Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM

242 posts, read 355,573 times

Advertisements

I've noticed with my last few gals, I've not been able to get as "hard" as I used to get. Back in the day I was as stiff as a "2-by-4". Not so much anymore.

I was in bed Wednseday around 6:00pm with a NAKED gal and all I could think about was, a excuse so I could avoid having sex.

Prior to her, I was with a gal, we had sex, but I was nowhere near as my "2-by-4" days.

Is it possible to have erectile dysfunction at my age? I'm not embarrasssed, I just want to ensure that I'm not feeling something that's unusual.

Thanks for you help,
Johnny "Noodle" Danes.

Last edited by Johnny Danes; 01-19-2013 at 07:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times
If it is indeed ED you should have a cardiovascular workup. There are studies that suggest that ED can be a warning sign of ischemic heart disease. Take care of yourself and good luck.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM

242 posts, read 355,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
If it is indeed ED you should have a cardiovascular workup. There are studies that suggest that ED can be a warning sign of ischemic heart disease. Take care of yourself and good luck.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAR from out of shape. Blood levels are all good for my age. All blood work over the last year has returned "Healthy Man" for my age. Very active.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
If the cause is physical, be aware that a number of ED related conditions would not be discovered by blood testing. For example, the ischemic heart disease already mentioned, or multiple sclerosis.

If the cause is psychological, that would need to be explored in a completely different manner. And sexual desire may change over time.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
FAAAAAAAAAAAAR from out of shape. Blood levels are all good for my age. All blood work over the last year has returned "Healthy Man" for my age. Very active.
This is no time to play "He-man" with your concern. Get thee to a doctor to find the cause before your concern takes a turn for the worse.

What you have now is a mere warning sign of things to come......

Best of luck, mate.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM

141 posts, read 234,731 times
Why on earth would you come to City Data of all places to ask this question. I have no issue with your question but the poeople on this forum are not that smart.

My advice: see your doctor.

Don't listen to any advice from these people. They only play doctors on forums.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
I've noticed with my last few gals, I've not been able to get as "hard" as I used to get. Back in the day I was as stiff as a "2-by-4". Not so much anymore.

I was in bed Wednseday around 6:00pm with a NAKED gal and all I could think about was, a excuse so I could avoid having sex.

Prior to her, I was with a gal, we had sex, but I was nowhere near as my "2-by-4" days.

Is it possible to have erectile dysfunction at my age? I'm not embarrasssed, I just want to ensure that I'm not feeling something that's unusual.

Thanks for you help,
Johnny "Noodle" Danes.

Last edited by R.J. Kencade; 01-19-2013 at 09:42 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,787,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. Kencade View Post
Why on earth would you come to City Data of all places to ask this question. I have no issue with your question but the poeople on this forum are not that smart.

My advice: see your doctor.
Most men don't make it to a doctor without the advice of their wives. Hence that is one reason why women out live men.

But you should get to a doctor for an annual check up. When a person gets near forty, it's time to REALLY start taking care of yourself. Not for vanity reasons but sanity reasons.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:27 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Probably low testosterone count and you need a doctor to test for it. It's not unusual for a person of your age or younger to have this problem.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times
While you're at the doctor talking to him about your limp willy, ask him to do a STD screen....the way you're flopping it around you should be more concerned about catching a diease.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:12 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Are you a heavy smoker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness