Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 13,953 times

Advertisements

I have suffered with severe menstrual cramps for over 20+ years. I tried everything OTC and even my gynecologist prescribed meds that did not give me any relief. A friend shared something amazing with me...information on what was making me hurt so bad. My body was acidic.

Research shows a high level of acid in a diseased (cancer, ulcers, allergies, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) body. However, diseases can't thrive in an alkaline body. Meaning if you have any of the before-mentioned conditions or other conditions, an alkaline environment (body)
will not allow these monsters to haunt you anymore.

Symptoms of Over-Acidity: acid reflux, weight gain, headaches, muscle aches, depression, allergies, joint pain, memory loss, fatigue, frequent colds and chronic infections to name a few.

Once I changed my water, my life has been changed. Also a good friend who had acid reflux really bad, changed her water and she got relief instantly and doesn't have to take meds anymore.

You can try it too for free and watch your body get happy from relief. Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 11:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,533,401 times
While i do think most could use more water intake including myself but i'm not sold on the water curing the acid/alkaline balance in the body. First off the body and Kidneys and lungs keep the Blood constantly at 7.4 or you'd be dead and not just diseased. Secondly i'd rather get my alkalinity and minerals from Green Leafy Vegetables and not from water even mineral water.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:17 PM

790 posts, read 4,013,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeindeed View Post
I have suffered with severe menstrual cramps for over 20+ years. I tried everything OTC and even my gynecologist prescribed meds that did not give me any relief. A friend shared something amazing with me...information on what was making me hurt so bad. My body was acidic.

Research shows a high level of acid in a diseased (cancer, ulcers, allergies, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.) body. However, diseases can't thrive in an alkaline body. Meaning if you have any of the before-mentioned conditions or other conditions, an alkaline environment (body)
will not allow these monsters to haunt you anymore.

Symptoms of Over-Acidity: acid reflux, weight gain, headaches, muscle aches, depression, allergies, joint pain, memory loss, fatigue, frequent colds and chronic infections to name a few.

Once I changed my water, my life has been changed. Also a good friend who had acid reflux really bad, changed her water and she got relief instantly and doesn't have to take meds anymore.

You can try it too for free and watch your body get happy from relief. Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
What you eat is important as well.
Meat for example is acidifying.
And drinking a glass of water with a whole or half lemon (don't add sugar) a day is a great way to alkalize the body.
I used to have little strips that i'd put in my mouth for a few seconds in order to determine whether or not my acid/alkaline balance was optimum.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,188,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
What you eat is important as well.
Meat for example is acidifying.
And drinking a glass of water with a whole or half lemon (don't add sugar) a day is a great way to alkalize the body.
I used to have little strips that i'd put in my mouth for a few seconds in order to determine whether or not my acid/alkaline balance was optimum.
You can't adjust the acidity/alkalinity of the body by what you put in it....

As already noted above, the body maintains itself at a constant ph of 7.4. Alkaline water, lemons, meat.....no effect on body pH

Old 06-23-2008, 05:38 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,533,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeindeed View Post
Let me know and I can point you in the right direction.
Reading her 3 posts has me wondering if she's going to push a web site or have you purchase books etc...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:14 PM

790 posts, read 4,013,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You can't adjust the acidity/alkalinity of the body by what you put in it....

As already noted above, the body maintains itself at a constant ph of 7.4. Alkaline water, lemons, meat.....no effect on body pH
I'm pretty sure you're incorrect about this but am too tired to go and research at the moment.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
I'm pretty sure you're incorrect about this but am too tired to go and research at the moment.
I am absolutely sure I am correct about this but feel free to research it when you are less tired....

Those strips you were using checked the pH of your saliva, nothing more...

Alkaline Diets and Cancer: Fact or Fiction?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:39 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,590,299 times
A simple way to balance the body's pH balance is to drink daily a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon or two of Apple Cider Vinegar...add a little honey if you can't abide the taste of the vinegar..this is an old folk remedy many swear by for good health....

Old 06-24-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
A simple way to balance the body's pH balance is to drink daily a glass of water mixed with a tablespoon or two of Apple Cider Vinegar...add a little honey if you can't abide the taste of the vinegar..this is an old folk remedy many swear by for good health....
Again, the body's pH is already balanced....7.35-7.45....no matter what you put in your mouth, nothing is going to change that.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,590,299 times
One can test their pH balance with strips to discover what their personal mix is between alkaline and acidic...it does vary--try it yourself...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness