Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 04:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,603,237 times

Advertisements

I am having a tingling feeling in my hand. Any suggestions on what it could possibly be? I was thinking a pinched nerve?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:40 PM

11,375 posts, read 24,356,842 times
I have one too. Mine's a pinched nerve. Sometime it hurts like a mf. I was just going to search this forum for the exact same subject. Go to the Dr. and get some x-rays.

Don't let the chiropractor do you until you find out you're relatively okay.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Thanks....mine doesn`t hurt me yet, but its an annoying feeling, uncomfortable. I wonder what they can do for that, if anything.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 PM

259,023 posts, read 90,315,976 times
Investigate having a neurologist do a nerve test. That's how I found the pinched nerve in my back that even a MRI didn't show. It can't hurt to ask the advice of your general Dr. for his/her thoughts.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:17 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,873,116 times
This can originate anywhere from your spine to the brachial plexus (the group of nerves to the upper extremity that is in your neck/shoulder) to the nerve involved, itself. Your best bet would be see a neurologist, who'll be able to determine whether it's central (spinal cord/spine) or peripheral (the nerves after they leave the spinal cord).

Old 07-29-2008, 06:16 PM

11,375 posts, read 24,356,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
This can originate anywhere from your spine to the brachial plexus (the group of nerves to the upper extremity that is in your neck/shoulder) to the nerve involved, itself. Your best bet would be see a neurologist, who'll be able to determine whether it's central (spinal cord/spine) or peripheral (the nerves after they leave the spinal cord).
I'll have to ask my GP about neurologists. He's going to send me to physical therapy as soon as the pain dies down a little more.

Yep, it's been annoying, to say the least.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,010,954 times
Get a simple X-ray and it no doubt will show a compressed disk causing a pinched nerve in your upper spine near or in your neck I have full arm numbing and pain and tingling in my left arm and hand. I drop things when I think I'm holding something tight in my left hand only. I don't have insurance so I just smoke a lot of pot and live with it. (Legal pot of coarse, I live in one of those states). I have been warned that a problem such as this could affect your body functions such as heart rhythm and breathing. This problem may be more dangerous than similar conditions in the lower spine. But what the heck do I know I am not a doctor. Anyone with medical education please let me know if I am mistaken on my advise or assessment of this type of problem, My health is at risk from this condition also.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:36 AM

I need to...I just hate to go to the doctor anymore. It costs so much.. They run this test, run that test, send this to the lab, bla bla bla....

Thanks for your input.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:01 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,149,355 times
It could be anything from mild Corpal Tunnel to maybe bad circulation to the extremeties. Or maybe a pinched nerve. If I sleep on my back with my hands laying on my chest I get the tingling in my pinky and ring fingers. If I turn on my side or stomach it goes away. Corpal tunnel usualy starts out affecting the pinky and ring fingers. At least that is what I have been told by people who had it.
It would be best to let a doctor check you out. It might not amount to much or it could be the start of something that needs taken care of.
Better to find out and know how to treat it or find out it isn't really anything to worry about.
I also get the tingling if my hands get cold. I'm not talking about freezing cold, my finger tips tingle if they get just a little cold. I did have mild frostbite when I was a young kid. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I'm 61 years old and have been like that for many years. I don't have pain and my hands and fingers work like they should so I really don't worry about it. But if you are concerned you should get checked.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,193,074 times
Do you use your arms.hands.wrists alot for work?

Typing, coffeeshop, hairdresser etc?

Do strokes run in the family?

Is it constant or comes and goes?

It could be a number of things.
Any other symptoms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness