U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM

409 posts, read 2,686,415 times

Advertisements

At this time of year I get these spells of sudden clamminess, hair wet, kinda weak feeling and in 20 mins it will pass and I am fine. I was afraid it was my heart but have not one symptom of any sickness or any discomfort at all. I can be anxious at times, but that's not when this seems to happen. It just creeps up on me and it's scarey. I usually go lay down across the bed if I am at home under the fan and wait. It's not as severe at hot flashes, I take low dose hormone for that and it never happens in the winter. I am always indoors in a/c when it occurs and not out in the heat. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It scares me to death.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 PM

12,644 posts, read 19,344,090 times
I think you maybe should talk to a Dr. It could be your heart or something else. Maybe it is menopause symptom but a Dr could better help figure it out.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:08 PM

2,178 posts, read 9,101,018 times
Sounds like menopause to me or a side effect of the hormone's you are on. If you are on hormone's you must be menopausal and that is part of going through that. The hormone's could be making them a lot milder than you would have otherwise.

Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 PM

I went through the change years ago and went on Prempro which they took me off of about 4 years ago and onto a low dose. I had this happen a few years ago, only in summer, and have been checked and had EKG;s since then. Maybe it's just my nerves, I lost my little dog to cancer in April and my husband is now retired and making me nuts at home, so maybe I am responding to that. How will my doctor know?? I see her next Monday. Oh, and I have a redo mammo this Friday that I am upset about too, but like I said this happened years ago as well.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 AM

10,751 posts, read 33,651,423 times
I have this happen when I am anxious. If I am not taking my medication and I end up in Walmart or a place LIKE it, I will sweat so much my short hair will be completely wet.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:54 AM

8,062 posts, read 17,079,394 times
Probably hormones, but it's always a good idea to have your thyroid levels checked, too. An imbalance in the endocrine system can cause symptoms like that, as well, especially in women!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:12 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,109,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
At this time of year I get these spells of sudden clamminess, hair wet, kinda weak feeling and in 20 mins it will pass and I am fine. I was afraid it was my heart but have not one symptom of any sickness or any discomfort at all. I can be anxious at times, but that's not when this seems to happen. It just creeps up on me and it's scarey. I usually go lay down across the bed if I am at home under the fan and wait. It's not as severe at hot flashes, I take low dose hormone for that and it never happens in the winter. I am always indoors in a/c when it occurs and not out in the heat. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It scares me to death.
The differential diagnosis of non-temperature related diaphoresis (sweating) includes a long list of potential causes. Some of these include hypoglycemia, side effects of medications, anxiety, syncope, secondary hypermetabolism, etc. If these episodes "scare you to death", the only appropriate course is a thorough work-up and discussion with your physician. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:27 PM

I am an anxious person, take 1/2 xanax when I expect a problem, but sometimes it just happens for no apparent reason. My heart gets checked yearly along with blood work etc. My doc is very thorough so maybe it's just a combination of hormones and anxiety. My husband's making me crazy lately so maybe I just don't realize it has such an effect. Thanks for all the input.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM

10,751 posts, read 33,651,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
I am an anxious person, take 1/2 xanax when I expect a problem, but sometimes it just happens for no apparent reason. My heart gets checked yearly along with blood work etc. My doc is very thorough so maybe it's just a combination of hormones and anxiety. My husband's making me crazy lately so maybe I just don't realize it has such an effect. Thanks for all the input.
It used to happen to me everytime I went into a LOUD, crowded place like the mall or Walmart. I felt overwhelmed by the noise and felt the need to run but of course I had to do the grocery shopping.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:16 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,374,841 times
I would let your doctor investigate the issue. If you walk in telling your doctor you think it is anxiety you will walk out with anti-anxiety meds. Just write down as much as you can remember from each incident and take it to your appointment. Then ask lots of questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness