U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 AM

2,793 posts, read 7,129,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
L-88, I am glad to hear you are doing so well on your statin but I thought I was doing great on them too for almost 6 years. Only when my memory got so bad that I had to all but quit driving and was just about non functional at work, I started to worry.. I did wonder all along what was going on with my body since I seemed to be getting all sorts of odd ailments, knee pain that started in my second week on them like someone had smashed me in them both at the same moment that just about crippled me. I had never had any knee problems in my whole life and it hit both knees at the same moment. I lived with that pain the whole time I was on them. Vertigo.. not good when you work on a boat! Acid reflux, it stole my energy in little snippets over the years I was on them until I had no life and was to tired to care. Peripheral neuropathy that included a real odd lumpy swelling in both feet that itched and burned to warn me that it was fixing to spread and these soft lumpy swellings we on both feet in the same places and hurt! Urgent Urinary frequency, Dry eyes, Glaucoma, forgot words, then couldn't say them when I did remember them, Hand writting became chicken scratch, Palpitation: Rapid heartbeats that I could feel, Chest pain and a feeling of suffocation, I would wake up at nigh gasping for breath and it has NOT happened since I quit them and such a squeezing feeling around my chest that I would have to take my bra off. I gained 40 pounds that I have now lost and am back to my normal weight again. Had NO labito at all! Those are some and a majority of the problems went away as soon as I got off the drug. I went from taking 0 medications to a bag full, now back to only medication for tendonitie (Aleve) and low dose asprin.

When I stopped them I had a "honeymoon" period where everyone was amazed at the change of me, co workers kept asking me what I was "on", I was full of energy after years of not having any so it was really noticable.. That lasted about 6 months, then the onslot started. There was not a joint in my body that did not suffer excruciating pain, it attacked one joint after another. It lands in my Achilles tendon now and then still, and almost throws me down when it happens. I never knew what joint would be effected when I woke up in the morning until it landed in my right shoulder where it has been for over a year. Overnight I had tendonitis, bursitis and a bone spur in that shoulder that nothing has helped. I have accepted there are now things I can no longer do with that shoulder. My testosterone levels have been messed up which is causing me some problems that are going to be life long and there is no cure for. Still, all in all, I am far better now than I was when I was on them but I will have life long problems that the drug caused me.

I am no fake, it happened to me! Believe me, I wished it hadn't and there are people out there who have suffered worse than I have. I am helping a man in Atlanta, Georgia that has been having amnesia episodes where he is actually loosing time and not aware of what he has done or where he has been. I know this man and he is no flake either, actually a very smart, well educated person. He has had other problems on it also, not sure what but I will find out when I am in Atlanta next week end.

Note: I tell my kids I may drop dead of a heart attack tomorrow (don't believe I will) but at least I had a life till the end and can remamber their names.
Sounds like where I have been,now several years ago,been thru them all,even Zetia which they say is gut but still affects liver.My first experience was Lipitor and was unaware of side affects.I got to a point I as almost ready for wheelchair,had MRI,was ready to go to orthepedist and when I stopped lipitor after several months,all ok,almost like a light switch.Kind of funny but my wife at same time got to point of having to lift legs to get in and out of car,extreme pain in hips,almost not able to walk.Now 5 years later doctor still trying to push statins,never again.The reason I got on to lipitor as trouble was a news report about side effects.Up to that point no doctor pointed finger at statin.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 11:50 PM

14 posts, read 27,060 times
Default High cholesterol

Really for high cholesterol there are some very simple things people start to neglect, use common sense. We have had many people use this method for high cholesterol and they all have successfully lowered theirs....exercise for gods sake, eat sensible (NO fast food), grassfed beef, if you want a little more high tech a infared saunas work tremendiously!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:22 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,527,595 times
Red Yeast rice and COQ10 work. A quality omega 3 fish oil.

exercise, exercise, and exercise

Diets high in carbohydrates seem to rasise triglycerides (so cut them out of the diet) and food with cholesterol has very little impact on blood cholesterol despite the nonsense that is spread around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness