U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 PM

5 posts, read 35,915 times

Advertisements

I am seeking the best RSD doctor in the dfw metroplex. I am seeking someone that is skilled at procedures and is current on the lastest treatment for RSD and is compassionate for the pain and suffering caused by RSD-CRPS. I am also seeking on of the best physical therapist that has a lot of experience working with RSD-CRPS patients that can customize an individual program. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!e

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: moved = members requesting info from all over the US
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 16,804 times
Hi...I was just wondering if anyone replied to you? I have been recently diagnosed w/ RSD and live in the greater Pittsburgh area, after seeing around five doctors in the last five months, I am ready to see someone who actually knows a little bit about RSD and who can help me with my pain. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:06 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,420,874 times
Call some of the physical therapy offices in the area, ask them which doctors they might recommend based on the patients they've seen, you might see a trend if a certain doctors name comes up constantly.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,890 times
I would like to know what has worked for your treatment of RSD?? Please Help.. It has been 2 long years and I'm wearing down...I'm in therapy and it is SO PAINFUL.....

Old 03-07-2009, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 8,802 times
I live in kingsport tn. I had bunion surgery 16 months ago and I have had epidurals and pain meds therapy. The foot I had surgery on is a size 4 and my normal foot size before surgery was size 5. The surgeron that did the surgery told me I had rsd and that he has seen these cases after foot surgery. Why is this not written in consent forms? I am in the worst pain I have ever had. The doctors that I have been to knows nothing about rsd or they are lying. Please leave your feet alone. I wish that I had never had this done. If i had known about this hell that I am going through, I would never had the surgery. The doctors dont care.

Is there anyone else out there that is going through a similar situation?

Last edited by liljudy; 03-07-2009 at 07:41 PM..

Old 04-18-2009, 01:25 AM

1 posts, read 8,519 times
Default West Coast CRPS Friend...

I do not have CRPS myself, but I am familiar with it. If travel is an option the Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) has a Comprehensive Pain Clinic with some good knowledge and help for those suffering from RSD/CRPS. It is a struggle for all involved (even the doctors) because so little is known about it, and every persons nervous system is different and presents unique puzzles. Your average doctor is will either know nothing about RSD/CRPS, or at best they may know your symptoms could be RSD/CRPS. AVERAGE time to diagnose is like 1-3 years. Even if you are diagnosed early and treated properly the progression of the condition may not be stopped.

Prednisone taken immediately after injury may stop progression. Sympatheic nerve blocks may stop progression early on in the beginning stages. After a while stopping it becomes a more difficult problem because the pain pathways become independent of the sympatheic nerves. The pain can also spread to other parts of the body that were not injured. Foot CRPS can lead to CRPS in a hand. It's sinister.

Ketamine therapy, such as that done in Philadelphia by Dr. Schwarzmann (sp?) has had success for some, but from what I understand, the relief from ketamine is temporary and pain usually returns after a period of time, it is also expensive and not covered by most medical insurance. Spinal cord stimulator installation is another option to interupt the pain signals on their way to the brain. It is not usually 100% effective (you will get a trial installation before a permanent implant) and though it's usually an outpatient procedure, I would say it is one of the more extreme outpatient procedures. It's not a walk in the park, and will require at least 2 months recovery.

That's about all I know. I think this is far more common than people think. Doctors should know more about it, especially the initial treatments that may stop it at the beginning.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:50 PM

82 posts, read 268,752 times
RSDSA :: support groups

The above is a link to the RSD Support Groups in Texas, that may be a good place to start. I don't have RSD but I do have chronic pain so I hope that you find someone great.

Bird Lover

Old 05-01-2009, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 8,458 times
Default please call me at RSDSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by striving1 View Post
I am seeking the best RSD doctor in the dfw metroplex. I am seeking someone that is skilled at procedures and is current on the lastest treatment for RSD and is compassionate for the pain and suffering caused by RSD-CRPS. I am also seeking on of the best physical therapist that has a lot of experience working with RSD-CRPS patients that can customize an individual program. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!e

Please call me at 877-662-7737
I'll gladly mail you our referral list & free info packet
Best of health, Jim Broatch
RSDSA
Executive Director
[URL="http://www.rsds.org"]www.rsds.org[/URL]

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM

1 posts, read 7,724 times
Default Just Diagnose with RSD, need help please!!!!

Hi, I hope every body is doing well

I was diagnose two months ago with RSD, I have had three shoulder surgeries (right one) and numerous MUA's. Just 6 days ago I started to have this horrible burning pain in my upper back, by the second day this started my entire back, neck, buttocks, arms and scalp were all affected by this horrible burning pain...I went to see my doctors, all of them, neurologist, anesthesilogist...etc. no one of them knows what I have...they all are puzzled by this and they want me to have an MRI, blood tests...etc. have any of you heard of anything like this before? it feels like I have been under the sun for a long time and I got the worst sunburn, with the exeption that I have not been near the sun....I'm so scare, I do not know what to think...even though I sleep very little due to the RSD, I'm sleeping even less because of this....is this something serious...it has been 6 days now and I still have this burning pain and numbnnes in my back...does anyone knows of a good RSD doctor in the Boca Raton area, none of my doctors seem to know much about it...please help...I would really appreciate any advice....thank you from the bottom of my heart and I wish everyone a pain free day...thank you in advance, Martha

Last edited by maluza; 08-12-2009 at 07:22 AM..

Old 08-31-2009, 08:48 AM

2 posts, read 16,804 times
Default cperry99

Dear Martha,

I hope by now, that you have received some help from your doctors.

I know exactly what you mean when you are talking about the burning sensations. It hurts so bad you don't even want clothes to touch you!!!! Right now, I am on two nerve medications and one opiod, besides others. The nerve medication helps with the burning sensations and the intense throbbing, shooting pains. The opiod tries to help with the pain. Nothing helps take away the pain. It's always there...everyday...allday....just varying degrees throughout the day. That's why I am on the search for a doctor who knows more about the RSD condition....which....I still have not found. Until then, I will continue on my medicine which makes my life tolerable. Try the nerve medications...they do help. Chrissie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness