U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:10 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,143,890 times

Advertisements

This is no big surprise, they have been selling us harmful/dangerous food for years. Look at the tras fat/hydrogenated oils they have put in our foods KNOWING it isn't good for us. When man started tampering with our food is when we all started getting unhealthy.. Now they sell us harmful drugs to try to undo what they have done to us causing us even more harm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 11:09 AM

70,294 posts, read 17,362,709 times
Well,I am Chinese,most Chinese would eat soy,drink soy,do you think they are unhealthy?
I eat soy milk with my cereal every day. I am allergic to milk,of course I can drink lactaid free. The japanese eat soy too.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM

242 posts, read 1,138,423 times
Default Say Good-bye to Soy Products

Soy is not safe to consume, fermentation makes not difference, it is still toxic, they used up $500,000,000 to try to get the TOXINS OUT, still can not do it and never will be able to do it. If the above poster wants to shorten his/her health that is their perogative. SOY IS TOXIC.

Old 03-28-2009, 04:33 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,196,507 times
There are two sides to every story - please read this very informative and balanced article written by a doctor - when anyone is as one sided as the OP, I always am skeptical.

New health information on the safety and health benefits of soy

Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,731,020 times
I avoid soy, but that is because I'm allergic to it. It takes me hours to do my grocery shopping, because I have to read the ingredient list of every single thing that goes into my cart. I can't even just stick with a brand, because they will sometimes reformulate and start adding soy. Most of what I eat is fresh fruits and veggies and meat. I avoid pretty much anything that comes preprepared or is in a box, can or jar.

Maybe someday I'll have enough money to buy my own little farm and raise my own fruits, veggies and meat.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:10 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,208,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Sorry dude but soy is garbage. I wouldn't feed it to starving children in Africa. I have read both sides pro and anti soy and its quite clear to me that soy is not something that should be consumed with any regularity. There are tons and tons of published studies showing the negative effects of soy. Soy is one of the leading allergens in this country next to pastuerized dairy. The only soy that is safe to consume is fermented products, tempeh, natto, miso.
I couldn't read the OP's posts--way too long and written a bit crazy but I totally agree. There is a very clear correlation between soy consumption and thyroid disorders. In Asia they eat very limited quantities of soy, and traditionally it is fermented and minimally processed. Americans, of course, took this and went to the extreme with it, eating huge quantities thinking "more is better."

Old 03-28-2009, 06:14 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,208,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
Well,I am Chinese,most Chinese would eat soy,drink soy,do you think they are unhealthy?
I eat soy milk with my cereal every day. I am allergic to milk,of course I can drink lactaid free. The japanese eat soy too.
This is not traditional in Chinese (or Japanese society) as I'm sure you know. Cereal for breakfast is not a traditional Asian breakfast--this is just something recently done by some Asians, and it comes from us--from the over-processed eating Americans.

Soy milk is not traditional, and traditionally soy is eaten in small quantities in Asia. Increased quantities and cereal with soy milk is not in the traditional Asian diets.

So yes, I do think it's unhealthy and unfortunate that some of the American bad food habits are being incorporated into what were much healthier diets. Many Asians (and Africans) are lactose intolerant, but soy milk is not the answer. Neither is lactaid for that matter.

Whether homogenized, pasteurized milk is healthy is also a whole other matter (and I would argue it is not healthy. Raw milk, in limited quantities, from reputable farms, is healthy). BTW, did you know some (certainly not all) people who are lactose intolerant do just fine with raw milk b/c of the good bacteria in it, even when they cannot tolerate homogenized, pasteurized milk.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,596,798 times
Asian people have been consuming soy...soybeans, soy curd, soy by- products for thousands of generations. I would say it is the coporate food producers that find it necessary to process most of nature's good until they are barely distingushable. Soy is not the enemy. Over processing and chemical manipulation of our food is the enemy.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 21,803,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
There are two sides to every story - please read this very informative and balanced article written by a doctor - when anyone is as one sided as the OP, I always am skeptical.

New health information on the safety and health benefits of soy
Good article, too bad the people with the bad things to say about it in this thread would read the real facts. But truth never gets in the naysayers way...
Soy is fine....

Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM

242 posts, read 1,138,423 times
Default Say Good-bye to Soy Products

Soy is toxic, you may not feel it yet, but one day, you are going to get all the toxic symptoms. And Asian people have not ate SOY PRODUCTS as you have said, because the SOYBEAN can not be eaten like you would eat peas from the pod, because it is BITTER and not edible. I read from a famous doctor and he has been all over the place and he knows what is going on. GO and Dream in your little dream world, and dont complain when you are so sick you will not have any antidote for this toxic non edible food. I can surmise that the majority of you people DID NOT READ anything about the dangerous of SOY. SOME people would rather drink the dirty water than the clean water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness