Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:09 PM

524 posts, read 942,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
That's just not right! BTW - if you follow Dr. Perricone, certain foods have a thermogenic quality, which he discovered when he was trying to bulk up in his college years. A natural byproduct of increased thermogenics is a healthier, more radiant skin. Win-win, and no pills are necessary!
I got this message via direct mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
I'd try that pill!!!! I'm almost 20 pounds over my ideal weight because I'm disabled and became homebound. I can do some isometric exercises seated and lying down to keep my muscles in good shape but that doesn't help you lose weight.

So, a pill like that would be GREAT!!!! As long as it bears no resemblance to that injection they give you for a stress test if you can't walk the treadmill. Oh, my, that was the pits! It made me throw up repeatedly!

Old 11-18-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'd try that pill!!!! I'm almost 20 pounds over my ideal weight because I'm disabled and became homebound. I can do some isometric exercises seated and lying down to keep my muscles in good shape but that doesn't help you lose weight.

So, a pill like that would be GREAT!!!! As long as it bears no resemblance to that injection they give you for a stress test if you can't walk the treadmill. Oh, my, that was the pits! It made me throw up repeatedly!
They are testing the pill in patients with obesity, diabetes, and numerous musculature diseases, due to the muscle building effects.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:11 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,330,045 times
I want to order a lifetime suppy.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:35 AM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,333 times
I can see the commercials now:

(Thin man and fat woman sitting on the couch watching TV and talking.)

Man: "You know, I used to have to get off the couch once in a while to exercise."
Woman: "You mean, you don't anymore?"
Man: "No!"
Woman: "Wow, you look so good. I try to walk to the car at least once per day, and it's really a drag. How do you stay in such great shape?"
Man: "I talked to my doctor about it, and he prescribed No-Run. You should talk to your doctor about it!"

Voiceover: "No-Run is a special formula that will allow you to say goodbye to exercise forever! Get the health benefits of exercise without the risks of overexertion, sprained ankles, annoying heavy breathing, and having to face the elements such as sun, wind, rain, snow, and unconditioned air. No-Run is not for everyone. Side effects include hair loss, flu-like symptoms, eye twitches, restless leg syndrome, urinary incontinence, kidney disease, heart attack, driving while sleeping, coma, and sudden death. No-Run caused liver, brain, and breast cancer in laboratory animals. It has not been studied in people over the age of 49 or under the age of 31. Talk to your doctor about No-Run today!"

Yes, I'd be first in line for such a pill!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
"I talked to my doctor about it, and he prescribed No-Run.
NO-RUN sounds like an anti-diarrhea medicine!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:10 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,219,487 times
I think I heard about this when they tested it on mice. They said that it also dramatically enhances the effects of any exercise taken.
As long as it was thoroughly tested, I would totally take it. Not instead of exercise, but to enhance what I do. I think it sounds great and I hope it works!

Old 11-19-2008, 04:43 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,111,453 times
Quote:
Would you take such a pill?

Ick! No.

I think those researchers are totally missing the point about why ~some~ of us "exercise".

I love the feel of blood pounding in my ears. My feet on the pavement/crunching through leaves/over snow.

I look with awe at the sunrise, the sunset, the early spring grass peeking through the soil, the leaves falling from the trees, the flakes falling from the sky. I revel in the taste of rain on lips.

I like the crusty layer of salt on my body after a good run or ride.

I love the sound of my xc skis.

I luxuriate in a hot shower after a day in the snow. A cold beer after a day riding in the sun.

I consider the blue heron and the squirrels and the geese my friends. I would miss them if I did not meet them each day on my travels.

Put that in a pill?
Probably not.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,918,659 times
That's fine, all you lazy people can take that pill and eat what you want. I'll continue to exercise and eat a balanced diet. Then when you kick the bucket at 50 due to heart disease, you'll certainly make a pretty corpse but I'll have to pass on attending your funeral because I'll be running a triathlon that day and then vigorously banging my young boyfriend later that night.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Ick! No.

I think those researchers are totally missing the point about why ~some~ of us "exercise".

I love the feel of blood pounding in my ears. My feet on the pavement/crunching through leaves/over snow.

I look with awe at the sunrise, the sunset, the early spring grass peeking through the soil, the leaves falling from the trees, the flakes falling from the sky. I revel in the taste of rain on lips.

I like the crusty layer of salt on my body after a good run or ride.

I love the sound of my xc skis.

I luxuriate in a hot shower after a day in the snow. A cold beer after a day riding in the sun.

I consider the blue heron and the squirrels and the geese my friends. I would miss them if I did not meet them each day on my travels.

Put that in a pill?
Probably not.
When I was in the best shape of my life I was fighting full contact and breakdancing continuously. I started powerlifting to give my fighting skills more power. I loved that feeling of pushing myself beyond my limits, the endorphine rush, and the look and feel of my muscles pumped with blood.

But I got hurt doing a stunt in a movie and I was almost bed ridden for a year. Then something else happened and I had to go through the same thing again. I gain almost 100 pounds during that time. I fluctuate in weight dramatically but I have not entirely lost the weight I have gained.

I come from a long line of people who are heavy... I am prone to being like that. What has saved me is being incredibly active! I eat very healthy... I do not like junk foods.

I am 40 years of age and over weight. I have not been able to get back down and stay down for many years now. I am 5'3 and 241 lbs. (although I do not look it due to my-musculature).

I would take the pill to get back down to the weight and endurance level I need to be at so that I can start working out again.

What is wrong with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness