Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 8,010 times

Advertisements

Greetings all

I have just come home from my specalist, and to her surprise I have two slipped discs in the thoracic curve 8 and 9 on my spine. I have been told this is a first for her to see this so I now have to play a waiting game to get passed on to someone who can help me.

I am only 24 and have been living with this pain for over a year, has anyone else every had this type of slipped disc and what methods they used to help them get by in everyday life?

Sitting around waiting is not something im good at, I had to diagnose myself because they wouldn't put me through into a MRI or Xray. So any information I can get will be most helpfull thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,224,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smouter View Post
Greetings all

I have just come home from my specalist, and to her surprise I have two slipped discs in the thoracic curve 8 and 9 on my spine. I have been told this is a first for her to see this so I now have to play a waiting game to get passed on to someone who can help me.

I am only 24 and have been living with this pain for over a year, has anyone else every had this type of slipped disc and what methods they used to help them get by in everyday life?

Sitting around waiting is not something im good at, I had to diagnose myself because they wouldn't put me through into a MRI or Xray. So any information I can get will be most helpfull thanks.
Just curious, how were you diagnosed with "slipped discs" without an MRI?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 8,010 times
Sorry I just re-read my post and it did seem misleading, what I ment to say was I had to ask for a MRI and X-ray because they didnt know what was wrong with me

Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,443,214 times
If your Dr. will not do the test to find out go to another Dr. even a doc in the box can order the tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness