Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:06 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times

Advertisements

You have truly confirmed me in my decision to not have my daughters vaxed and I will not give in to the pressure after reading your stories. My heart goes out to your families and I will put you in my prayers. Thanks for the warning.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:15 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,896,159 times
My daughter finished her 3rd shot today. I even consulted with my own gyn before this last one. She believes I should continue with it. Note she has nothing financial to gain by doing this. We discussed the side effects at length...small risk (8 cases of Giullian Barre) against possibility of cervical cancer. My family is at risk for cancer (me, my mother, aunts, uncles, etc.). Knowing that, I would have to protect my children.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:23 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
In my opinion the doctors are going to cover their arses and those of their pals. I would look for a doctor who is an independent and not beholding to a hospital for salary and office staff fof help.

As to the headaches I had migranes for fifty years. I finally got onto a combination of Miracle Ice for thense shoulder and neck muscles and a so hot as to burn compress on the face and nose. Tylenol helps. Nasal AYR is the best for sinuses. Horseradish helps to loosen the impacted sinuses. Most people aren't brave ehough to eat it plain out of the bottle.

It sounds like our baby girls have been guinea pigs and someone need to staft a Class Action suit to help them. I know of one lawyer in Illinois who might take on this case because he fights medical stuff all the time. And he's good. And there is one in sunny Ca that might take it on tool he's bee successful with Class Action suits all oveer the US. All you need is one resident in the states where he practices to get it going. These lawyers work for free. The companies pay their hefty bills when they lose.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
It sounds like our baby girls have been guinea pigs and someone need to staft a Class Action suit to help them. I know of one lawyer in Illinois who might take on this case because he fights medical stuff all the time. And he's good. And there is one in sunny Ca that might take it on tool he's bee successful with Class Action suits all oveer the US. All you need is one resident in the states where he practices to get it going. These lawyers work for free. The companies pay their hefty bills when they lose.
Oh GREAT! It's all these lawyers looking to sue big pharma that's raising the cost of healthcare! Let's not even wonder why! Sue here, sue there, sue everywhere! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,982,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Oh GREAT! It's all these lawyers looking to sue big pharma that's raising the cost of healthcare! Let's not even wonder why! Sue here, sue there, sue everywhere! Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Unfortunately, when the almighty dollar is the bottom line, you need to hit the pharma companies where it hurts. If someone's child is injured by a vaccine, why would they not want to sue? Should they just keep quiet and think "oh well, you win some, you lose some"??

Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post

Unfortunately, when the almighty dollar is the bottom line, you need to hit the pharma companies where it hurts. If someone's child is injured by a vaccine, why would they not want to sue? Should they just keep quiet and think "oh well, you win some, you lose some"??
No, but this poster appears to be advocating for lawsuits. Whenever a new drug is launched, or for that matter any drug, there is an implicit risk to taking it. One makes a judgment on what information is available at the moment. I am not a big fan of pharma as I think they contribute to the out of control healthcare cost, but there is a point where people need to assess their own tolerance for risk and make a judgment call. If they are found to have been deliberate in misleading consumers, then I say, yes, sue the bejesus out of them. When they have to take such a risk, they either impute that in the cost or shy away from trying to research and launch new drugs. That's why there are orphan drugs out there. There's a point where they should not have to be disincented toward trying to find cures for cancer, for autism, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, etc. As a cancer survivor, I will seriously assess any new treatment to prevent it, for myself and my family. I will think about suing someone later, and making damn sure there was intent to deceive before I do.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:14 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Some reading for those interested-
Gardasil on Wiki - scroll down, to where it says Safety - it mentions Guillain-Barr Syndrome - an acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP), an autoimmune disease affecting the peripheral nervous system, usually triggered by an acute infectious process.

article - Serious Questions About HPV Vaccine - July 7, 2008

CDC Gardasil reports

Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Some reading for those interested-
Gardasil on Wiki - scroll down, to where it says Safety - it mentions Guillain-Barr Syndrome - an acute inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (AIDP), an autoimmune disease affecting the peripheral nervous system, usually triggered by an acute infectious process.

article - Serious Questions About HPV Vaccine - July 7, 2008

CDC Gardasil reports
I've seen statistics where 1 in 13 suffer from an auto-immune disease and 1 out of 2 suffer from chronic disease....since the majority of the population has had vaccinations...you gotta wonder if that's where the problem lies.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Hi ya'll,

My 17 year old daughter got the Gardasil vaccine the end of May.Since then she has had nothing but problems, including being in the ICU for a couple of days because of pericarditis.She also has excruciating head aches,fatigue,shortness of breath, chest pain,stomach pains,loss of appetite and so on and so on. The doctors now think it's effecting her auto immune system.( Two of her pediatricians agree it was the shot) This was a girl that was running about 10 miles a day before the shot and now can't walk upstairs without resting. At any rate, we are waiting on an appointment to see the Rheumatologist and have just started seeing a naturopath. The problem is that this shot and it's effects are so new no one really knows what to do with her,and the Docors sort of just try to treat what they think is going on. I'm at a loss, she has gotten very weak and hasn't been to school in two weeks now. I have adjusted her diet, and am limiting red meat and fat, and trying to feed her mostly fruits/ vegetables and lean meat. I've thought about contacting teaching hospitals, both those that teach conventional and alternative methods. I just thought I would see if anyone out there has any other ideas. She's just getting worse and worse and I need help.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest. I would take her to Canada if that would make her better,so we are open to almost anything.

This is a great website to mark in your favorites. I found this article about Gardasil.
8 More Deaths Caused by Gardasil Bringing Total Number to 11

I would look into high doses of Vitamin C to help boost her immunity system. Don't use a synthetic Vitamin C...you want a "whole food supplement" as it absorbs better. They also make a liquid vitamin C that can be taken intravenously- it's the equivalent of 500 oranges. Liquid vitamins will absorb the quickest. When taking high doses of Vitamin C the only side effect I've heard is that you can get kidney stones if you're prone to them. Make sure she drinks lots of water to prevent that. You can google it to find more info. I use to suffer from an auto-immune disease, chronic fatigue, I've had very good luck with taking high doses of Ester-C and capsules of cayenne pepper. It's possible that combination could work for your daughter. If you can get that liquid C it would probably be better in the beginning. I know of a medical facility in Utah that provides this service if you can't find anything near you, just send me a direct message and I'll give you the info if you're interested.

I'm glad to hear you're seeking the help of a Naturopath.....the problem is, this is such a new vaccination, that it's possible there aren't any natural solutions as of yet, BUT.....because it seems your daughter's immune system is being attacked, I would look at natural products that help fight auto-immune diseases....this very well could lead you down the path of some things that have worked to fight those ailments, which is why I mentioned the combination above.

Something else I've learned.........If you can thin the blood you can fight the disease better.....I've been told that it's easier to kill pathogens in the blood when the blood is thinner. I believe the cayenne pepper will do that.. double check me on that one.....Now that she's showing signs of suffering from an auto-immune disease, it will be all about preventative medicine from this point forward. Don't get sucked into the prescription world; I think they cause more problems than what they're worth and might complicate the situation. There are natural products that will work. In my opinion, boosting her with "whole food" supplements will help her immune system. Look at the product called "Alive!" It is packed full of nutrients and probably one of the best supplements you can give her. I know Natural News did a review of the product and gave it good marks. My concern is that you stated she was getting worse and not wanting to eat.....she has become vitamin deficient; you've got to get nutrients in her in order to help her body fight the disease. The less she eats the worse she'll get. Most likely she was vitamin deficient before she got the illness(most people are, as our food source is no longer efficient), so it's important that she gets the help of nutrients. The more I read, the more I'm noticing th correlation between diseases and lack of vitamins- very key.

I will close by saying, I'm no doctor, and I encourage you to look into some of my suggestions..I speak from my own experience and research that I've done in the past year.

For future reference try these two websites, they are a wealth of information.
DoctorYourself.com - Health, Naturally!
Independent news on natural health, nutrition and more

All the best to you- keep us posted!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:33 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happeemommee View Post
Hi ya'll,

My 17 year old daughter got the Gardasil vaccine the end of May.Since then she has had nothing but problems, including being in the ICU for a couple of days because of pericarditis.She also has excruciating head aches,fatigue,shortness of breath, chest pain,stomach pains,loss of appetite and so on and so on. The doctors now think it's effecting her auto immune system.( Two of her pediatricians agree it was the shot) This was a girl that was running about 10 miles a day before the shot and now can't walk upstairs without resting. At any rate, we are waiting on an appointment to see the Rheumatologist and have just started seeing a naturopath. The problem is that this shot and it's effects are so new no one really knows what to do with her,and the Docors sort of just try to treat what they think is going on. I'm at a loss, she has gotten very weak and hasn't been to school in two weeks now. I have adjusted her diet, and am limiting red meat and fat, and trying to feed her mostly fruits/ vegetables and lean meat. I've thought about contacting teaching hospitals, both those that teach conventional and alternative methods. I just thought I would see if anyone out there has any other ideas. She's just getting worse and worse and I need help.

Thanks for ANYTHING you can suggest. I would take her to Canada if that would make her better,so we are open to almost anything.
This is horrible and I'm glad you try to make others aware of it. My daughter had the same vaccination and had no symtoms. I hope it will be figured out if it is really the gardasil or maybe something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness