U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:56 PM

5,003 posts, read 14,215,486 times

Advertisements

Aspartame & Aspartame Poisoning Information Site

Just watched a documentary called Sweet Misery, about Nutri-Sweet, and how it is harming and killing people, and how the FDA has allowed it to be in our food products when they knew it was poison. It turns to wood alcohol in the body. The above website has the 400 page research article somewhere in on the website, the research that was presented to the FDA.

It never seizes to amaze me how much greed is in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 06:45 PM

5,457 posts, read 11,646,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

Just watched a documentary called Sweet Misery, about Nutri-Sweet, and how it is harming and killing people, and how the FDA has allowed it to be in our food products when they knew it was poison. It turns to wood alcohol in the body. The above website has the 400 page research article somewhere in on the website, the research that was presented to the FDA.

Well it never "ceases" to amaze me that anyone would believe ANYTHING written by a quack like Douglass....

By the way, many products including fruits, vegetables, also have methanol as a breakdown product, at concentrations many times that of aspartame

Do I think Aspartame is a "great" product? No

Do I think people are dropping like flies from it? Also No

Here is the National Cancer Institutes rebuttal to the claim that aspartame causes brain tumors....

Aspartame and Cancer - National Cancer Institute (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandA - broken link)

Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM

746 posts, read 3,249,016 times
The aspartame hysteria continues. There is no credible evidence that it is any of the things these folks claim in their wild exaggerations.

I am neither a big fan of the FDA nor of these health quacks.

I have noticed that all the mass market artificial sweeteners now have bogus claims attached to them. Given the underhandedness of the agribusiness, you don't suppose the HF corn syrup or sugar lobbies are working overtime, do you?

I fully expect that one day we will find they funded and encouraged these fringe groups.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 PM

2,838 posts, read 9,251,014 times
The best thing to do is probably to avoid eating chemicals. I don't know if aspartame causes cancer, but I do know that it gives me headaches. I avoid anything with aspartame or Splenda... really, we need to be eating more whole foods and less crap. Aspartame/sugar-free junk food is still junk food, even if it has less calories than the stuff made with sugar.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM

55 posts, read 183,491 times
I agree with beanandpumpkin. I avoid artificial sweeteners at all costs.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:57 AM

5,003 posts, read 14,215,486 times
It also causes strokes. I would certainly check out that movie and listen to what the other doctors in it have to say. I would not trust the FDA for anything. Look at how they are running things now, peanut butter, lead in toys, etc.

When I take it my head gets foggy, and people certainly notice it and tease me about it because they don't realize that I have been drinking a diet drink. When I go off it the teasing stops. My husband was the biggest teaser. And it isn't because he had hurt my feelings and stopped. This is one of the symptoms that aspertame gives a person and splenda does the same for me.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:01 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,751,308 times
Quote:
I agree with beanandpumpkin. I avoid artificial sweeteners at all costs.
I am right there with you both on that. Like I read somewhere.. You drop sugar on the kitchen counter and ants are all over it, you drop this stuff on the counter and they won't go near it!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:05 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,454,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post

The greed in America has become absolutely dreadful. Its make money at anyones expense. Donald Rumsfeld is behind aspartame so would I expect anything less?..lol.

Americas government is very corrupt but in a very manipulative way. In a 3rd world country you know what your getting into. Here in America we are fed lies, manipulated and told things that are repeated to us till we believe they are fact. All the other countries are bad and corrupt, not us though of course!

Aspartame is pure poison. There is NO need to ever use it. Even sugar is safer and thats saying a lot.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:13 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,454,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Well it never "ceases" to amaze me that anyone would believe ANYTHING written by a quack like Douglass....

By the way, many products including fruits, vegetables, also have methanol as a breakdown product, at concentrations many times that of aspartame

Do I think Aspartame is a "great" product? No

Do I think people are dropping like flies from it? Also No

Here is the National Cancer Institutes rebuttal to the claim that aspartame causes brain tumors....

Aspartame and Cancer - National Cancer Institute (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/AspartameQandA - broken link)

Your comparing fruit which has been consumed by humans since the dawn of time to a labratory chemichal. I think its safe to assume a fruit is safer then aspartame...lol. Use common sense for a change instead of stick your head up big brothers a**.

lol..."The National Cancer Institute"?? They aren't doing such a hot job are they? Another wonderful government org. Last time I checked cancer rates are going up drastically. I would prob. do the opposite of anything they say. In 10 yrs perhaps they will acknowledge it after millions more lose their lives.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:33 PM

5,457 posts, read 11,646,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Your comparing fruit which has been consumed by humans since the dawn of time to a labratory chemichal. I think its safe to assume a fruit is safer then aspartame...lol. Use common sense for a change instead of stick your head up big brothers a**.

lol..."The National Cancer Institute"?? They aren't doing such a hot job are they? Another wonderful government org. Last time I checked cancer rates are going up drastically. I would prob. do the opposite of anything they say. In 10 yrs perhaps they will acknowledge it after millions more lose their lives.

Cancer rates are going up...drastically??....really?

U.S. cancer rate declines for the first time - Los Angeles Times

Who is that has their head up their arse?

Last time I checked the NCI wasn't "responsible" for ANY one developing cancer, but then thats just me...

As for aspartame being safer than fruit....feel free to point out where I said THAT....

Another poster made an erroneous claim about the breakdown of aspartame and the relative harm of methanol which is in FACT a common breakdown product of many fruits and vegetables, again in concentrations many times that found from aspartame....again a FACT

Reading comprehension can be your friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness