Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times

Advertisements

Thanks 2girls, it's actually stopped *touch wood*, so I will keep your suggestion in mind. I'm glad it helped, drives you nuts after a while!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
My mother had this years ago and it ended up being a thyroid problem. She could hear her heart beating in her ears. I don't know what your problem is, but just thought I would mention that since it happened to her.
This is what I have. It only happens when my heart rate goes up. Like when I mow the lawn and get out of breat with anything I am doing. I have no idea what this is either. I do know I had fluid removed from my left eardrum years ago and had a tube put in. When I had a clogged ear two years ago I went to the ear doc and she vacuumed my ear and said...Oh a tube came out....u had a tube in their. The throbbing started after that.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:03 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,780 times
Ok Blondie, there's your problem right there...don't mow the lawn!
I saw an ad here for a thing called 'audioclean' ...or somesuch. It uses sound waves to clean out the ears...I was going to get that if the throbbing kept up. Thankfully it's still staying away. Weird, but I'm grateful.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:35 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
I don't know your age, but when a person is cutting wisdom teeth...they can have similar symptoms. It can also come and go.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 AM

1 posts, read 84,384 times
hi i have this same problem in my right ear im very fed up an tired stopping me sleeping,just want it to go away. im 16 weeks pregnant dont no if this has any thing to do with it any one no ?

Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 84,333 times
I just had to register and mention that I'm having this same problem.

In about two weeks I'll have insurance and I'll check on what it is with my doctor.

I am 23 years old, female, no thyroid problems (i am overweight though).... Low BP - always good BP.... my doc gave me ear drops for an ear infection awhile ago but they dont seem to be helping this particular problem.

I stress again that this DOES NOT HURT!! It just is annoying and pulsing in my ear while I'm trying to sleep!!!! It's almost 7am now and I STILL can't sleep!!!! It feels like there's something in there, but it doesn't hurt..... and all i can hear is my heartbeat... and it feels like it's pulsing inside my ear!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,931 times
I have this same thing going right now, too! One thing that eases it a bit is to put some mineral oil in there. I almost wonder if there is some impacted wax (my children have always had the pediatrician digging in their ears for wax). I also have low B.P., so I don't think it is that. If anyone finds a good answer, I'm curious to know. This is something that comes and goes with me.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 PM

1 posts, read 84,198 times
Oh my goodness! I have the same thing...And guess what... It took me FIFTEEN years to get it diagnosed!!!! go online and google VASCULAR TINNITUS. It is caused by a disturbance in the bloodflow in your brain. There is a teeny tiny bone that connects to your ear. and in my case the disturbance in my blood flow is over this bone, therfore, I hear every stinking squish and crackle of my blood flow. I found out in February that I have a brain tumor and this for me is whats causing the vascular tinnitus. I have been to 5 different neurosurgeons and they all looked at me like I was crazy!! Very fustrating. I got to the pont so many nights where I wanted to RIP MY EAR OFF! I used to stick Q-tips in my ear thinking that it would do something for me and my ears would bleed because I would dig so hard and nothing would relieve it. It also comes and goes as it pleases. I dont know what brings it on and I dont know what will make it go away. There are a couple of different vitamines that you can take, I know of B12, Niacin, and Ginko Biloba. But you really have to do your research and make sure that these wont effect you in any other ways. I finally went into my ent and had to show him and article that I printed off on the internet about vascular tinnitus. I guess its really rare and only like 3% of tinnitus sufferers have this type. It is no where related to the regular tinnitus as this is a noise and a feeling and not just a noise. Do some research and see where this takes you. Good luck and God Bless! I hope you get it figured out easier then I did.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 83,730 times
I've also a had a pulse in my left ear for a couple days too, but I'm also just getting over a sinus/head cold, I did have a little pain in the ear last night, so I guess the cold caused fluid in my ear?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:12 PM

2 posts, read 84,183 times
i have had this thobing in ears for years. i have been having worst lately. my ear doctor years ago said fluid in air tubes in ears. how to get to stop (at lease for a while) is = 1- hold nose shut 2- blow like blowing nose. 3-this will clean out air tubes of fluid temperary. try this works
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness