Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times

Advertisements

I have a condition known as tinitis. It is an annoyance in your ear. It is described as a ringing but it can be anything from a high pitch to it sounding like putting your ear to a seashell. Supposedly there is no cure.

The reason I am writing this is because my ENT doctor gave me a pill called Lipo-flavonoid Plus. And remarkably it works. At first I thought it was a fluke but I stopped taking it and I got the high pitch back again, it gave me relief for about 3 weeks. So I went to the doctor and he told me to start taking them again. You only take one a day after breakfast. Well I took it and sure enough it lowered the sound by about 75%. Then after a few weeks the noise came back so I stopped the pills again. Well Tuesday I started them again and the noise has gone down again!!! Amazing. So I figure I will take them until it starts again, wait a few days and then repeat the pill.
'
I am writing to let anyone suffering from this get some relief. I dont want to keep this miracle to myself !!! Good luck Tinitis Sufferers .

roxy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I have a condition known as tinitis. It is an annoyance in your ear. It is described as a ringing but it can be anything from a high pitch to it sounding like putting your ear to a seashell. Supposedly there is no cure.

The reason I am writing this is because my ENT doctor gave me a pill called Lipo-flavonoid Plus. And remarkably it works. At first I thought it was a fluke but I stopped taking it and I got the high pitch back again, it gave me relief for about 3 weeks. So I went to the doctor and he told me to start taking them again. You only take one a day after breakfast. Well I took it and sure enough it lowered the sound by about 75%. Then after a few weeks the noise came back so I stopped the pills again. Well Tuesday I started them again and the noise has gone down again!!! Amazing. So I figure I will take them until it starts again, wait a few days and then repeat the pill.
'
I am writing to let anyone suffering from this get some relief. I dont want to keep this miracle to myself !!! Good luck Tinitis Sufferers .

roxy
That's great roxxy!! My singer friend Annie was born deaf in 1 ear & has tinitus in her 1 good ear. She thinks its from all the years on stage with the loud amp speakers & monitors, & I believe it, as I also have it in my ears from the loud music...

I'm gonna copy & paste your message in an email to her!! Thanks & glad you're getting relief!!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
That's great roxxy!! My singer friend Annie was born deaf in 1 ear & has tinitus in her 1 good ear. She thinks its from all the years on stage with the loud amp speakers & monitors, & I believe it, as I also have it in my ears from the loud music...

I'm gonna copy & paste your message in an email to her!! Thanks & glad you're getting relief!!
Google Lipo-flavonoid Plus. It really works!!! I took my third one today and the noise is almost gone. I cannot believe it, its really a miracle.

Oh by the way welcome back. Everyone was worried about you.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
I stood by some huge speakers for a Beach Boys concert and my ears rang for a week........
and they hurt. I felt sure I would go deaf. I can't imagine having that as a daily or weekly concert happening.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:31 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,896,647 times
I get this once in awhile as a result I am sure of feedback episodes on a number of occasions. I fortunately don't have it all the time but I will sometimes randomly get a loud ringing, then deafness for a second or two. When I had my hearing checked, they said it was perfect. I just displaced my Cochlea from the sudden loud high pitch of feedback and it will never move back.

I remember years ago bumping a metal pan in the kitchen and it produced a feedback type signal. It nearly knocked me to the ground as I my ear erupted with a huge ring. It was the first time I had a problem and I have only had a few minor episodes since.

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll give it a try if my symptoms worsen.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Maybe you should get an un-listed ear

hense no more ringing

Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,930,276 times
My sympathy for those of you who do suffer from this awful condition. Not to disregard the seriousness of it, but maybe you'd find my experience interesting.
I began to have a disturbing high-pitch "ring" in my left ear that came and went. After a while it was more often, and in trying to ignore it, I tried to convince myself it wasn't there. I repeated, "It's gone, it's gone, it's gone" until it actually went away each time. I haven't had the problem for weeks and hope it never comes back. Mind over matter? I guess it doesn't "matter" if it works!
Thanks for the good info on the medication.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
My sympathy for those of you who do suffer from this awful condition. Not to disregard the seriousness of it, but maybe you'd find my experience interesting.
I began to have a disturbing high-pitch "ring" in my left ear that came and went. After a while it was more often, and in trying to ignore it, I tried to convince myself it wasn't there. I repeated, "It's gone, it's gone, it's gone" until it actually went away each time. I haven't had the problem for weeks and hope it never comes back. Mind over matter? I guess it doesn't "matter" if it works!
Thanks for the good info on the medication.
Sometimes people get tinitis and it comes and goes. I doubt you ignoring it made it go away. Before I moved to Pa. my noise level was lower, for some reason when I moved here it got louder and higher pitched. It might have something to do with the altitude.

I've had this for years and there wasnt one doctor that could help me. I also have some hearing problems but I dont know if one thing has to do with the other.

I put this up because I know that it can help someone and that was my point of this thread.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
maybe you should get an un-listed ear

hense no more ringing
lol

Old 01-08-2009, 08:48 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,930,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
Sometimes people get tinitis and it comes and goes. I doubt you ignoring it made it go away. Before I moved to Pa. my noise level was lower, for some reason when I moved here it got louder and higher pitched. It might have something to do with the altitude.

I've had this for years and there wasnt one doctor that could help me. I also have some hearing problems but I dont know if one thing has to do with the other.

I put this up because I know that it can help someone and that was my point of this thread.
I understand your reasons for posting the info. My intention in posting was to add something to think about.
My experience seems like a huge coincidence, but it seemed to work every time for me. Maybe I'm fooling myself, but I'm not trying to kid anyone else. As I said, something to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness