U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:01 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,701,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Can't afford to have tests done but a few months ago I had an incident; I was standing up talking on the phone when I suddenly felt this strange sensation in my chest, similar to flutters but much stronger and slightly different, but flutters is the only way I can really describe it. It went on for about 5 seconds when I suddenly felt myself passing out. I bent down to prevent myself from falling and just when everything got black, it stopped. My brother says he caught me and I did pass out but I don't recall that. After, I felt the slightest pain in the center of my chest but it was more discomfort than pain.

Anyway, I've been getting the flutters ever since. Yesterday, I had them for 3 hours straight. Just moments ago I was laughing at something on this site when I felt them again real strong--like the day I nearly passed out--and I almost passed out this time.

Has anyone been tested for something like this? Did it turn out to be nothing? Was the testing costly?

Public_Newsense,

I have the same problem. Ask your doctor to send you to a cardiologist. I know you say you can't afford tests, but this could be a serious problem, you could faint and hit your head, or injure yourself seriously.

My doctor didn't take me seriously at all, until one day I fainted right in front of him. He did notice that my blood pressure was running 98/60, which is waaaay too low. He sent me to a cardiologist that specialized in heart rhythm disorders. After several tests, which included a tilt table test, he found out what was wrong with me, which is neurocardiogenic syncope. I am on a medication called Florinef, which has helped quite a bit.

Here is a link on the disorder, which may prove useful to you. Best wishes, I hope you are able to get help with this.

Syncope

Please let me know how you make out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 01:09 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,269,819 times
Quote:
Thank you, Kathleen. What a scary situation. I've dreaded doing that in public so I've pretty much stayed home since it started. It's not like it happens all the time but I don't know what it is or if it's progressing. I've met many of those jerk doctors, both professionally and personally. Not fun.

I just came in to give an update. I went to a community health clinic last night and the doctor spent about 45 minutes with me. I think that's the longest appointment I've ever had. He asked a lot of questions, examined me and did an ekg. He said that came out ok but he's recommending me to a cardiologist and would like to see me get a halter monitor for one week. I feel like I saw a good doctor. I wish I could keep him but I think it was just a fill-in thing or something for me to establish myself there. Anyway, he put me on blood pressure medicine. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me and share your experiences. I appreciate it.
I am so glad you found someone to take you seriously. The monitor will provide them a great deal of info and please keep us posted!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM

9,630 posts, read 748,498 times
Quote:
That doesn't make any sense. I have a strict diet and working schedule that I do stick to. How could you surmise otherwise? Just curious.
so you belong to another category.
if it doesn't make sense you may not reply. don't you see i don't speak good english.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense. I have a strict diet and working schedule that I do stick to. How could you surmise otherwise? Just curious.

Anyway that was the first thing came up to my mind.
Good luck

Old 01-26-2009, 02:04 PM

i post here sometimes though i don't know much about medicine, but i just try to make smth pleasant, that's all.
regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness