Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 PM

18 posts, read 55,132 times

Advertisements

I started Yaz on the third day of my period almost two weeks ago as advised by my doctor. I have not taken birth control pills in several years as they have a very bad effect on me - all of them. With Yaz I vomited everyday with severe stomach pain, had severe headaches, I wanted to kill everyone, I was constipated, etc, etc... It was so bad that I abruptly stopped the pill one week after taking. I did a lot of research and found many other women who had the same problem with it. Here's the deal:

My period will not stop now. It is on day 13 now. It is not spotting. It is a full blown period. I am scared that I have totally screwed my system up and will have a peroid for a year or something terrible like that. I cannot take the pill - I am too sensitive and don't think I can handle going on a pill to fix this. Yes, I will call my doctor tomorrow. My question is has anyone experienced this or can anyone tell me if my period will naturally regulate itself again over time and how much time? I have felt awful even since going off but not nearly as badly as I did on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:03 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,524,022 times
Wow...you must be super sensitive. I am on YAZ and I love this pill...I would think your period would regulate itself soon...but of course, call your doctor. 13 days is a little long for a full blown period... I don't think you screwed up your system though...

Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,417,855 times
It sounds like what happened with me when I didn't take a break from the pill between months. I had an event and didn't want to deal with my period, but kept messing up and forgetting days, then doubling up. Basically, I got all out of whack and had a super long period. Yes, two weeks of insanity. I freaked and went to the doctor. So, I'm sure something like that is what is happening to you and you'll be just fine. Hopefully, your doctor can put your fears to rest tomorrow.

I hope you get the BC figured out soon. There are so many more options today, so hopefully one of them will work out for you.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:39 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,625,645 times
Honey you need to get yourself to a gyno immediately. Drop whatever else you're doing and go now, this is serious-- you probably already have pretty bad blood loss and iron deficiency.

That's about all I think any of us can tell you. Please keep us updated so that we know you're OK. Personally I've never had any problems with the pill, but I've also never been on Yaz.

You might want to just stick with the IUD next time. It's absolutely amazing, needs no regular timing, no mess, no fuss... It's just there, 99.99% effective and you can even get it without hormones

Old 08-28-2008, 06:52 AM

6,611 posts, read 13,451,279 times
It will take a little while for your hormones to level out. While it seems like a lot of blood, it should be ok. You can give a pint to the Red Cross and be fine. You won't lose nearly that much with even an extended regular flow period. Do call the doctor and ask if there's something you can do but in the mean time, stay calm.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,541,293 times
I had similar problems with BC. My doctor told me how great Seasonique was - you only get a period once every three months - and my sister took it and loved it. Sounded great to me! Unfortunatly, after taking it for three days, I started bleeding like crazy. My doc said it should stop after a couple of week. I took the pill for six more weeks and it was terrible. I ended up bleeding non stop for 8 total weeks! (It did however take me about two weeks to stop bleeding after stoping Seasonique.) Since then, I switched to Loestrin and haven't had a bit of trouble with break through bleeding. With Loestrin, you only have a light, three day period every month and it's never on the weekends!

Birth control affects everyone differently. I hope you'll able to find something that works for you.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,164,151 times
I never took it but I have read/heard stories like this quite a bit.

If you eat beef, have some. It will make you feel a lot better.
If you get pale/flushed or dizzy go to the ER.

Reading things like this is one of the many reasons why I never took the stuff.
I really just dont think its good for you at all. Even if you are not getting sick from it to an extreme degree.

Old 08-28-2008, 02:56 PM

18 posts, read 55,132 times
Default Thank you

I appreciate everyone's input... I will post anything that my gyno tells me that will help in case anyone else has an issue like mine. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness