Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 PM

389 posts, read 1,986,246 times

Advertisements

can someone tell me what exactly is that part? i know it is cancer. as my mom died of ovarian cancer. i know when did it start too.. i believe late 90s or early 2000...

one night i felt this searing pain from that very same area... and since my mom has just been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer that time.... i have a hunch. i also felt a reallly less than pea sized lump on that area that night.

i immediately took myself to the the very same doctor that diagnosed my mom the next day... since it is verrry small she told me she can not feel it. i even let my sister... a doctor student and now a doctor here in the US.. feel it.. they both said they cant.. feel it. BUT I CAN.

ANYWAY... What my mom's doctor told me after the checkup is what I CAN NOT FORGET... she told me.. LET IT GROW(in my mind, i was like WTF... i know the cure for cancer is EARLY DETECTION..and you are telling me to let it spread...? like freaking LITERALLY?).

then and there.... i lost my instinct to go to the doctor for CURE.

because 8-10 years after she told me that.. lo and behold... it is now walnut to golf size big..

if anyone can tell me a free cancer hospital do tell me now.. i dont have insurance.. i have some money though. i live in IL.

funny how i did not get dramatic... i just told/ask God.. to make it easy on me.. pls.. don't make me suffer... i have pains at night but very minimal... i think my days are numbered... aside from minimal pains at night and the lump in the area... thank you Lord... i feel normal, i eat normal.. living normal just.. i know... this lump is pretty serious.

i guess it is true that God.. will not give you what u can not bear.

any info/suggestions on what am i supposed to do.. i have no insurance.. where can i find an affordable one.

or maybe suggestions on what to do if you are in my place... no insurance but have some money in the bank..one and only asset is a MINI car.. i can always sell that... and i honestly dont think i will spend it in the hospital... i prefer to experience life ... like i am dying(which i believe that i am)..

again.. i honestly dont know how i can be so casual about it. i thank God for that.. well everybody dies anyway... this is not how i picture myself dying.. i actually for some odd reason i picture myself dying in the car crash... i suppose this is better i guess.. i have the time to think what to do on my remaining days.. like i said.. i feel really normal except for this lump that has gotten bigger over the years.

i also notice that i think it is better to leave it untouched.. it is always when you had it remove that u feel weak and you feel all the "normal" cancer patients feel and i will never EVER bear that. that's for sure.

Last edited by LBSer; 06-27-2008 at 06:57 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,265,553 times
That's not where your uterus is. That's where the main artery to the rest of your body is and if it's enlarged which is dangerous you should be able to feel it pulsing. Or it could be a growth at the top of your intestines. Or it could merely be a harmless cyst. You do realize that at the bottom of your rib cage right in the center just where you are describing there is a bone spur that sticks down from the ribs?

A physical examination by a doctor and maybe an xray would be the first place to start. If they suspect something they may want a CT scan or a colonoscopy, and don't do their dignosing for them. You can mention your mother's medical history is a concern to you which they will require anyway. It's not unusual to fear that you may get what a close relative has had, sometimes with good reason and sometimes it's worry. Go to another doctor if you didn't like that one.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
your post has me confused a bit. You saw a fdoctor who advised you to let it grow and you never had any test like an ultra-sound or anything done? Now it is golf ball sized and you think you're dying of cancer?
If all of the above is correct then I would firstly say-don't assume you're dying. That's pretty drastic.
Which side is the lump?
I would go to a doctor ASAP and I would assume they would do further testing.
A lump, I"m guessing, doesn't have to mean cancer.
I have a growth on my thyroid gland that is pretty large but is not cancer.
Good luck and try to be positive in your outlook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSer View Post
can someone tell me what exactly is that part? i know it is cancer. as my mom died of ovarian cancer. i know when did it start too.. i believe late 90s or early 2000...

one night i felt this searing pain from that very same area... and since my mom has just been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer that time.... i has a hunch. i also felt a reallly less than pea sized lump on that area that night.

i immediately took myself to the the very same doctor that diagnosed my mom the next day... since it is verrry small she told me she can not feel it. i even let my sister... a doctor student and now a doctor here in the US.. feel it.. they both said they cant.. feel it. BUT I CAN.

ANYWAY... What my mom's doctor told me after the checkup is what I CAN NOT FORGET... she told me.. LET IT GROW(in my mind, i was like WTF... i know the cure for cancer is EARLY DETECTION..and you are telling me to let it spread...? like freaking LITERALLY?).

then and there.... i lost my insticnt to go to the doctor for CURE.

because 8-10 years after she told me that.. lo and behold... it is now walnut to golf size big..

if anyone can tell me a free cancer hospital do tell me now.. i dont have insurance.. i have some money though.
i live in IL.

funny how i did not get dramatic... i just told/ask God.. to make it easy on me.. pls.. don't make me suffer... i have pains at night but very minimal... i think my days are numbered... aside from minimal pains at night and the lump in the area... thank you Lord... i feel normal, i eat normal.. living normal just.. i know... this lump is pretty serious.

i guess it is true that God.. will not give you what u can not bear.

any info/suggestions on what am i supposed to do.. i have no insurance.. where can i find an affordable one.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 PM

thanks guys: yes i am trying to be positive. like i said.. i feel really normal except for this growing lump. and i know of course it is not my uterus. but you are right on spot.. it is on the rib cage part. thanks. i was googling this morning on anatomy descriptions and the best match i can find is esophagus.. but rib cage part is more like it.

i guess i am just lucky to have accepted the fact that we all die. i just hope i will be ready. that is all. thanks for your inputs. i need that.

and about the ultra sound.. yes. i was also confused that she did not make me have an ultra sound. i only came there once. but my impression is.. once i come back to that good for nothing doctor with an enlarge lump.. thats when she will order an ultra sound test...

Old 06-27-2008, 07:12 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,211 times
Could it be your sternum? Anyway, stop coming to a forum for medical advice. Go to a doctor for stuff like this.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 PM

i did. immediately. the day after i felt the pain and pea sized lump remember? of course needless to say i was MORE THAN disappointed with what the doctor told me. i honestly will never forget that she ACTUALLY told me to let it grow. i was really shocked. i would like to go the hospital of course. the problem is how am i gonna pay it? and more importantly.. is if they acknowledge what i presume it to be(cancer). maybe that's when i won't talk about it this casual. and definitely no more going to forums.

i look up the sternum.. definitely not that.. sternum is located between the breast mine is below at least an inch.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:25 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,731,211 times
You have no medical school training. Do not self diagnose. Go get a second opinion.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 PM

467 posts, read 1,890,551 times
Are you sure it isn't your xiphoid process? It's a cartilagenous protuberance right below the sternum that feels like a large semi-flexible lump when pressed upon.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,691 times
This is just silly.

LBSer, no offense but did you post this thread just to get attention? If you actually are for real go to a new doctor and tell them your concerns and get a check-up. Period.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:19 AM

i_am_hydrogen: im sorry? try that in lay man's term. and hey you are from chicago. i would have been living there now if i didn't choose to buy my dream car instead. since i am sure im dying pretty soon.. and have some savings... i had 2 choices to do regarding my dream in life while i can still appreciate it: live in a city.. OR drive my dream car.

tao: i agree it is silly. i also wish and pray to God it REALLY is not true. but i know what i feel. and stupid as it seems i know what this lump is. did u NOT read what i said? i have no insurance. i am also afraid that they will verify my hunch. i would rather be living with ignorance of what this lump is while i still feel okay anyway.

im no doctor. but this is MY body. My intuition. MY dilemma. if i wanna talk about it in a forum. NO one can tell me otherwise.

Moderator cut: I can tell you otherwise. Dont post on here being rude to the other posters, or calling names

Last edited by Suzet2262; 06-28-2008 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: being rude, name calling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.