Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 02:19 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
My biggest concern is how aspartame came into our diet. How Aspartame Became Legal - The Timeline

As I earlier I had severe negative mood changes w/violent thoughts that were sooooooooo foreign to me, when I first tried it in 1984. I worry some of the violent crimes/actions may be brought on by this substance. The fact that Donald Rumsfeld played a vital role ensuring it got on the market despite the warnings scares me.

What is even scarier are the number of chemicals our packaged/canned/frozen/processed foods contain. Long gone are homemade meals w/whole foods. As w/aspartame, read labels and if you are reciting a chemistry book, put it back on the shelf! We have to take a stand against the slow poisoning of the population. Unfortunately the poorer among us are forced to consume the most d/t the cheapness of these foods.
Your "source" is fiction. Rense is a known fictional "conspiracy theory" website. People make up crazy theories of what might have happened on this that and the other topic, and turn it into fictionalized "docudramas." None of that stuff ever happened. It's just stories by fiction writers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 02:28 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
I think the bottom line is just to stop consuming this crap and problem solved. But at the sametime if feel really sorry for toddlers around the globe who's mothers are spoon feeding this crap down their throats at 6.30 in the morning.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick
Your "source" is fiction. Rense is a known fictional "conspiracy theory" website. People make up crazy theories of what might have happened on this that and the other topic, and turn it into fictionalized "docudramas." None of that stuff ever happened. It's just stories by fiction writers.
I think people who have had reactions from this ARE REAL Anon!!

ITS A TOXIN .. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED BY POISION!!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I think people who have had reactions from this ARE REAL Anon!!

ITS A TOXIN .. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE AFFECTED BY POISION!!
Nutmeg is a powerful and deadly neurotoxin, yet people consume it safely all the time in their foods.

ANYTHING can cause a reaction, in anyone who is allergic to it, or anyone who consumes too much of it. Even water can kill you if you drink too much of it in too short a period of time. Aspartame has some more interesting potential side effects when you have a sensitivity, allergy, or overconsumption of it than some other foods. But again, so does nutmeg. It doesn't mean that it should be banned by the government. It means consumers need to stop overconsuming. That is true for aspartame, nutmeg, bread, chicken, chocolate, milk, fish, asparagus, garlic, salt, sugar.

Having a glass of something that contains aspartame once or twice a week, isn't likely to make ANYONE sick, unless they have a particular allergy to the aspartame or any of the other ingredients in the drink. Drinking 3 liters of soda on a continual daily basis is likely to make almost anyone sick, whether it has aspartame in it or not.

Last edited by AnonChick; 08-03-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-03-2014, 08:08 PM

641 posts, read 240,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
This is one site of many that refer to how aspartame came to be. Do you know of a site that you trust that states this sugar substitute is safe?

Old 08-03-2014, 11:45 PM

Thumbs down *

Probably MAINSTREAM sites which are completly UNRELIABLE and have agendas!!

Old 08-04-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowborn View Post
This is one site of many that refer to how aspartame came to be. Do you know of a site that you trust that states this sugar substitute is safe?
Nothing is "safe." You're asking for something illogical. Some things are less risky than others, and some things are more healthful than others.

Aspartame has risks associated with it. But so does caffeine, and people who drink Diet Coke are choosing to risk the side effects of caffiene and aspartame, for a chance to enjoy a soft drink. People who drink regular Coke are choosing the side effects of caffeine and sugar or corn syrup, for the same chance of enjoyment.

People who drink water, risk nothing as long as they don't drink too much, or drink from an untested watersource.

According to the governing bodies in the USA, the EU, and several other countries around the world, various independent studies, and various sponsored studies, aspartame poses little risk when consumed appropriately by people who don't have allergies or sensitivities to the aspartame or any other ingredient in whatever it is they're consuming that contains aspartame.

If you sprinkle aspartame on your strawberries, and are allergic to strawberries, there's a good chance that you'll experience allergic reaction, and could even die. There's also a good chance that the aspartame had nothing to do with your death, if you are allergic to strawberries and sprinkle aspartame on your strawberries and eat them.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:22 PM

641 posts, read 240,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Nothing is "safe." You're asking for something illogical. Some things are less risky than others, and some things are more healthful than others.

Aspartame has risks associated with it. But so does caffeine, and people who drink Diet Coke are choosing to risk the side effects of caffiene and aspartame, for a chance to enjoy a soft drink. People who drink regular Coke are choosing the side effects of caffeine and sugar or corn syrup, for the same chance of enjoyment.

People who drink water, risk nothing as long as they don't drink too much, or drink from an untested watersource.

According to the governing bodies in the USA, the EU, and several other countries around the world, various independent studies, and various sponsored studies, aspartame poses little risk when consumed appropriately by people who don't have allergies or sensitivities to the aspartame or any other ingredient in whatever it is they're consuming that contains aspartame.

If you sprinkle aspartame on your strawberries, and are allergic to strawberries, there's a good chance that you'll experience allergic reaction, and could even die. There's also a good chance that the aspartame had nothing to do with your death, if you are allergic to strawberries and sprinkle aspartame on your strawberries and eat them.
Often times side effects/sensitivities are not recognized. Had I gone to a psych. consult rather than a neuro consult for my symptoms I probably would have been started on meds to counter the violent feelings I was having, rather than what the neurologist suggested, to NEVER consume aspartame. He knew this in the 1980's. the violent response I was having went away w/o use of medication.

I think it is wrong to use the public as guinea pigs by adding chemical substitutions to our daily food sources and hope no one has a reaction. A true allergy is pretty easy to identify, but subtle and not so subtle effects can be easily misdiagnosed as a mental health problem/digestive issue and many more chemicals will be given to try to counter the symptoms.

What I am most concerned is why they have to use this sugar substitute in non-diet gum? Luckily it has to be identified as an ingredient w/a warning as there are those with phenylketonuria (PKU) who cannot tolerate this ingredient. All babies (at least in my State) are tested for this disorder at birth by the heel prick they get.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM

It is sad that NOT MANY DOCTORS will admit to sheep that aspertame IS BAD

Old 08-10-2014, 06:19 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,248,929 times
AnonChick, why do you dismiss all the negative side effects when its clear that they are directly linked to Aspartame. A rational person would not deny the obvious.

Could it be that you yourself maybe like to enjoy a Diet soft drink after your morning gym?

And by the way, I'm not on a mission to bring down the Coca-Cola Company.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 08-10-2014 at 06:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness