Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,782,419 times

Advertisements

Here's a test ! Feel free to post your results.

http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

Here's mine:

You responded as a right brained person to 18 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 0questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your right sides gets the most exercise.

Type of Cognitive Processing

Brief Description
Holisitc Processing information from whole to part; sees the big picture first, not the details.
Random Processing information with out priority, jumps form one task to another.
Concrete Processes things that can be seen , or touched - real objects.
Intuitive Processes information based on whether or not it feels right know answer but not sure how it was derived.
Nonverbal Processes thought as illustrations.
Fantasy-Oriented Processes information with creativity; less focus on rules and regulations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,546,277 times
seems your left is inopperative

here's mine
You responded as a right brained person to 7 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 11questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

The summary briefly describes your brain matter type. Remember, this only represents just a partial test of your city data intelligence. Our institute has read your test score and determined that both sides of your brain are functioning quite nicely but we have also detected an error in the previously tested individual vasinger as having just one side of the brain working, in cases such as these of just one brain side funtioning click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to jump start the inoperative side. your instructor has requested you to do so

a good ol lefty

Last edited by joee; 03-16-2007 at 09:58 PM..

Old 03-16-2007, 09:03 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,647,689 times
It said I was Independently Stupid.

Quote:
You're a complete and utter moron. Do you think taking this test is going to make you any smarter? If you do, you're completely hopeless. Why don't you crawl under a rock and die? Wait...I know why, because you don't know what the heck a rock is. God you're an idiot!
Boy that was one insulting test! Ok excuse my poor attempt at humor. It actually said:

Quote:
You responded as a right brained person to 11 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 7questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Some of the traits associated with the right side of the brain are listed in the table. Not all of the traits will apply to you. Remember, we use both side of our brain, but your right sides gets the most exercise.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 PM

2,623 posts, read 7,398,821 times
It said:
You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most. The summary briefly describes your dominance type. Remember, this only represents half of the picture. After you read the description, click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how to use this information to improve your study strategies. Do not forget to print your results, if your instructor has requested you to do so.

Old 03-16-2007, 09:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,487,745 times
My wife sometimes accuses me of being "hare-brained"...

Old 03-16-2007, 09:38 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,086,201 times
I responded as a right-brained person to 8 questions, and as a left-brained person to 10 questions.

Quote:
Linear Processing information from part to whole; in a straight forward logical progression.
Sequential Processing information in order from first to last.
Symbolic Processes symbols an pictures; likes to use letters, words and mathematical symbols.
Logical Processes information piece by piece using logic to solve a problem.
Verbal Processes thoughts and ideas with words.
Reality-Based Processes information based on reality; focuses on rules and regulations

Old 03-16-2007, 11:07 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,463,513 times
Here's mine!....

You responded as a right brained person to 4 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 14 questions.

I use my left brain and my right hand at the same time! ..... ... ...... .......

Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,782,419 times
Actually being right handed doesn't neccesarily means you are left-brained.

I think Im mostly right brained and I'm ambidextrous.

Old 03-16-2007, 11:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,463,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasinger View Post
Actually being right handed doesn't neccesarily means you are left-brained.

I think Im mostly right brained and I'm ambidextrous.

I was being facetious! (*right hand...?!)

Old 03-17-2007, 01:09 AM

2,218 posts, read 5,385,237 times
I have 2 brains?

I didn't know I had a left brain and a right brain.

Thought I had one brain and 2 different halves.

News to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness