U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,756,225 times

Advertisements

my fiancee has noticed some strange reddish bumps on my skin as of the last couple weeks, at first she thought they were hives, then she thought shingles (tho i doubt that one, just because theres supposed to be extreme pain that goes with shingles, and i dont have any pain), but she has noticed they are spreading more and more, they dont itch, they dont hurt... is it possible its just hives from my skin reacting to something at work, or could it be something else (honestly if it werent for her saying something about them, i wouldnt even know they were there)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 02:27 PM

i take it no one has any ideas on this? im not overly worried about it but my fiancee is what you would call a back seat hypocondriac, any time i get even the slightest bit sick she freaks out about it, im just trying to get something to calm her down, that and i am a bit curious about it myself

Old 01-19-2009, 04:02 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,419,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
i take it no one has any ideas on this? im not overly worried about it but my fiancee is what you would call a back seat hypocondriac, any time i get even the slightest bit sick she freaks out about it, im just trying to get something to calm her down, that and i am a bit curious about it myself
idk, try a different laundry detergent? Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.
"If it's not broken don't fix it"

Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 PM

2,071 posts, read 11,427,172 times
I would see a dermotologist ..........

Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,515,374 times
Yes, I would see a dermatologist. You didn't state your age and it is probably nothing to worry about.
But just to relieve her mind, and yours, a visit to a dermatologist could rule out any type of early melanoma or anything serious.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 AM

15,587 posts, read 24,486,472 times
Quote:
my fiancee has noticed some strange reddish bumps on my skin as of the last couple weeks, at first she thought they were hives, then she thought shingles (tho i doubt that one, just because theres supposed to be extreme pain that goes with shingles, and i dont have any pain), but she has noticed they are spreading more and more, they dont itch, they dont hurt... is it possible its just hives from my skin reacting to something at work, or could it be something else (honestly if it werent for her saying something about them, i wouldnt even know they were there)
Make an appointment with a dematologist.
My hubby was diagnosed with Discoid Lupus Erythematosus

I would do a google search on it to find more images to try to rule that out with your rash.

If you think it looks the same, get treated immediately.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM

8,415 posts, read 36,930,670 times
Where is it? If its allergies take an allergy pill and it will go away. Shingles can be strange they can start out like that and then the pain rolls in later. Shingles will get worse and wont be fixed by an allergy pill.
Cleanse the skin area with a 20 minute baking soda soak for a couple days to remove any allergens that could be in your skin. Clean with your hands and not a cloth

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM

how long does it take for the pain to roll in, cuz its been on my back and sholders for about 3 weeks now

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Where is it? If its allergies take an allergy pill and it will go away. Shingles can be strange they can start out like that and then the pain rolls in later. Shingles will get worse and wont be fixed by an allergy pill.
Cleanse the skin area with a 20 minute baking soda soak for a couple days to remove any allergens that could be in your skin. Clean with your hands and not a cloth

Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM

8,415 posts, read 36,930,670 times
Quote:
how long does it take for the pain to roll in, cuz its been on my back and sholders for about 3 weeks now
Its different for everyone. But that time line should be giving you pain by now especially with the spreading. Its more the spreading that seems to come with the pain. If you have cortisone cream you can test it on one. Cortisone makes herpes worse but hives better. But do not do that unless you have money to go to the doctor because you will need an anti-viral after that. If its creeping up towards your face I would just go right away. In you eye can cause damage. You don't want that.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 PM

for anyone who is curious about what it was i really have, its ringworm, was told today to put either lotramin or lamisil on it to clear it up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness