Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 09:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,616,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
interesting on the other hand i eat quite a lot and i always have to stick to the healthy diets which means i had to cut down meat, use meat substitutes and eating seafood which is high in protein and low in saturated fat. not to forget i exercise on a daily basis, which makes me look lean and built, all my clothes fit perfect in small sizes

i think it's down to person not ethnicity, my white friend eats a lot of meats and drink alcohol on a daily basis and he hardly exercise yet he still does not gain weight, he's thin. i also think high metabolism has also to do with diets, such as drinking water on most times you feel like u have a dry tummy or throat, which some people mistaken it for hunger, and they would eat alot of fatty snacks and exercise and still the results aren't that impressive.
I definately agree on individuality and not on racial makeup. My dad and his side of his family are quasi short and thick boned and naturally big and strong and my mom and her side of the family are tall and thin and better suited for endurance than strength which is me as if i didn't workout and lift weights over the last 20 years i'd be 6ft3 and 170 lbs and skinny.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:41 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Your colon is self-cleaning--unless you have some medical problem, no help is needed!

And, I think darker skin simply shows any "muscle toning" better than pale skin--that's why body builders tan!

skin color does help show muscle but I am talking as far as being lean, ripped and athletic African American men have an advantage. We are talking average white male vs average black male not about ppl who have above average genetics. From an athletic standpoint do you think its any coincidence African Americans make up a majority of athletes? Why is it you never see a white running back in the NFL able to make those fast cuts? Why have the boxers with the best and fastest reflexes been African American? Science has proven African Americans have better genes for this soirt of thing but its not politically correct to say it so no one talks about it.

As far as strength goes Eastern Europeans and Samoans rule in that department.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:39 AM

739 posts, read 2,262,041 times
I thought europeans were designed for endurance and not strength. Because I am supposed to be a runner.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:59 AM

345 posts, read 1,641,766 times
[quote=cb at sea;7321777]Your colon is self-cleaning--unless you have some medical problem, no help is needed!

Unless you eat only what you grow and raise the colon is NOT self cleaning.

It may have been before Monsanto came into the picture.

Most people don't eat enough roughage anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness