Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,951,461 times

Advertisements

When we were kids, my Mom would give us a tablespoon or two of a mixture of whiskey, honey and lemon when we had a sore throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,049 times
Love the information, I have COPD, " Cronic Obstrutive Pulminary Desease", Pardon the misspelling, age has it's senialability.> I just started purchaseing Jim Beam Burbon Whiskey. I find that 1 1/2 shots will help me breath much easier, or maybe two. It's better to have just one and enjoy. To much whiskey is not good for anyone, that goes for any booze. I have found to this date, The best booze for health betterment and/or madisonal purposes are; cold weather red wine, cold weather white wine, champaine , Jim Beam Burbon Whiskey 80%, no lighter, no stronger for me, up to 100% might do it for others. It to me is to strong and more detrimental to the Liver, mind and body. Red wine is good for cleaning out the so called free radicals from your system, White wine is good for the Lungs to help breath better and to clean out the free radicals from your lungs, Champaine crosses the mind barrier to fight Alzhimers desease to help a person who has it be able to think clearer and to remember names, places , dates, ETC, Also will prevent the onset of Alzhimers. I drink a bottle of Champaine a month for those purposes. Jim Beam Burbon Whiskey 80% work's to instantly breath much easier. Also, I have just read that Red Wine also is good for allergies and Stops the runny nose associated with it, I guess i'll have to buy more Jim beam burbun whisky to stock up as I need much help breathing, just no drinking before or while driving, I do not go out very much anyway and only to the DR's or to shop for food as I am retired, disabled 120% as I have veterans comp. injuries from service. Hope this information helps someone... Note, if possible, buy Cold weather Wines as They contain more health benefits then a wine from a warm weather country, county or area.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:24 AM

44,541 posts, read 61,208,520 times
When we were kids for a cold or sore throat our parents gave us a 12oz glass of warm lemonade with a shotglass of whiskey mixed in it. Worked well.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:55 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,951,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
When we were kids for a cold or sore throat our parents gave us a 12oz glass of warm lemonade with a shotglass of whiskey mixed in it. Worked well.
Our mom mixed a little whiskey, honey and lemon in a shot glass for our sore throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness