Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:47 AM

2,909 posts, read 14,084,144 times

Advertisements

There is a good reason why I posted this in the health and wellness thread. Look at all the diseases that can be transmitted by mating! Ive also heard of strokes and heart attacks happening as well as physical injury. I am still researching all the ways mating can harm you and will publish them on my website. Thanks for reading. Stay well!

Candida albicans
Chancroid
Chlamydia
Condylomata
Cytomegalovirus
Genital herpes
Gonorrhea
Granuloma inguinale
Hepatitis ABC
Herpes
HIV/AIDS
HPV/genital warts
Lymphogranuloma venereum
Molluscum Contagiosum
Mycoplasma genitaliumv
Nongonococcal Urethritis
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Phthiriasis
Pubic lice
Sarcoptes scabiei
Scabies
Syphilis
Treponema pallidum
Trichomoniasis
Ureaplasma urealyticum
Vaginitis

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 05:17 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,775,681 times
That all might be true (didn't read all) but it's not likely to get those diseases unless you sleep around. A responsible person would not get any of those. Also, if you practice abstinence to keep from getting disease then I would assume you don't eat in restaurants, don't eat meat, don't touch doorknobs, shopping carts or use public bathrooms. Although it's your life and if you choose to not have sex, that's your business. I just think you are taking what you learned in school, letting it scare you a little too much and that could affect relationships you have in the future.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:54 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,159,513 times
Geeze, Heart attact, stroke or physical injury, WHAT A WAY TO GO!
Sorry don't mean to offend anyone, but as a consenting adult, married 20 years, I do not agree with you.
Hell of a good time to cause heart attack, stroke or physical injury!
Life is too short to not enjoy !

Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
I am going to tell everyone about the value of abstinence I learned back in middle school. Had several classes that preached abstinence in high school.
We would sometimes have guest speakers who told stories of how dangerous recreational mating was and how it can affect your health and wellness.
I am forever thankful for the knowlege I learned in abstinence ed. classes
I am curious where you went to school.
I am involved with schools and have never heard of them "preaching abstinence" Did you go to private school ? or was this reglious after school programs.
I remember that time frame and there was a big scandel when the former Miss USA wanted to speak to to schools in Jax about safe sex and parents had a fit.

Old 03-08-2007, 06:54 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Default The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Promote Sexual Health and Responsible Sexual Behavior

excerpt, highlights mine:

Sexuality is an integral part of human life. It carries the awesome potential to create new life. It can foster intimacy and bonding as well as shared pleasure in our relationships. It fulfills a number of personal and social needs, and we value the sexual part of our being for the pleasures and benefits it affords us. Yet when exercised irresponsibly it can also have negative aspects such as sexually transmitted diseases--including HIV/AIDS--unintended pregnancy, and coercive or violent behavior.

To enjoy the important benefits of sexuality, while avoiding negative consequences, some of which may have long term or even life time implications, it is necessary for individuals to be sexually healthy, to behave responsibly, and to have a supportive environment--to protect their own sexual health, as well as that of others.

Sexual health is inextricably bound to both physical and mental health. Just as physical and mental health problems can contribute to sexual dysfunction and diseases, those dysfunctions and diseases can contribute to physical and mental health problems. Sexual health is not limited to the absence of disease or dysfunction, nor is its importance confined to just the reproductive years. It includes the ability to understand and weigh the risks, responsibilities, outcomes and impacts of sexual actions and to practice abstinence when appropriate. It includes freedom from sexual abuse and discrimination and the ability of individuals to integrate their sexuality into their lives, derive pleasure from it, and to reproduce if they so choose.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:07 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
great post hereinfla !!!
thanks for posting

Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 AM

693 posts, read 2,760,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
excerpt, highlights mine:

Sexuality is an integral part of human life. It carries the awesome potential to create new life. It can foster intimacy and bonding as well as shared pleasure in our relationships. It fulfills a number of personal and social needs, and we value the sexual part of our being for the pleasures and benefits it affords us. Yet when exercised irresponsibly it can also have negative aspects such as sexually transmitted diseases--including HIV/AIDS--unintended pregnancy, and coercive or violent behavior.

To enjoy the important benefits of sexuality, while avoiding negative consequences, some of which may have long term or even life time implications, it is necessary for individuals to be sexually healthy, to behave responsibly, and to have a supportive environment--to protect their own sexual health, as well as that of others.

Sexual health is inextricably bound to both physical and mental health. Just as physical and mental health problems can contribute to sexual dysfunction and diseases, those dysfunctions and diseases can contribute to physical and mental health problems. Sexual health is not limited to the absence of disease or dysfunction, nor is its importance confined to just the reproductive years. It includes the ability to understand and weigh the risks, responsibilities, outcomes and impacts of sexual actions and to practice abstinence when appropriate. It includes freedom from sexual abuse and discrimination and the ability of individuals to integrate their sexuality into their lives, derive pleasure from it, and to reproduce if they so choose.
great post hereinfla!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:21 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times
NAH..
While the diseases you listed MAY be able to be contracted through sexual contact... that is not the only way to contract most of those.
Not to mention Heart attack, stroke.. yeah, those don't come from having sex.
You can work with the general public and contract some of those.

I understand that you are trying to "save the contamination of the world"
But its just not a reasonable argument to say that people are only going to be in a relationship and have a "mate" for procreation only.

Oh, I have a question for you as well.
So, if a couple is married and they have no STDs or anything like that... and they are trying to have a baby, and one (or both) are infertile, are they wrong to attempt without being sucessful? I mean, they would be enjoying themselves, and they wouldn't have a baby from it.. so is that wrong in your almighty eyes as well?
Just wondering. I am always looking for a loophole. lmfao.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:36 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,170 times
Consenting, Safe, Adult sex is a good, no a GREAT thing. Wow, my husband would not enjoy this abstinence thing at all! I am all for sex EDUCATION for teens, because we need EDUCATED, not IGNORANT teens. Preaching abstinence is a nice idea, but quite unrealistic. My children are well educated on the whole sex thing (age appropriate ofcourse) but I do assume that if they wait until 30 to be married that is is quite likely they will engage in a sexual realtionship with someone they love. Who knows, maybe they will marry that person, maybe not. Either way I have taught them to love and respect themselves and their bodies. Sex isn't shameful!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
if there were no unplanned or accidental births, half of us wouldnt be here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness