Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 10:53 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times

Advertisements

Forgive me is anything related to this has been posted earlier.
I had several Tonsil infections years ago that left deep holes in..
The Tonsils.So Tonsil stones(Believe thats what its called)Build up.
Anyone dealt with this?Doesnt seem like Docs want to remove Tonsils..
These days like they did when my parents when kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
I didn't start having tonsil problems until I was in high school. The first time they got infected I could barely swallow and I was put on a megadose of antibiotics.

After that, I would have infections a couple times a year. It got to the point that I would have a low grade "cold" for 3 months in the winter. Finally, when I was 25 I had them taken out. It was kinda funny, they put me in the pediatrics area since they're used to tonsillectomy recovery.

Anyway, my tonsils looked like the surface of the moon - little holes and craters. It was quite nasty. Occasionally I'd get a piece of rice or something wedged in one.

Okay, that was gross. But really, doctors now don't want to take them out unless they're continuously causing problems. If yours aren't getting infected, they probably won't take them out.

Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Probably time to get them removed anyway if they're causing you pain. Insist it.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:01 AM

396 posts, read 837,748 times
I've had infected tonsils about 5 times already this year. At first my ENT wouldn't take them out, then I got what I thought was a really bad case of Tonsilitis last year and the doc agreed to take them out. Scheduled the surgery...then found out I had Mono, not Tonsilitis. She refused to take the tonsils out. So...I'm still stuck with tonsils...and tonsilitis about 7 or 8 times a year without a doc to take them out. lol. My tonsils look like the grand canyon as well and I can't wait to find someone to take them out! I wish there was another ENT in my area that took my insurance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness