Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,250,517 times

Advertisements

I have those as well as other medical issues. No insurance right now, no medication.

My FM has been doing fairly well until last night....

Right now my right hip is in bad shape, so much pain.

Now,I know what I would normally do and that is get a cortisone shot in the hip. Without insurance, I don't know what to do, if the pain will eventually go away, I do not know.

Do you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 05:24 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,212,915 times
In order for the pain to go away permanently, you would have to modify your diet considerably. Which means a vegan diet. And avoid wheat related products.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,250,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
In order for the pain to go away permanently, you would have to modify your diet considerably. Which means a vegan diet. And avoid wheat related products.
You know what? I did that for a while and I sure did feel a lot better

Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,212,915 times
The thing is to stick with it. Try new recipes. Try new fruits and veggies you haven't tried before. Avoid refined and processed foods as much as possible. There is a lot of hidden MSG in processed foods, and sometimes that alone can cause many painful episodes. I know because I've been there before. I used to have so much pain I could not even type, let alone sit up. I dumped the processed foods, the dairy (another big cause) and cook everything myself. The only time I get the pain now is if I eat out at a restaurant and am not sure of all the ingredients used. It's usually hidden MSG. Here is a site telling about the side effects of MSG, and all the ways it's hidden in your foods.
MSG / monosodium glutamate -- hidden in processed food

Old 01-09-2009, 08:34 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,960,148 times
I recently asked my MIL, who suffers from RA and prefers natural remedies, what her regimine is, because I have a friend who is opposed to the drugs that her doctor was offering her. Here is what she takes:

Zyflamend, which is available only online as far as she knows. This is a supplement htat has turmeric, ginger, and other things that reduce inflammation. She takes it twice per day.

Fish Oil, 1000 mg, twice per day.

Flaxseed Oil, 1000 mg, twice per day.

Vitamin D 1000 IU, once per day (needed to help with absorption of the other supplements)

Multi-Vitamin (like One A Day or something similar)

Vitamin E, 400 IU, once per day.

She also said that she feels much better when she exercises daily. She notices if she even skips two or three days of exercising.

She cleared all of this with her rheumatologist... obviously, you should not take anything without checking with a doctor or naturopath or someone. Those dosages are for her age and her body type, yada yada yada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness