Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

I had this happen to me about 2 years ago. For months I was waking up with little red dots on various places of my body. They itched but never really came to a head. I thought I had bed bugs/chiggars too and cleaned as best I could, etc. One "bite" on my arm appeared to get infected at one point so I went to the doctor. She did a culture and it turned out that I had a staph infection (not the mrsa stuff, just basic staph that exists in the body). It might be a stretch, but possibly something to think about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 77,935 times
Help! I can feel tiny bites all over my body. I can't seen anything. After the bite, they don't itch or welt up. just sharp pains like being poked with a tiny pin. It happens at all times of the day....while sitting on my sofa, as well as in bed. I've sprayed for fleas, and that did nothing. I don't think it's bed bugs.....I sleep thru the night, and don't have the welts associated with them. I had a friend over the other night, and she was getting bit also. How do I get rid of these??? I've washed my bedding, vaccuumed....nothing works. As a side note...I had a exterminator come treat for spiders and pill bugs on Monday, and this started that evening. Could he have upset a nest of something?

Old 07-31-2010, 08:40 AM

7,127 posts, read 12,667,756 times
I wonder if your bites might be from the tiny 'no-see-um's'? Sometimes called midges?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
There are lots of different kinds of mites, and some people are particularly sensitive to them. My wife, for example.

Once she got them on her legs, right after walking in tall grass with bare legs. A doctor said they were Wheat Mites. Another time, she stuck her hand down into the side of an old sofa, and found a piece of paper, and pulled the paper out to look at it, and after a few seconds, threw it down and said something was biting her, but there was nothing visible on the paper. She had the itchies on her hands and arms for days. Something like this happens to her every couple of years or so. She has tried a few ointments on them, but nothing is very effectrive, but they do go away after a few days.

Something about her attracts arthropods. We can to walking together in the tall grass, and she'll have dozens of ticks on her, and I won't have a single one. Going through Missouri (which is tick heaven) she can get ticks on her driving 70 on the Interstate with the AC on.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:18 PM

2 posts, read 77,935 times
Thanks for the responses. An update to my delima...I had read that someone had experienced the same thing and started taking Benedryl...so I thought why not. And amazingly over next week or so, the bites were less and less. Every once in awhile, I will still feel a little bite, but not nearly to the extent that it was happening, thank goodness!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:17 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
It sounds more like you've been experiencing an allergic reaction to the pesticide your exterminator used. The benadryl would -definitely- help with a mild allergic reaction like what you describe, plus the chemicals of the pesticide would no longer cause the reaction after a week or so.

Keep that in mind next time you need an exterminator, or even if you use store-bought bug sprays. Have some benadryl handy and see if you get a reaction again, then.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 38,761 times
I have had these bites since mid-August. My husband has not been getting bitten but my children have. They started on my ankles and now are spread out over my back, stomache, and a few on the rest of my body. I get about 2 or 3 a day. We have been treated for scabies, we have been to 3 Drs., We took our pets to Cornell Vet school to be tested for mites. I have an appt with
Dermatology tomorrow and I can't wait to find out what it is. Unfortunalely, the Drs in our area are worthless when they don't know what it is. They don't care if they ever find the answer as long as they get paid. Ive been taking benadryl to sleep at night since this all started in August.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
Another problem that you might want to think about if you live where there are woods or thick srubbery. Deer Ticks. They are sooooo tiny that they are almost invisible until they suck up some blood, then they drop off. You can bring them into the house on your clothes and not even know about them.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Also might be noseeums.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 38,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzvargas View Post
I have a similar situation but when i sit on my computer under the desk something keeps bittng me noone else and if i rest my feet out the bed they bite me cant see what it is i have try to see if i can see them noway its like needles but no bumps or anything pls some one help any remedies
OMG me too!!! I have my own pc, but anytime I sit at my brother's wooden computer desk, and naturally my legs are underneath, it feels like something is biting me, within 1 minute of sitting down! It feels like someone just pricked me with a needle. Its crazy, and no one else seems to feel anything but me. That's when my legs were completely bare, but the times when I had on jeans, even then eventually I'd feel some pinch on my leg. What the heck is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness