Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

A student who died on a nightclub dancefloor in front of friends suffered a heart condition that may have been triggered by caffeine in the Red Bull she had been drinking, an inquest heard.

Chloe Leach, 21, had drank around four cans of the energy drink and several VKs - a vodka based drink which also contains caffeine - when she suddenly fell to the floor in the Sugarmill club in Hull, East Yorks., on September 30 last year.

Red Bull 'may have triggered heart condition that killed student' - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,702,711 times
Why would someone mix red bull/alcohol together when they are both toxic to your body?...lol. Don't mean to sound like a party pooper but red bull is nasty stuff and would never ingest again. 4 of them is just asking for trouble with all the stimulants in there. Vodka, well we all know what the deal is with that...lol

Old 02-04-2009, 10:58 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
All energy drinks have caffeine warnings. She didn't die of Red Bull - she died of caffeine overdose. I'm an avid energy drink person, myself... But people seriously need to read the labels and not overdo things.

Scariest out there is a drink called Spike Shooter an 8.4 ounce drink that even warns over and over again on the label to not exceed one can per day. 300mg of caffeine (which is like drinking 4 cans of Red Bull) in this little guy. It even warns to start with half a can to get a feel for what your caffeine tolerance is.

The most potent per ounce that I have drank is called Mana Energy Potion which packs more than 100mg of caffeine in each tiny ounce. Doesn't go down very smooth... but you can feel it taking effect. Redline is worse on the potency, but I'm not touching it!

And yes, I will agree that Red Bull is quite nasty. There are definitely much better tasting energy drinks out there. ((Xtreme Shock is, by far, my favorite energy drink))

Old 02-07-2009, 01:50 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Alot of these "day workers" on the bus seem to drink Red Bull, and often the bus smells like it, I cant stand the smell, I wouldn't even want to know what it tastes like.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 AM

931 posts, read 3,803,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Why would someone mix red bull/alcohol together when they are both toxic to your body?
Um...

It's like the most popular college drink.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:00 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
Why would someone mix red bull/alcohol together when they are both toxic to your body?...lol. Don't mean to sound like a party pooper but red bull is nasty stuff and would never ingest again. 4 of them is just asking for trouble with all the stimulants in there. Vodka, well we all know what the deal is with that...lol
Go have one....dollar value my man!

LOL

I remember when all these energy drinks came out and I was so excited thinking it would actually do something...lol

Doesnt work for coffee drinkers. I think its funny that they mention a 300 mg limit on those products. It equal to the two 8oz coffee cups health rule (aka...1 grande coffee at starbucks is 330)

Red bulls only have 30mgs which makes her consumption total less than half of a grande coffee.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
Um...

It's like the most popular college drink.
I don't care who its popular with, its not an intelligent thing to do.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Go have one....dollar value my man!

LOL

I remember when all these energy drinks came out and I was so excited thinking it would actually do something...lol

Doesnt work for coffee drinkers. I think its funny that they mention a 300 mg limit on those products. It equal to the two 8oz coffee cups health rule (aka...1 grande coffee at starbucks is 330)

Red bulls only have 30mgs which makes her consumption total less than half of a grande coffee.

I gotta admit I don't like anything about alcohol, forget how horrible it is for your health but I hate that toxic sludge feeling I have in my body.

One time I tried Red Bull when someone was giving free samples. I had two sips and tossed it. Not only is it full of crap, but I don't lke carbonated soda type drinks.

Assuming you liked both alcohol and red bull I think combining them is not too bright. Its a lot for your body to process.

One person dying isn't going to change anyones mind about it though.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
I was out one day and stopped at a store to get a can/bottle of Nestea. The only tea they had was black tea.. I never had heard of it but it was tea so I got it... WOW! That stuff had me so wored that it scared me! I will never try those other drinks and I am a coffee drinker.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Quote:
I gotta admit I don't like anything about alcohol, forget how horrible it is for your health but I hate that toxic sludge feeling I have in my body.

One time I tried Red Bull when someone was giving free samples. I had two sips and tossed it. Not only is it full of crap, but I don't lke carbonated soda type drinks.

Assuming you liked both alcohol and red bull I think combining them is not too bright. Its a lot for your body to process.

One person dying isn't going to change anyones mind about it though.
OH rant on...One person always changes everything. It has to start somewhere!

Your body really hates bad sugars it seems. Just something interesting is meat made me sicker post fast detox than a Jack Daniels. Isn't that strange?
I wonder how big the girl was that she could drink 4 of those....I think it was the vodka..I mean 4 drinks is half the bottle of vodka.

Drinking never bothered me and I never had a hangover so...I dont know maybe its the Scottish genes. lol (but really I just don't drink much at all either)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness