Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,410,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
either way your pushing judgement on me. Just because you believe in what ghandi did doesn't mean it's necessarily RIGHT. It's just what YOU believe in and what YOU believe is right. I have different beliefs. I have different views. I don't care to hear other peoples judgements.
Subaru,

I'm not judging you. If you want to have sex with your boyfriend, go ahead.

W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM

3,973 posts, read 7,676,087 times
condoms hurt? hmmm..I was on BC for about 8 yrs, I was one the lucky ones who didn't have any noticeabe symptoms. Maybe you could try Mirena? it's a flexible, estrogen-free plastic ring that is inserted similar to an IUD. Maybe it's the combination of hormones you haven't quite found a balance with yet, but be careful, all the different methods you are using you may not be protected for a short time, you might have to try to use condoms until you can find the right pill or hormone that will work for you.
good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Ok, I need some other womens opinions........

I started taking birth control when I was like 18 (I'm 25 now) This past january I went off because my skin was going crazy and I wanted to make sure the BC wasn't the culprit. SO I went back on (to a diff kind, onto Seasonique) in June and about a month later I started to notice I was depressed feeling a LOT and I was crying a LOT more....... So I switched from Seasonique to Ocella (generic form of Yasmin) and while I definitely am not SAD feeling all the time like I was on seasonique, I DO notice I tend to still feel more emotional then when I'm NOT on BC.

The crazy thing is I DON'T remember being so crazy emotional from age 18- to this past Jan....... so why am I going CRAZY once I restarted????

I'm about to say SCREW BC altogether! My boyfriend has been getting on my case and telling me to be "stronger" cuz I'm always crying or upset about something. I don't want to feel like such a debbie downer anymore.......

Has anyone else ever experienced severe mood swings and depression and then QUIT Birth control and suddenly they were ok?????

My only FEAR is getting pregnant. My boyfriend and I will need some other form of contraceptive except CONDOMS because we both hate them (they hurt me)........ what else can we possibly use if I go off birth control???????

Old 11-20-2008, 11:32 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,199,405 times
Perhaps you should talk to your doctor and try to find a pill that was closer to the original pill you started with? Maybe there is a different brand or generic that won't give you the skin problems. Did the doc say your skin problem was due to the pill? I know that when I was in my early twenties my skin went a little crazy too. Breakouts like you wouldn't believe. It could just be your body going through a normal change.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,964,471 times
One other thought: have you tried non-lubricated condoms? The lubrication on many brands is nonoxydol-9, which some people are allergic to, and that might be what's hurting you....

Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,752,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Read Song of Songs (in some Bibles it's Song of Solomon) in your Bible and you might reconsider.
EXACTLY what I was thinking. If reading that doesn't make you blush then I don't know what will. Besides, the Bible DOES tell us to "leave and cleave" to our spouses. And one local pastor gave his married congregation something to do last week: Have sex for 7 straight days. Hubby wants to visit that church

Anyway...... Subaru, talk to your doctor. Have them check your hormone levels and find something that works FOR YOU! Just like all of us are not created exactly the same neither are the different options. Your doctor should be open and willing to work with you to find the RIGHT method for YOU!

Good luck

Old 11-20-2008, 12:32 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,450,935 times
When I first when on the pill at around 18, I was on ortho and it made me SO emotional. No lie, I remember watching a hallmark commercial and starting to cry!!!! That was the last straw and I went off of it. I went back on the pill (yasmin, and now the generic one that you are one) at around 21 and have not had any side effects. There are SO many kinds of pills out there, so maybe your doctor can think of a different kind. My friend literally tried 6 or 7 types of BC before finding the best fit for her. If not, an IUD could work?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:21 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,566,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Get an engagement ring.

Stop having sex with him until he decides he's serious about you. And then you won't have to worry about turning into a preggie peggy.
This is not REAL advise

Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,239,249 times
Your best bet is to talk to your Dr and if he/she can't help you get another Dr until you find one that will work with you. There are many obtions and BC pills on the market today so there is something that will work for you. Asking here is only going to confuse you more. Talk to a professional. Good luck! Just my personal opinion!

Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,535,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertily View Post
You are NOT supposed to be having sex unless you intend to have children. Period. End of discussion. Sex is for procreation according to the scriptures and then it is to be done hastily, in dark and with as little fanfare as possible.
If you are having sex for any reason other than to procreate, then you need to rededicate yourself to the word and experience a spiritual renewal.
If you have thoughts of intimacy at other times, then you should outline the book of Leviticus and empathise with the character traits shown therein.

Get real already.

Cooper IUD. Does not release hormones.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:36 AM

25 posts, read 155,481 times
I must say reading all these post have made me laugh about the bible and not having sex when your specific question was about birth control. I am 24 and have tried multiple things. I was on Yasmin, had issues, I was on Depo for 4 years it worked great til they found out it causes Osteoprosis in long term users. I have been taking Yaz for a few years now, lower hormones less side effects after the inital 3 months. Kinda just have to find what fits you. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness