U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:35 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,291,213 times

Advertisements

I am interested in the benefits of apple vinegar but if I search the net I find contrasting opinions on what to expect from it.
I am just adding to sites as an example of positive and negative points of view.

Apple Cider Vinegar

The sour truth about apple cider vinegar - evaluation of therapeutic use | Nutrition Forum | Find Articles at BNET.com

I am just wondering if there is anybody who has used Apple vinegar and has an opinion on it.

Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 AM

5,644 posts, read 12,250,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
I am interested in the benefits of apple vinegar but if I search the net I find contrasting opinions on what to expect from it.
I am just adding to sites as an example of positive and negative points of view.

Apple Cider Vinegar

The sour truth about apple cider vinegar - evaluation of therapeutic use | Nutrition Forum | Find Articles at BNET.com

I am just wondering if there is anybody who has used Apple vinegar and has an opinion on it.

Thank you

If you read through both examples you cited, neither are "positive" reviews, both accurately point out that vinegar has zero medicinal benefit and no evidence to back up myriad health claims that proponents will tout.

In short, I personally like a little vinegar on my salad, its especially good on spinach.....the spinach and salad are doing much more for my health than the vinegar ever will.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:44 AM

3,191 posts, read 8,732,012 times
My experience of using vinegar to help with a tough round of acid reflux leads me to hgihly recommend its use.
It is a natural product and inexpensive. I daresay if some drug company could patent it, you would see commercials touting its benefits and a 800 number to call and get your free sample.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:43 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,291,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
If you read through both examples you cited, neither are "positive" reviews, both accurately point out that vinegar has zero medicinal benefit and no evidence to back up myriad health claims that proponents will tout.

In short, I personally like a little vinegar on my salad, its especially good on spinach.....the spinach and salad are doing much more for my health than the vinegar ever will.

You are right, in the haste to write I gave the wrong reference.

APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, The Wonder "Drug" of Yesterday and Today

This should be a positive one, unless it has a twist at the end (sadly I do not have the time now to read it through)

Thank you for your point of view. I eat plenty fresh vegetable (with some vinegar, just like you) and fruit everyday, nevertheless I like to explore natural remedies rather that always rely on drugs when there is something wrong

Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM

37,376 posts, read 66,941,251 times
I know from experience that cider vinegar is good in two health-related instances: urinary tract infections, and poison ivy.

It's also great for cleaning out drains, but you'll want to use the cheaper white vinegar instead.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:45 PM

6,545 posts, read 20,833,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I know from experience that cider vinegar is good in two health-related instances: urinary tract infections, and poison ivy.

It's also great for cleaning out drains, but you'll want to use the cheaper white vinegar instead.
Poison Ivy? Please tell more.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:02 PM

603 posts, read 2,227,932 times
I swallow a tsp of vinegar whenever I have the hiccups. Works every time-almost immediately!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,662,902 times
I take 8oz glass of water with 1 tb spoon of organic ACV half an hour before i eat. It controls my appetite. Not everyday, maybe few times a week.
I also like to mix it with honey, and have it really cold, it's a nice refreshment when it's hot outside.
Love it, i've been using it for years!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:59 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,085,831 times
I swear by a lot of things that I can't prove nor disprove. I take 2 ACV tablets every day and a teaspoon of ACV a day. You know what they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And I know others who swear by it.

Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 AM
Status: "Restricting people from life is not the answer." (set 26 days ago)

10,377 posts, read 23,605,645 times
Many people take ACV daily. I take it first thing in the morning with some water and honey.
I try to have it 3 times a day, but mainly have it morning and night.
It helps me with joint and muscle pain. Nothing else works that well.
I will also take it now and then for heartburn. And i also put it full strength on rashes, and others do the same for sunburn. It's soothing, takes the itch away and it also takes the burning pain away. Its great stuff.
I got mine from bragg.com. Make sure it's "raw unfiltered organic" with the "mother" in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness