Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:09 AM

428 posts, read 1,630,921 times

Advertisements

See a dermatologist when you have an outbreak. It's impossible to diagnose this without an exam, and although it doesn't sound serious, you could make it worse by treating it with the wrong medication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 03:03 PM

3 posts, read 45,988 times
Usually moist, itchy patches anywhere on the body means you have a fungal infection! The best product for you is melaleuca oil (aka "tea tree oil."). It kills fungal infections fast, it's safe and it's inexpensive. Email me for more details - but I am sure you'll be rash-free in no time! But you also need to know that the kind of fungal infection you have mosy likely originates in yoiur intestine and you really should take acidophilus and bifobacterium to keep that under control. Since fungi thrives on sugar (you probably crave it), you need to cut way back on all sugar until your symptoms abate. Tinactin can help, but keep in mind, it's only temporary, so you will continue to have this problem and continue to buy tinactin. It's better to treat the cause, kill the fungus, and be done with it.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:06 PM

428 posts, read 1,630,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindajcook View Post
Usually moist, itchy patches anywhere on the body means you have a fungal infection! The best product for you is melaleuca oil (aka "tea tree oil."). It kills fungal infections fast, it's safe and it's inexpensive. Email me for more details - but I am sure you'll be rash-free in no time! But you also need to know that the kind of fungal infection you have mosy likely originates in yoiur intestine and you really should take acidophilus and bifobacterium to keep that under control.
I am a dermatologist. Since I have said there is no way I could diagnose your problem without seeing you, it is highly unlikely someone else on this forum could. Do not assume you have a "fungal infection". Tea tree oil is touted for pretty much everything, and whether it will help you is debatable. The fungus she is talking about is C. albicans, which is present in the GI tract. But you may well have bacterial folliculitis, hidradenitis, miliaria, tinea corporis or any of several other conditions unrelated to C. Albicans. Just go see an MD when you flare up.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
True Mo...It could even be herpes. And yes..you can get that in your pits

Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
So I should just see a dermatologist maybe?

Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
Sounds like jock itch or jungle rot to me too. If so, it's a fungus and you may need some super-duper stuff to clear it up. See a dermatologist.

You also need to stop doing whatever causes you to sweat so much while you try to get it cleared.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
The rash fortunately is not permanant. It seems to occur when I do exercise, especially when I go for long walks (hikes).
I've had this problem for years and it keeps getting worse. It is worst in summer and affects me in the colder weather too sometimes.
The rash occurs in my groin area and sometimes under my arms. I happen to get sweaty in those spots. I've found it got better when I switched to boxers, but now I find I do best wearing no underwear.
The rash has bumps that occasionally bleed (rare) and it is sticky. I got a really bad attack after a 10 mile walk I did the other day.
I always make sure to apply medicated powder to the area before I leave, but as soon as I start sweating the powder is sweated away and it starts getting sticky. I'd rather not have to carry powder around, so I've tried diaper rash creams (zinc oxide) but they are not helping.
I've also tried washing the area in a restroom, which helps somewhat, but once I start sweating its back again. It's only when I get home and apply the powder it goes away. Usually starts getting better immediately and is completely gone by the next day.
I think I may have what is called "prickly heat". I wish there was a powder I could put on that could keep me dry all day. I've tried anti-perspirents as well, not helping. Nothing's more painful than struggling to finish a hike when every step hurts.
It also has a smell to it. I wonder if I have a fungal issue? Maybe an anti-fungal cream will help? Otherwise I better start lugging around powder. Or maybe get a crotch cooling system?
I know it sounds funny, but the pain is so bad sometimes its a struggle walking back.
Did you google prickly heat? If so, you will see at the top of the page it says images or click here. I googled prickly heat, exactly what my daughter has, so thanks for that.

I'm sure you are frustrated. From what you are describing, how can you even go to a dermatologist when it goes away by the next day?

I'm going to put on my internet Dr degree (humor) and say that it very well could be something in your life. Gatorade was mentioned, stop that, add water instead.

What is your food diet like? Do you drink a lot of sugary stuff? How about breads? Pasta? What do you eat regularly?

Next, laundry detergent. Put aside what you usually use and use something with free & clear, all of the major brands have them. Do you use fabric softener? Dryer sheets?

A few products have been mentioned in this post and at the piney forum, what have you tried?

Next, you've been given a few suggestions on what it could be. Go to google and start looking them up. Compare the pictures of rashes to what you actually have. This will make it easier for you to go to a dermatologist. Yes, I believe in self diagnose for some things.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:04 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
It may be caused by clogged pores. I would get a pore cleanser at the local drug store. I picked up a Witch Hazel lotion and applied it to the affected areas (neck, elbow, etc.). The problem hasn't come back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness