Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
I do have sometimes where my tinnitus is totally silent! I have been keeping a daily log (is that crazy or what?) The silence may last a few hours, and it is bliss. Then it kicks back up again. It's wild.
A daily log sounds like a good idea and it may even help the doctor with your situation. It could be certain foods and a combo of other things that could make one's tinnitus act up more so than normal.

I've got it too. Concerts, work and medication/health condition (including a few falls where I hit the back of my head) all seem to have played a role in this. It really stuck to me more after the last fall though. I have days where it's not that much of a big deal to me and other times, it seems like it's gonna drive me up the wall. It sounds like a high pitched drill. I've had moments where it comes as multiple tones, like a fancy door bell. I miss certain words in dialogue, mostly watching tv, listening to the radio 'cuz you can't always see the face to pick up on the missing words. Altho I can't say I'm really good at reading lips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 AM

Has anyone in here had that noise in your ear while you're taking a shower that sounds like plastic wrap? I occasionally get that too. Just wondering if any other tinnitus sufferers ever get that one?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 AM

675 posts, read 2,684,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Has anyone in here had that noise in your ear while you're taking a shower that sounds like plastic wrap? I occasionally get that too. Just wondering if any other tinnitus sufferers ever get that one?
Is it a crunchy sound? It could be fluid in your inner ear. My left ear does that, sounds like rice crispies, and I do notice it more when my ears get wet in the shower.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KidsforMe View Post
Is it a crunchy sound? It could be fluid in your inner ear. My left ear does that, sounds like rice crispies, and I do notice it more when my ears get wet in the shower.
Not so much like Krispies : ). Maybe sounds more like if you were to stretch out a bit of the wrap and tap once on it like a drum. Yet, it could still mean that I possibly have fluid in my inner ear.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:18 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
I have had it going on 41 years that I remember. When I was young everybody told me I couldn't be hearing a ringing in my ears. I am sorta used to it but will never be able to totally forget about it.
Mine sounds like a high pitched EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE with a background like a ocean wave hitting the beach. It changes now and again but goes back to origional sound. One weird thing is, I have lost alot of weight and as it goes off the sounds lessen. I hope when I get to my goal (losing 88 pounds) it may go altogether. Hope,hope.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Went to a concert this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have any major tinnitus kickbacks 'cuz I forgot to bring my ear plugs.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:54 PM

936 posts, read 2,397,850 times
I dont know if anyone posted this because I didnt read the entire thread but I have been suffering with Tinnitus for about 10-12 years. I have tried a pill called Lipo-flavonoid Plus and it helps. You take one a day after breakfast and after 2-3 weeks the noise gets low or goes away altogether. I made the mistake of stopping the pills and it came back so I started them again and it seems to be taking longer but the noise level came down. I hope this will help someone!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:33 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
I dont know if anyone posted this because I didnt read the entire thread but I have been suffering with Tinnitus for about 10-12 years. I have tried a pill called Lipo-flavonoid Plus and it helps. You take one a day after breakfast and after 2-3 weeks the noise gets low or goes away altogether. I made the mistake of stopping the pills and it came back so I started them again and it seems to be taking longer but the noise level came down. I hope this will help someone!

I tried those, they didn't help me

Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
Yes I've mentioned it several times, but you have to take two pills three times a day,it worked for me for a few months then stopped working, I still kept taking it but finally stopped. I started again a few months ago, but it did nothing for me.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:01 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I've mentioned it several times, but you have to take two pills three times a day,it worked for me for a few months then stopped working, I still kept taking it but finally stopped. I started again a few months ago, but it did nothing for me.
It seemed to lessen my ringing as well but then it is back to normal for me also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness