Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM

86 posts, read 339,718 times

Advertisements

Got mine after having a root canal done with an new electric dental tool. Had it non stop for almost 3 years. I would get double to triple pitches that would sound like locust and a high pitch electrical humming sound - which kinda reminds me of that sound you can hear from the back of an old television.
Sometimes listening to a Walkman radio with a little humming to the songs gave some relief but it never went away.
Then I took a trip to a lower elevation and it went completely away. Came back to a higher elevation and it came back too, but not as bad as before. Which really doesn't make sense to me yet because I originally got it at a lower elevation.

Now, I have heard that there is a doctor in Israel that supposedly has a secret cure for it. But, that was a year ago I was told that and I have yet to find out what that secret is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 AM

7,125 posts, read 12,661,810 times
Don't konw if this will help but am sending it along in case it does.

On pages 215-218 in the book The Natural Physician's Healing Therapies book (by Mark Stengler, N.D.) he says that Ginkgo Biloba can sometimes help end tinnitus (in cases not caused by hearing damage caused by prolonged exposure to loud noises).

He recommends 60 milligrams two- to four times daily for a daily total of 120-240 milligrams.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:32 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
For those that tinnitus from hearing loss like me,a hearing aid has helped
me. I am doing a 30 day free trial of them(Calif. law) and enjoying
them alot. One,I can hear better,and Two,they are helping to mask the
tinnitus some!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkka4 View Post
i have had tinnitus for 3 years now....i got it after i had to take lexapro for really bad anxiety/panic attacks ....and that only occured after i had my son...he was only 6months then and now 3. i have learned to live with my tinnitus ....and in the beginning i thought it was bad because i didnt know what was gonna happen....but after a while i really didnt notice it was there....but just a week ago i had to take something called toradol....and the side effects said ringing in the ears was one of them in rare cases....i ended up reading that after the i had taken them for about 2 days and that was 6pills from 10. well what do ya know the ringing in my ears went from a 2 to a 7....i wonder if mayb it will go back to a 2? probably not because that is just my luck....and im sure obsessing over it and getting panic attacks over it doesnt help either
I've had it for 15 years...and it's LOUD (caused by gunfire).

I'm to the point now where I can just tune it out though. You may have to either just adapt or suffer the consequences, but plenty of us do all right. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 AM

7 posts, read 15,075 times
Hi there,new here. I have not gone to the doctor yet. All of a sudden about a montgh ago I was on the couch and my left ear started to ring loud.It freaked me out not knowing what was going on..I scarred the **** out of me.It rings every day but it is not to bad when I am standing or busy.When I am laying down like I am now it is ringing it will go away then come back some times it goes to the middle of my ear very little does it go to my right ear.I am over 50 also but not sure If i should go to a doc and have them tell me there is nothing they can do and then I will have a bill there to pay.I have found a lot of comfurt here..did any of you have a MRI or a kitty scan for a brain tumor to count that out as a possibility.Last time a few weeks ago I went to my Cardio doc and my bp was 112 over 80 or vise versa..it was good and I told him i only take the meds every other day and he looked at my papers and agreed that it was ok to do that.anyway I thank God I found this site..God bless you all,lets pary that someone some where will find a cure or something was can do to stop it....God Bless

Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 PM

This is a great site...is there anyone here any more??? Go to the Doc tomorow am..

Old 01-26-2011, 05:58 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,925,882 times
It's called Tinnitis. I have had it for many yrs now to the point I have only 50% hearing in both ears and wear hearing aids.

Another possibility is wax impacted which can be dislodged with ear drops over a few days.

You can try using Peroxide (2-3 drops) allow to soak a couple of mins and flush with a water pic. Thats what I do now once a week.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks steve for the response.I am not sure if I have lost any hearing because of the ringing but will see what the Doc says about it tomorow and will post what he says.I try to keep the music low and it seems to help alittle.I am a musician and I play the electric 4-5 string bass.Not sure If I have some ear wax that is causeing the problem or not. Thank you steve I will try what you said and see if it works..Anyway Thanks God bless..Jm L

Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 PM

I have read many of your post.I also have ringing in my ears for the last month or so. Have all of you emailed your congreesman and ask them to please bring up the conversation about having Tinnitus.I am going to email the ones that are in my state(washington) and the ones in DC.Maybe they would do that if enough of us emailed them and tell them that there needs to be more efforts spent on finding something that will bring some reliefe for us that are suffuring from this..I am going to do it tomorow.Please do it.I think from what I have read and how sincere and heart felt these replys are I thnk we all should email Rush Limbaugh and tell him what we are going through because Rush has had ear problems and has had a implants put in his ears and I think he would do something to help the cause and to get the world out about this silent taker...No I am not crazy...lol.... Lets do it..take care..God bless

Is it ok if I use some of your replys when I email Rush?? I plan on doing this sunday.

Last edited by billy dogman; 01-27-2011 at 12:31 AM..

Old 01-29-2011, 01:55 AM

OK went to the doc thursday..He looked at my ears and said that they where clean..and said that i more than likely had tininitas. he said he could give me somthing for my feelig like i got to up chuck and told him no because I dont get that but very seldom. Ok thanks for listening..God bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness