Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 05:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Agave nectar in coffee? has anyone tried it?
I love a spoonfull of the dark agave from the spoon straight into my mouth. I just use raw sugar in my coffee. Agave is divine !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 05:22 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
I am getting teed off when I find Nutrasweet, and such, in the so called "healthy" food products. It may be just what they call a tiny amount. I don't want it ! If it's a tiny amount, we won't miss it, will we ? Leave these fake sugars out of my food. Sorbitol in jelly leaves a horrible aftertaste. I am sticking with natural sweeteners. Refined sugar leaves a nasty coating on your teeth. And I love sorghum. Oh, sorghum drizzled on a warm biscuit. Heavenly. Worth the xtra price.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:51 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,949,085 times
This is a great thread! I stopped using Aspartame over 5 yrs ago. First I overheard about someone getting sick and Aspartame. Then I did my homework on the Internet and even read of Aspartame connected to MS. I now use small amounts of splenda and sweet & low and regular sugar in moderation.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 PM

930 posts, read 717,577 times
Aspartame has given my 10 year old hives since she was two(it's happened 3 times). She is very aware of what she eats. It's aweful how they put aspartame in non sugar free bubble gum and other foods. We're always reading labels.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:26 AM

34 posts, read 53,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
I know there is all kinds of info about how aspartame and Splenda are evil and the sign of the End of Days, but does anyone out there have any real-world experience going off of artificial sweetners or having bad side effects from consuming them?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Deit Coke
I have these adverse reactions from drinking Deit Coke, and eating Sweet and Low;
It took 19 years to develop ASPARTAME POISONING; Then I found this out TOO LATE;
Once you have it in your body; YOU DON'T PEE IT OUT;----- IT STICKS;

8-6-07
Anxiety attacks
arthritis------Glucosamine Sulfate--2 in the morning---3 @ bedtime-------------8-6-07
Chest Pain
Chronic Fatigue
Confusion
Dizziness ------------------ There's NOTHING that can be done for --------
fatigue --------------ASPARTAME POISONING;----------------
Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
Impotency and Sexual Problems---------very long winded
inability to concentrate
Insomnia
Irritability
Itching----------Loratadine---3 @ bedtime-----8-6-08
Joint Pains rashes
"like thinking in a fog"
Slurring of speech-----sence 1985
Marked Personality Changes
Tinnitus
Memory loss
vertigo--all the time
Muscle spasms 3-5-times a week
Numbness or Tingling of all Extremities -----?
Other Allergic-Like Reactions
poor memory
Sciatic pain-----Loratab-10.---3 per day----and when needed------11-01-08

Aspartame Disease Mimics these Symptoms or Worsens the Following Diseases
Fibromyalgia
Arthritis
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson's Disease
Lupus
Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS)
Diabetes and Diabetic Complications
Epilepsy
Alzheimer's Disease
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Lymphoma
Lyme Disease
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) (HADA)
Panic Disorder
Depression and other Psychological Disorders
It made me allergic to 85% of the food on Crest food shelves--NO-dairy,wheat,oils,seeds-
-----------------------it gave me alcohol poisoning-------------
--------VERY LONG WINDED when having sex WITH A EMPTY BLADDER
I sweat like a dog;--- Have sweated heavy since 1983
I thought my thyroid was bad, had it tested,-- NORMAL,-------
-----must be reaction from ASPARTAME
ASPARTAME turns into Wood Methanol at 78deg. Once it becomes active,
IT DON'T EVER TURN AROUND---ONCE YOU HAVE IT -IN- YOUR BODY, YOU DON'T GET RID OF IT; YOU JUST HAVE TO "WEAR" IT DOWN;
How did it get approved in the first place?

"When Donald Rumsfeld was CEO of Searle, that conglomerate manufactured aspartame. For 16 years the FDA refused to approve it, not only because its not safe but because they wanted the company indicted for fraud. Moderator cut: can only quote 1-2 sentences and provide link "
Donald Rumsfeld was on President Reagan's transition team and the day after he took office he appointed an FDA Commissioner who would approve aspartame. The FDA set up a Board of Inquiry of the best scientists they had to offer who said aspartame is not safe and causes brain tumors, and the petition for approval is hereby revoked. The new FDA Commissioner, Arthur Hull Hayes, over-ruled that Board of Inquiry and then went to work for the PR Agency of the manufacturer, Burson-Marstellar, rumored at $1000.00 a day, and has refused to talk to the press ever since.

Go to http://www.wnho.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm and you'll find out more facts about the BEST POISON ever invented by man; ---jacel0---

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-29-2011 at 10:27 AM..

Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 AM

37,088 posts, read 41,220,763 times
See jace10's thread on this same topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/daily...l#post21468277

The thread includes lots of info about why aspartame is not dangerous.

If you get a headache from eating a product with aspartame, don't eat products with aspartame. However, a study done on a group of people who were convinced that aspartame caused them to have headaches showed that aspartame was no more likely to do it than placebo:

Aspartame and susceptibility to headache. [N Engl J Med. 1987] - PubMed - NCBI

Similarly, people who think they are "allergic" to aspartame are probably not:

ScienceDirect - Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology : A combined single-blind, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to determine the reproducibility of hypersensitivity reactions to aspartame

"No subject with a clearly reproducible adverse reaction to aspartame was identified. In summary, we found that it is difficult to recruit study subjects with a history of hypersensitivity reactions to aspartame and that subjects who believed themselves allergic to aspartame did not have reproducible reactions."

On safety of aspartame:

Aspartame: a safety evaluation based on cur... [Crit Rev Toxicol. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

About Splenda (sucralose):

http://www.sucralose.org/pdf/ADAFactSheet_FINAL.pdf

On the use of nonnutritive sweeteners from the nutrition experts:

Use of Nutritive and Nonnutritive Sweeteners

There is a link to a 21 page PDF with the objective information about sugar and sugar substitutes, including aspartame and sucralose.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:17 AM

11 posts, read 23,296 times
back when aspartame was created i had an uncle who was working as a chemist at a ___ chemical company. the first marketing that they did was to send bubble gum balls to random homes. 2 things i remember...1) my uncle forbid us from eating them 2) he, to this day does not allow anything with that ingredient in his home. that should give you enough to know stay away far away.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekko369 View Post
back when aspartame was created i had an uncle who was working as a chemist at a ___ chemical company. the first marketing that they did was to send bubble gum balls to random homes. 2 things i remember...1) my uncle forbid us from eating them 2) he, to this day does not allow anything with that ingredient in his home. that should give you enough to know stay away far away.
Your uncle KNEW just what he was talking about;
It has some cousins too;
There's alot that's bad for you;---jacel0---
That's why people -reporters- have and are starting to reconize the BAD stuff;----Slowly but surely;

Old 10-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
See jace10's thread on this same topic:

//www.city-data.com/forum/daily...l#post21468277

The thread includes lots of info about why aspartame is not dangerous.

If you get a headache from eating a product with aspartame, don't eat products with aspartame. However, a study done on a group of people who were convinced that aspartame caused them to have headaches showed that aspartame was no more likely to do it than placebo:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply by ---jacel0---
Everything I say ablout aspartame, can be backed up over 3,300,000 times; it the truth;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspartame and susceptibility to headache. [N Engl J Med. 1987] - PubMed - NCBI

Similarly, people who think they are "allergic" to aspartame are probably not:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
reply;jacel0--A whole lot of people have and will continiue to have headachs from aspartame-- until they QUIT eating that POISON;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScienceDirect - Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology : A combined single-blind, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to determine the reproducibility of hypersensitivity reactions to aspartame

"No subject with a clearly reproducible adverse reaction to aspartame was identified. In summary, we found that it is difficult to recruit study subjects with a history of hypersensitivity reactions to aspartame and that subjects who believed themselves allergic to aspartame did not have reproducible reactions."

On safety of aspartame:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Those studies were PAID for by MONSXNTIX, SWxxt+ lod and others that ARE GETTING ---"RICH"--- from that poison;-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aspartame: a safety evaluation based on cur... [Crit Rev Toxicol. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

About Splenda (sucralose):
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know alot of people that get headachs and have quit eating that stuff;
---In me---, it CAUSES mass confusion; I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT;

http://www.sucralose.org/pdf/ADAFactSheet_FINAL.pdf

On the use of nonnutritive sweeteners from the nutrition experts:

------------Ought to be TAKEN off the shelf BY THE FDA;------

Use of Nutritive and Nonnutritive Sweeteners

There is a link to a 21 page PDF with the objective information about sugar and sugar substitutes, including aspartame and sucralose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IF you realy want to KNOW the TRUTH about ASPARTAME GO TO http://www.wnho.net/the_ecologist_aspartame_report.htm that is the top sight on that page, it is 21 pages long, goes into detail about aspartame, AND JUST HOW DEADLY IT IS and the last 2 pages are about Splenda;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM

37,088 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekko369 View Post
You eat bubble gum?

And what is his reason for banning aspartame?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness