Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Both HPV and genital warts are STDs. The more sexual partners you have, the higher your risk of getting either one..not to mention all the other nasty STDs out there.
That is somewhat untrue. Chances are pretty good you can get it even with one to two partners. So pretty much the majority of people have been exposed, just never tested.

I will hold out judgment against the vaccine until I see some long term results...

Last edited by miyu; 07-07-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 07-07-2011, 07:11 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
That is somewhat untrue. Chances are pretty good you can get it even with one to two partners. So pretty much the majority of people have been exposed, just never tested.

I will hold out judgment against the vaccine until I see some long term results...
She said the more partners you have had, the higher the risk. That doesn't mean the risk is low with 1-2 partners. It means..

Whatever risk there is, with 1-2 partners, goes up, with 3-more partners. So like, if the risk is 50% with 1-2 partners, maybe the risk is now 57% with 3 partners. And 74% with 4 partners. And so on, and so forth.

Because each of those people you are with, comes with their own risk factor, depending on how many people THEY have been with. If you're with a virgin, then the chances of contracting HPV from him is pretty low. Negligible.

However, if YOU have been with 5 people, and then you're with that virgin, then the virgin now has the risk of having been with 6 people, including you.

Multiply that by 5 people if that virgin (no longer a virgin) decides to have sex with 4 more people, and each of them comes with their own risk based on how many people each of THEM has been with...

and the risk increases exponentially.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
She said the more partners you have had, the higher the risk. That doesn't mean the risk is low with 1-2 partners. It means..

Whatever risk there is, with 1-2 partners, goes up, with 3-more partners. So like, if the risk is 50% with 1-2 partners, maybe the risk is now 57% with 3 partners. And 74% with 4 partners. And so on, and so forth.

Because each of those people you are with, comes with their own risk factor, depending on how many people THEY have been with. If you're with a virgin, then the chances of contracting HPV from him is pretty low. Negligible.

However, if YOU have been with 5 people, and then you're with that virgin, then the virgin now has the risk of having been with 6 people, including you.

Multiply that by 5 people if that virgin (no longer a virgin) decides to have sex with 4 more people, and each of them comes with their own risk based on how many people each of THEM has been with...

And a study to support you:

Lifetime number of partners as the only independent risk factor for human papillomavirus infection: a population-based study

"Women who had six or more sexual partners were 7.45 times more likely to be HPV positive than women who had one sexual partner."

Old 07-08-2011, 02:37 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

That's exactly what I meant...thank you.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,263 times
I am sorry to hear about your daughters. My daughter also had similar symptoms although not related to gardasil. She went through numerous ineffective DETOX treatments that were very expensive. None of the doctors could give me a straight answer, or they said things like she had fibromyalgia. I wasted a lot of time and money on all these silly treatmentd (especially the DETOX)

In the end she finally got better when I started taking her to a therapist. I don't know if the therapist really did anything, or whether it was coincidental, but all I know is I am happy to have my daughter back.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,231 times
Are you still having issues with your daughters health.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
I am posting this in hopes that anyone can offer some helpful advice or doctor recommendations. About 3 weeks ago my best friend began to suffer the awful side effects of the Gardasil vaccination. Her symptoms are getting worse every day and I am seeking any information that could be helpful to her recovery. Doctors are saying they 'hope' she will get better but there are no guarantees. If anyone knows of a good doctor in Texas (she lives in Beaumont -2 hrs from Houston) or any helpful advice, please let me know. Any information is appreciated.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
How old is she and how long ago did she have the vaccine? Also, which "awful side effects" are you referring to and how are they getting worse every day?

Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 2,112 times
I am 23 I am having a reaction as well swollen joints fluid on my joints Lump on my groin weakness and very tired I yet to figure out what to do

Old 05-22-2012, 01:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfinn8 View Post
I am sorry to hear about your daughters. My daughter also had similar symptoms although not related to gardasil. She went through numerous ineffective DETOX treatments that were very expensive. None of the doctors could give me a straight answer, or they said things like she had fibromyalgia. I wasted a lot of time and money on all these silly treatmentd (especially the DETOX)

In the end she finally got better when I started taking her to a therapist. I don't know if the therapist really did anything, or whether it was coincidental, but all I know is I am happy to have my daughter back.
What kind of therapist??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness