Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:28 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times

Advertisements

Question for you, "medicineman": Do you only see these supposed illnesses in women? You've said you can "see" breast cancer (heck, sometimes X-rays can't even see breast cancer) and other illnesses... in women. Can you see men's illnesses or do you specialize?

Honestly, if some random, off-the-street man walked up to me yammering about how he could "see" my illness, my reaction would depend on my mood at the moment. I might do one of 3 different things: 1) Thank him for his concern, then walk away muttering "nutjob" to myself, or 2) tell him to go pound sand or 3) take a mental photo of him so I could give a good, accurate description to the police.

Sorry, "medicineman", I don't think confronting random women (I still wonder, why no men?) and informing them of illnesses you think you "see" is very wise. Unless someone is bleeding or barfing right in front of you, I'd say your best course of action might be to "mind your own business".

Old 06-14-2008, 09:32 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Question for you, "medicineman": Do you only see these supposed illnesses in women? You've said you can "see" breast cancer (heck, sometimes X-rays can't even see breast cancer) and other illnesses... in women. Can you see men's illnesses or do you specialize?

Honestly, if some random, off-the-street man walked up to me yammering about how he could "see" my illness, my reaction would depend on my mood at the moment. I might do one of 3 different things: 1) Thank him for his concern, then walk away muttering "nutjob" to myself, or 2) tell him to go pound sand or 3) take a mental photo of him so I could give a good, accurate description to the police.

Sorry, "medicineman", I don't think confronting random women (I still wonder, why no men?) and informing them of illnesses you think you "see" is very wise. Unless someone is bleeding or barfing right in front of you, I'd say your best course of action might be to "mind your own business".
This gets an "Amen" from me.....

Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,070 times
I believe some people are given certain gifts,so I would not say I don't believe you.Anything is possible.I'm not sure where I stand on this on one hand I would want to know if I had an illness such as cancer the earlier the better. But also I know for me I wouldn't see a doctor until signs developed anyhow because I don't have insurance.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:09 AM

428 posts, read 1,630,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
there is always a critic.. those who can not tell others not to. believe me this is not something thought of, this is more than you can comprehend. much much more. do what works for you. and i will what works for me. and leave it at that.

I am not just a critic, I am attempting to do a service to you and anyone whom you might approach on the street. You are not some magical mystery that we poor unenlightened souls do not understand. No one "sees" someone's illness by a sidelong glance, and I mean no one. Superhuman powers are either fraud or wishful thinking.

I do understand that some people have better intuitive abilities than others. I have been a doctor for 30 years, and after all this time I can often pick up clues that would not be obvious to a lay person. But guess what--I don't pick them up in a glance at somebody at a party.

If someone wants to come to you and solicit your so-called diagnostic and healing abilities, fine. Then they do this at their own risk. But I would have the same reaction as the above posters if you came up and tried to "diagnose" me with one look.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
i was told by one friend to approach a woman and say... "can i talk to you for a minute." if she says yes. "my name is.... and i have studied natural medicine for 18 yrs. and i would like to talk about breast cancer, would you like to know about it? if she says yes. then tell her what i see, what i have studied, and what i have seen... and tell her how i have helped people and what i have seen in them, and she could have it too. and if she is still interested in knowing. pass her my card and tell her to give me a shout. i can help you. and if she calls help her... if she does not... oh well....
i was told, try not to "force them" but, ask if they want to know more... after each new thing. and at anytime she wants to stop listening, and wants no more. just walk away...

Medicineman, you say you would give them your card. Card?? You walk around seeking people who look like there may be something wrong with their health so you can give them your card? And then what? You heal them? Do you charge for it?

It sounds like you're looking for patients, and you may do more harm than good by practicing your kind of medicine, especially if there IS something wrong with their health whether you "saw" it or not.

That you would come here and ask for advice on how to approach people raises questions in my mind. Your intuitive abilities should also give you these answers as well. Surely you have been "seeing" illness for long enough to have experience with people that will guide you in your approach. No one approach will work for everyone. And walking around soliciting patients doesn't sound particularly ethical to me.

As someone said, why specifically women? Don't you want to help men as well?

It sounds to me like maybe you're here to advertise your healing abilities and for contacts rather than advice.

Last edited by swbtoo; 06-15-2008 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-15-2008, 10:21 AM

233 posts, read 751,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post

why the quotes on my name. i have seen diabetes in men, my gift is not based on gender. i have seen hypertension in men and woman... diabetes in both. failing liver in men, and a bunch of other things. i do not yammer... i would ask them if i could have a word. and ask them if they wanted to know... if at anytime they do not want to hear it... fine. no worries. i will walk away and not bother them again.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Medicineman, you say you would give them your card. Card?? You walk around seeking people who look like there may be something wrong with their health so you can give them your card? And then what? You heal them? Do you charge for it?

It sounds like you're looking for patients, and you may do more harm than good by practicing your kind of medicine, especially if there IS something wrong with their health whether you "saw" it or not.

That you would come here and ask for advice on how to approach people raises questions in my mind. Your intuitive abilities should also give you these answers as well. Surely you have been "seeing" illness for long enough to have experience with people that will guide you in your approach. No one approach will work for everyone. And walking around soliciting patients doesn't sound particularly ethical to me.

As someone said, why specifically women? Don't you want to help men as well?

It sounds to me like maybe you're here to advertise your healing abilities and for contacts rather than advice.
and once more i do not target women... from what i have notice women are to a large degree more interested in the health than men. and i have talked to both men and women. i am not out looking for patients, i could be walking in the mall and see someone. and question should i say anything. i have and some people receive well. others do not...

Old 06-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
I am not just a critic, I am attempting to do a service to you and anyone whom you might approach on the street. You are not some magical mystery that we poor unenlightened souls do not understand. No one "sees" someone's illness by a sidelong glance, and I mean no one. Superhuman powers are either fraud or wishful thinking.

I do understand that some people have better intuitive abilities than others. I have been a doctor for 30 years, and after all this time I can often pick up clues that would not be obvious to a lay person. But guess what--I don't pick them up in a glance at somebody at a party.

If someone wants to come to you and solicit your so-called diagnostic and healing abilities, fine. Then they do this at their own risk. But I would have the same reaction as the above posters if you came up and tried to "diagnose" me with one look.
a doctor for 30 years... so. there are things you are still cluesless about. just on the same line people who have been in the field not as long as you have more experience than you. and once more because your eyes are closed or you wish not to see because it would prove you are wrong. not all abilities can be explained by science. the Lord does and has blessed people with gifts that will blow your mind.
you have your beliefs as you said, you would not listen to someone come and tell you a bunch of bull. i do not want to listen to yours. now be nice. you know the ol saying, can not say something good and nice... say nothing.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 PM

428 posts, read 1,630,393 times
Quote:
...a bunch of bull, i do not want to listen to yours. now be nice. you know the ol saying, can not say something good and nice... say nothing.
Fine, I will make no more posts here. You asked for advice, but you didn't want the correct advice--that you had best not approach people with unsolicited medical diagnoses when you are not qualified. (And feeling as though the Lord has given you a "gift" is fine and dandy, but you are deluding yourself unless you've also gone to med school and gotten the proper training.)

Unless you are a licensed medical practitioner, when you decide to diagnose and treat people, you not only put them at risk, you put yourself at risk of a big bad lawsuit, not to mention a criminal charge of practicing medicine without a license.

And that is not bull.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
Fine, I will make no more posts here. You asked for advice, but you didn't want the correct advice--that you had best not approach people with unsolicited medical diagnoses when you are not qualified. (And feeling as though the Lord has given you a "gift" is fine and dandy, but you are deluding yourself unless you've also gone to med school and gotten the proper training.)

Unless you are a licensed medical practitioner, when you decide to diagnose and treat people, you not only put them at risk, you put yourself at risk of a big bad lawsuit, not to mention a criminal charge of practicing medicine without a license.

And that is not bull.
i came seeking "how?" not your beliefs. i did not come here seeking your 50 cents about what you thought is right. i came asking people especially women how. if you want to know something about a woman. ask another woman. and that is what i did. for the record i have what i need to say what i can and can not do. so do not worry about me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness