Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM

523 posts, read 3,804,964 times

Advertisements

i seriously hope you're joking. you absolutely should see a doctor. i know nothing about your ongoing heart problems, and obviously severely elevated lipids & cholesterol could absolutely be associated with heart problems. if indeed your post-partum lipids are elevated (which can only be determined by a blood test), these need to be managed, not ignored.

if you want to put a positive spin on this, ok, xanthomas arent the prettiest things in the world, but many people go through live absolutely unaware of their elevated triglycerides until they have a heart attack. you could look at this as your early warning signal, and have an opportunity to act appropriately to address the situation.

and as a final note, and this applies to all posts in this forum, no matter how tight money is, advice from the internet is all well and good, but even when coming from me , should never be used as a substitute for a face to face consultation with an appropriately qualified professional.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
This is what I thought too. I had a friend that had them and she said it was because her cholesterol levels were extremely high. She has also had a heart attack at age 38. In her case, it was genetic. I don't want to alarm you about it, but it really could be something you need to investigate if your levels are that high.

am having these yellowish patches on my eyelids, along with multiple lipomas all over my body, ever since i was 15 years old, but I really never bothered. At the age of 30, i had yellow patches removed for cosmetic reasons, but in couple of months it came back, i had them removed again, but every time they pop up in just couple of months. My blood cholesterol levels were not alarmingly high, sometimes i feel numbness in my left arm or feel slight ache, i can not describe the feelings, but it makes me outright uncomfortable. I visited a noted homeopath, who told that removing them is a real tough job, then i visited a regular doctor, who opined that my system converts possibly everything i eat into lipids, and for that reason, i have so many lipomas and yellowish patches on my eyelids. He advised me to avoid alcohol at all costs, Its been three months am off the stuff, and I feel patches have increased in size and prominence. I don't know what to do, as neither I have time nor money to go for the trials, I think I am gonna live with this.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 6,827 times
I also have the same problem, at first it's on my left eye and now my right eye also has that kind of white spot. My cholesterol was high but now I am taking medication. I did go to see dermatology that was refer from my doctor, and he took a piece of my skin to check and said they is nothing serious. If I need to get rid of it I need to go again and pay out of my pocket because it's not cover by insurance. It looks so weird around my eyes

Old 07-16-2011, 12:54 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,384 times
While elevated cholesterol can be the cause of these spots, sometimes it's as simple as a plugged pore.

If you gently wash your eyelids with no tears baby shampoo, and rinse them with hot, hot water, dry them, three times a day you can see a change in these annoying spots. I sometimes have dotted a little witch hazel on as astringent, being being careful not to get in eye.

It does help if it's a plugged pore. You'll start to see a change in about 10 days.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 6,632 times
Did you ever figure out what those spots are? Or how to het rid of them? I have the exact same ones and it kinda concerns me.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 6,578 times
HEY, michiganmom2008
I HOPE YOU SEE THIS!
TY for posting that pic!
I have the EXACT SAME THING!!! SO it MUST mean something IF we BOTH have it.
I just NOW decided to research it even though I have had it a while now.
Mine appeared when I was not feeling too well lately in life.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW what you found out.
I am unemployed and not well, too.
I was wondering what mine meant bc I did think it meant something heath wise.
You can E-Mail me at Equus77@Aol.com.

THANKS,
Deb

Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Ok I know what this is because my mom's co-worker has this, It's Cholesterol Spots. The girl is in her 30's and has high Cholesterol. She had 2 spots around each eye. I am not sure if you lower your cholesterol that these spots will diasappear. Her co-worker has olive toned skin so the spots are more noticeable on her face.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:21 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,576,938 times
lubby-When I had mine removed my doctor told me they normally go away when you lower your cholesterol but mine were the deepest ones he ever saw and that is why mine didn't go away when my cholesterol was lowered.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:19 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura707 View Post
lubby-When I had mine removed my doctor told me they normally go away when you lower your cholesterol but mine were the deepest ones he ever saw and that is why mine didn't go away when my cholesterol was lowered.
The odd thing is this girl is doing nothing about it, not even covering it up with make up. She most likely knows she can have them removed if deep and that she should lower her cholesterol but she chooses to ignore it.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,433 times
I agree it is a sign of high cholesterol. I have familial hypercholesterolemia and have that on my left eye lid and little white spots all over my face. You should get yourself checked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness