpv is a std....so dont have unprotected sex...

better yet teach our daughters to abstain....untill marriage

no problem
There is still a problem! My daughter is not having sex, is nowhere close to having sex, but the nurse convinced her that she needed to get this vaccine "just in case". Regardless, even if she was abstinent until marriage, who knows if her husband would also be.
Also, and I may be taking your statement completely wrong, but even if my daughter, or your daughter, or whomever's daughter isn't abstaining, they still do not deserve the things that this shot is doing to them. Besides the fact that girls as young as NINE are getting this shot, and I'll wager that MOST nine years are not having sex. I remember when HIV/ AIDS first came on the scene and people were saying "oh well, it's just a GAY disease", sortof like because these people were gay, they deserved what they got. Well, let me tell you, I didn't agree with that and I certainly don't agree with your statement either. I don't care if a kid is having sex three times a day with three different men, they do NOT deserve to be paralyzed, or have siezures or have fluid collect around their heart making it so they can't breathe, they DO NOT DESERVE anything this drug is doing to our girls!

This drug is being touted and advertised as a cure for cancer, as a preventitive for cancer, and if you haven't done your research most people will just take their Dr's at their word and give this shot to their girls. Just like they did the MMR,polio and the chicken pox shot. They just sorta throw it in there and again, most people will just take them at their word. And unfortunately, some of those ( and the number is growing rapidly) getting the shot have to deal with the adverse effects. It's a problem and whether or not your daughter was effected, we all need to get involved and get the word out about this dangerous drug!

Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
Default Gardasil - adverse reaction

My daughter, Victoria, has been ill since February 2008.

Here is some history. I will be as brief as possible. My daughter had her first Gardasil vaccination November 2007. Her second vaccination was in the beginning of February 2008. Immediately after her second vaccination, Victoria experienced severe diarrhea and was nauseous for about eight weeks. She had blood work done many times and doctors thought she had a virus. On March 31, 2008, she had her first seizure. My daughter has treated with many neurologists, all of whom have not related her seizures to Gardasil. Meanwhile, there are quite a few hundred people that I have found over the internet through my numerous postings and through Erin Brockovich, and their daughters are all experiencing the same symptoms, which occurred after the Gardasil vaccination. We have actually formed a group and share our daughters' stories, symptoms and information. My daughter has had CT scans, MRI's, MRA's, EEG's, blood work and was hospitalized at an epilepsy center in the video EEG monitoring unit for two separate weeks in May 2008 and September 2008. She was put on many different seizure medications. After the normal EEG results, she was taken off all medications. Her SED rate has always been high and she does have protein in her urine, but doctors do not seem concerned. I was told that her red blood are small, but this apparently is not concerning either.

My daughter has been seen by several neurologists, a psychiatrist, psychologist, several neuropsychologists, an immunologist, several infectious disease doctors, and also treated a at Wellness Center for a period of time. Wellness Center physicians believe that my daughter may have Lyme disease that was dormant until the Gardasil vaccine. Infectious disease doctors differ. Which doctors are correct? I have no idea.

My daughter currently experiences the following symptoms: non-epileptic seizures, migraines, fainting, tremors, twitches, numbness, intermittent leg paralysis and facial paralysis, tingling, staring or blank episodes, eye pain, joint pain, neck pain, back pain, memory loss, confusion, brain fog, regression, mood swings and chronic fatigue. She continues to have bouts of nausea and diarrhea. She has not been in school since April 2008. My daughter can never be left home alone. She can't go to school, go out with her friends or work or has little "normalcy" in her life. She has very few good days and always says she doesn't feel good.

I do not know which way to turn for help. We have seen so many doctors and I can't seem to find anyone willing to help my daughter. There are so many other young girls who have the same exact symptoms as my daughter and the one thing that all of the girls seem to have in common is the Gardasil vaccination.

We are on a fixed income, as most people, and we have expended many thousands of dollars in an effort to seek medical opinions and assistance. Although we do have medical insurance, it is very difficult to find doctors willing to treat my daughter who will accept our HMO. Also, there are no "traditional medical doctors" who will relate my daughter's symptoms to Gardasil as I am told "there is not enough information available" about the vaccine and doctors believe it to be "safe" . The vaccine has been available for less than three years. Meanwhile, there are some doctors who are making the correlation between Gardasil and many of the girls' symptoms. However, the only doctors I know of right now are in California and Kansas. Other doctors are willing to "try" treatment, most of which is "homeopathic" in nature and extremely costly. Once again, I must reiterate that there are so many other young girls experiencing negative symptoms.

Each and every night, I check on my daughter many times in the middle of the night to make sure she is still breathing (like we ALL did when they were babies). I have a chime on her bedroom door so that every time she opens it, I know she has walked out of her room. I had a deadbolt put on the front door of our home with a key that can be removed from the inside. I never leave the key in the door for fear that Victoria will be confused after a seizure or when she has memory loss, and leave our home. (This has happened many times and she has been missing). When she is in the shower, I have to either stand outside the door and/or keep asking her "are you okay?"

Each and everyday, I cry and wonder if Victoria will be next one to die from adverse reactions to Gardasil.

We are in desperate need of medical treatment for my daughter. I have run out of ideas, doctors to treat with and finances have dwindled. I do not know which direction to turn. Any thoughts are most appreciated, especially from the medical community.

The National Vaccine Information Center is in the process of circulating a petition to have Gardasil investigated by the government. There are more than 15,000 reported cases of adverse effects from the vaccine which have been reported to the NVIC (many of the adverse effects are extremely serious) and approximately 38 deaths have been reported.

Please feel free to forward this information.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Jodi Speakman
(267) 939-0591
Jodispeaks@aol.com

Old 03-23-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is not a "point of view", it is fact. Here is a website where you can learn more about VAERS.

VAERS - The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System

In all the 35 years I have given vaccines, I have never seen anyone have a seizure as you described. Mostly what I have seen is sore arms, teens who haven't eaten anything in six hours fainting, and fevers.
How do you knonw it was just from not eating? I think that's why a lot of the adverse effects are NOT being reported. You can't be certain that a girl that fainted after getting this vaccine did not faint BECAUSE of the vaccine, when in reality, if a teen girl has gone six hours without eating, she probably does so on a regular basis. So what was it about the shot that made her faint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Link

According to the Centers for Disease Control, the vaccine was tested in over 10,000 females (ages 9 to 26). These studies have shown no serious side effects. The most common side effect is soreness at the injection site. CDC, working with the FDA, will continue to monitor the safety of the vaccine after it is in general use. The vaccine does not contain mercury, thimerosal or live virus.[2]

The National Cancer Institute says, "FDA-approved Gardasil prevented nearly 100 percent of the precancerous cervical cell changes caused by the types of HPV targeted by the vaccine for up to 4 years after vaccination."
No, instead the vaccine AND the placebo have aluminum in it. I don't think that's any better!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 PM

Jodi,

I am so very sorry. My daughter and I know just how you feel. We have got to do something about this! I will let you know if I find anything that helps my daughter.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:28 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,321,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiSpeaks View Post
My daughter, Victoria, has been ill since February 2008.

Here is some history. I will be as brief as possible. My daughter had her first Gardasil vaccination November 2007. Her second vaccination was in the beginning of February 2008. Immediately after her second vaccination, Victoria experienced severe diarrhea and was nauseous for about eight weeks. She had blood work done many times and doctors thought she had a virus. On March 31, 2008, she had her first seizure. My daughter has treated with many neurologists, all of whom have not related her seizures to Gardasil. Meanwhile, there are quite a few hundred people that I have found over the internet through my numerous postings and through Erin Brockovich, and their daughters are all experiencing the same symptoms, which occurred after the Gardasil vaccination. We have actually formed a group and share our daughters' stories, symptoms and information. My daughter has had CT scans, MRI's, MRA's, EEG's, blood work and was hospitalized at an epilepsy center in the video EEG monitoring unit for two separate weeks in May 2008 and September 2008. She was put on many different seizure medications. After the normal EEG results, she was taken off all medications. Her SED rate has always been high and she does have protein in her urine, but doctors do not seem concerned. I was told that her red blood are small, but this apparently is not concerning either.

My daughter has been seen by several neurologists, a psychiatrist, psychologist, several neuropsychologists, an immunologist, several infectious disease doctors, and also treated a at Wellness Center for a period of time. Wellness Center physicians believe that my daughter may have Lyme disease that was dormant until the Gardasil vaccine. Infectious disease doctors differ. Which doctors are correct? I have no idea.

My daughter currently experiences the following symptoms: non-epileptic seizures, migraines, fainting, tremors, twitches, numbness, intermittent leg paralysis and facial paralysis, tingling, staring or blank episodes, eye pain, joint pain, neck pain, back pain, memory loss, confusion, brain fog, regression, mood swings and chronic fatigue. She continues to have bouts of nausea and diarrhea. She has not been in school since April 2008. My daughter can never be left home alone. She can't go to school, go out with her friends or work or has little "normalcy" in her life. She has very few good days and always says she doesn't feel good.

I do not know which way to turn for help. We have seen so many doctors and I can't seem to find anyone willing to help my daughter. There are so many other young girls who have the same exact symptoms as my daughter and the one thing that all of the girls seem to have in common is the Gardasil vaccination.

We are on a fixed income, as most people, and we have expended many thousands of dollars in an effort to seek medical opinions and assistance. Although we do have medical insurance, it is very difficult to find doctors willing to treat my daughter who will accept our HMO. Also, there are no "traditional medical doctors" who will relate my daughter's symptoms to Gardasil as I am told "there is not enough information available" about the vaccine and doctors believe it to be "safe" . The vaccine has been available for less than three years. Meanwhile, there are some doctors who are making the correlation between Gardasil and many of the girls' symptoms. However, the only doctors I know of right now are in California and Kansas. Other doctors are willing to "try" treatment, most of which is "homeopathic" in nature and extremely costly. Once again, I must reiterate that there are so many other young girls experiencing negative symptoms.

Each and every night, I check on my daughter many times in the middle of the night to make sure she is still breathing (like we ALL did when they were babies). I have a chime on her bedroom door so that every time she opens it, I know she has walked out of her room. I had a deadbolt put on the front door of our home with a key that can be removed from the inside. I never leave the key in the door for fear that Victoria will be confused after a seizure or when she has memory loss, and leave our home. (This has happened many times and she has been missing). When she is in the shower, I have to either stand outside the door and/or keep asking her "are you okay?"

Each and everyday, I cry and wonder if Victoria will be next one to die from adverse reactions to Gardasil.

We are in desperate need of medical treatment for my daughter. I have run out of ideas, doctors to treat with and finances have dwindled. I do not know which direction to turn. Any thoughts are most appreciated, especially from the medical community.

The National Vaccine Information Center is in the process of circulating a petition to have Gardasil investigated by the government. There are more than 15,000 reported cases of adverse effects from the vaccine which have been reported to the NVIC (many of the adverse effects are extremely serious) and approximately 38 deaths have been reported.

Please feel free to forward this information.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Jodi Speakman
(267) 939-0591
Jodispeaks@aol.com
Jodi, I know that this reply is several years after your post, but I was wondering how your daughter, Victoria, is doing. I'm 19 and my OB/GYN wondered why I haven't received it. I told her that my mom and I agreed that it was too new. Her reply was, "It's been around for 10 years. You'll be fine!"

My mom says it's up to me. I'm having difficulty deciding. One part of me says, "What if you do get HPV or cervical cancer and you could've prevented it? What if you'll need a hysterectomy before you have kids?". The other part of me says, "Look at these stories that you've read about other girls who have been chronically ill ever since they had the vaccine."

After reading your daughter's story, I've decided that I'll take the risk of HPV or cervical cancer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness