Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 03:26 PM

5,978 posts, read 19,828,475 times

Advertisements

LBSer - I'm confused as to why you posted. It looks like you are looking to find some free diagnosis. The treatment can only follow whatever diagnosis you have, thus the suggestions of the people to see a doctor. I am doubtful that you can find someone to consult for free. The best you could do is ask for a payment arrangement, or put it on a credit card. At the same time, you claim you don't want to "hear" the diagnosis. Maybe you should start a blog instead, if you are just venting?

Old 06-28-2008, 03:45 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,712,323 times
Moderator cut: removed copy of post that has been edited
If you are posting this on a public forum, you are inviting people to post their reactions and opinions on the topic. If you can't handle what people might say, then please don't post anything at all. No need to get worked up.

I thought it was pretty silly too that you'll come and cry about how you "know" you have cancer and yet you are unwilling to do anything about it. Sounds like a cry for attention or sympathy or both.

Last edited by Suzet2262; 06-28-2008 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: copy of post edited

Old 06-28-2008, 04:37 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,618,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
because 8-10 years after she told me that.. lo and behold... it is now walnut to golf size big..
You wait all these years and suddenly decide to post a very dramatic statement online about dying? Look, if it is cancer, you have surely harmed yourself. But it's probably nothing more than a fatty tissue deposit. But only a doctor can diagnose this. You have ignored it for 8-10 years. Sorry, but it's really hard to be compassionate about someone who acts so foolish. Go to the doctor and end the drama.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,417,855 times
Go ... to ... a ... doctor!

And, why, oh why, didn't you get a second opinion? They're not all the same.
And, why, oh why, do you not have insurance if you've been thinking you have cancer all these years?

"i am also afraid that they will verify my hunch. i would rather be living with ignorance of what this lump is while i still feel okay anyway."

- I understand the fear. But, do you really want to live in ignorance? I don't know what you hope to gain from people here, but I haven't seen any MDs answer and I doubt that one would other than to say: Go to a doctor! The emergency room has to take you without insurance, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. Throw a visit on a credit card. Ask in advance for a payment plan. Try to get some low level insurance before you go. They'll take blood and whatnot, but you don't have to tell them about the lump. Get a diagnosis and look into alternative therapies if you have to. Nobody here is going to be able to put your mind to rest.

Good luck!

Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 PM

389 posts, read 1,982,052 times
fine then. i guess i will be the one doing the ignore of the posts that for me are uncalled for. my main purpose is maybe someone will give me idea on what the best insurance to take. i dont believe in insurance thats why i dont have it. i think insurance is the biggest scam ever. i know i should go to the doctor but i was disillusioned by what the doctor told me 8-10 yrs ago.

and i am scared to hear the diagnosis in fact. it would be like a death sentence. i honestly im scared and confused and posters who tend to say i want attention makes me regret that i posted my situation.

and i dont need sympathy from strangers.. i dont even want sympathy from my own family.

if the uncalled for comments does not stop i will request for this thread to be closed even deleted.

i dont wanna deal with nonsense posts. spare me.

but i wanna thank the "few" who give REAL advice and not unsolicited nonsensical ones.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:06 PM

713 posts, read 2,708,516 times
Sounds like it could be a hernia. I have one, right below my breasts, above my stomach, in the center.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:30 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,158,153 times
maybe it is a hernia...go to the doc! There are clinics out there for no insurance/low income people Or go to the emergency room like a lot of them opt to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness