Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,513 times

Advertisements

I just found a contact in the corner of my eye that had been lost somewhere in my eye for almost 72 hours. Hurt like heck! It can't get lost in your eye permanently due to the structure of your eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,449 times
I feel as if i might have sprayed my contact out of my eye with disinfectant solution as i was walking tilted to one side - i had both on and 30 minutes later i went to check my eyes and one was missing - i am scated that its behind my eye or rolled up- would i feel pain ?

Old 12-09-2014, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,371 times
I have "lost" a contact in my eye before and it hurt like h--l until I finally found it curled up and got it out. With that said, this morning, I was putting my left Accuvue 2 contact in and somehow I messed up. It hurt so bad and I could not see where it went. I just knew it had curled or folded up. I did all the right things with attempting to flush it, blink, etc. to find it and get it out. After about 6 minutes of trying to find it, suddenly my eye didn't hurt anymore. Hmmm. I bet it flipped or flushed out somewhere in the bathroom. So I put a new contact in and started to work on my computer. I felt just fine. About an hour later, I felt something in the very inner corner of my eye. No pain at all. I walk into the bathroom and OMG, there is this tiny and shiny curled up blob in the corner of my eye! A first for me and why didn't this contact hurt while it "hid" somewhere in my eye?

Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,545 times
I put a contact in my eye thought I took it out an must not of put another one on top of it didn't know it an now the second one won't come out how do I get it out

Old 03-31-2015, 01:53 AM

2 posts, read 2,545 times
I put a contact in my eye thought I took it out but cause I didn't I put another one over it now I can't get the first one out what do I do

Old 03-31-2015, 02:03 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
First off, none of us are 'eye doctors' on here, so proceed at your own risk -

Have you tried the following?
1) Rinsing your eye with contact solution to lubricate your eye
2) Wash both hands and fingernails thoroughly
3) Wet the end of the index finger you use to insert your contact with contact solution or clean water
4) Gently use that wet finger tip to try and locate and remove the problem contact

Hopefully between the rinsing of the eye with contact solution and the wet finger tip, you may be able to find and dislodge the problem contact. Sometimes you may have to wait awhile (sleep) before it moves back to a place where you can more easily find it.

The best solution is to see an eye professional as soon as you can get to one ! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun d hyde View Post
I put a contact in my eye thought I took it out an must not of put another one on top of it didn't know it an now the second one won't come out how do I get it out

Old 10-24-2015, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
I rubbed my eye, I have paraperm contacts , it went up in upper eyelid, I feel it, been to 2 eye doctors, no one sees it, I can feel it in upper eye, been ther 3yrs, I can press uo upper eye and make it release, it want slide, please who can remove this, its driving me crazy, very uncomfortable.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:29 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,047,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by connie coonrod View Post
I rubbed my eye, I have paraperm contacts , it went up in upper eyelid, I feel it, been to 2 eye doctors, no one sees it, I can feel it in upper eye, been ther 3yrs, I can press uo upper eye and make it release, it want slide, please who can remove this, its driving me crazy, very uncomfortable.

I might of mentioned this on this thread, but I will say it again. It's an old wives tale, but it works:

Hold& pull your eyelid and spit 3 times in the sink. It works for me~! Let me know if it works for you. Wh at is a paraperm~? I've never heard of it~? Are they daily wear contacts~?

Old 03-19-2018, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 533 times
Yes...it happens!!! I thought mine had fallen out 3 weeks ago I got an infection in my eye and thought it was from me touching it so much the day I was trying to locate the contact in my eye. It’s been leaking stuff YUK! But tonight the contact finally reared it’s head out of no where... What?!.. i couldn’t believe it. It was lost in my eye socket somewhere, i just can’t believe it’s been 3 weeks! Guess i know what the problem is now. Crazy! #contactlife
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness