U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 01:21 AM

5,701 posts, read 9,450,500 times

Advertisements

I feel like I am responding to troll posts here.

World’s Healthiest Foods: Soy (Japan) - Healthy Eating - Health.com (http://eating.health.com/2008/02/01/worlds-healthiest-foods-soy-japan/ - broken link)

In Japan, Real Men Do Eat Tofu | Article from Chicago Sun-Times | HighBeam Research

What do Japanese people eat? - Yahoo! Answers

Folks, there are things on the internet called search engines where people can research subjects and learn the facts. Only trolls would make ridiculous statements without anything to backup what they say.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 PM

7,090 posts, read 11,459,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Only trolls would make ridiculous statements without anything to backup what they say.
It's always amazing what people believe too, you have to think how intense one must believe in it in order to post something so out there. Everything may point the other way, but some people will find one other nut who posts something thinking the same way it's now the bible...anyone who disagrees is not part of the global conspiracy.

They would love my neighbor, she thinks the world trade center was burned down by giant mirrors, each more then twice the size of the moon. When I pointed out that people might have seen them if that was true, she yelled at me that I was one of the ones who kept her down.

Last edited by subsound; 03-31-2009 at 08:11 PM..

Old 04-01-2009, 10:05 AM

70,291 posts, read 17,360,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's always amazing what people believe too, you have to think how intense one must believe in it in order to post something so out there. Everything may point the other way, but some people will find one other nut who posts something thinking the same way it's now the bible...anyone who disagrees is not part of the global conspiracy.

They would love my neighbor, she thinks the world trade center was burned down by giant mirrors, each more then twice the size of the moon. When I pointed out that people might have seen them if that was true, she yelled at me that I was one of the ones who kept her down.
I eat all kinds of soy,like you mention that soybeans (edamane) they are a good source of protein.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,535,878 times
I've eaten soy all my life. I'm healthy as heck. Fearmongering though, will always get the sheep to huddle en masse and bleat in terror.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

7,810 posts, read 18,017,415 times
I've been eating tofu for the past 30 years. At age 60, most 30 somethings have difficulting matching my pace in the weight room at my local gym, nor can they keep up with me on hikes. Could it be the tofu, or maybe the edamame?

Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 PM

I've been eating tofu for the past 30 years. At age 60, most 30 somethings have difficulting matching my pace in the weight room at my local gym, and they can't keep up with me on trail hikes. It appears that they arent eating enough tofu, and edamame.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,549,914 times
I believe a lot of the good health some of you are experiencing is a result of other lifestyle changes and NOT he consumption of Tofu. I dont need to post links to prove my case, any idiot can post links that go in either direction pro-anti. After all the reading I have done and even after taking soy out of other peoples diets and seeing positive changes is all the proof I need. If its working for you thats fantastic, but because someone is anti-soy makes them a paranoid fear monger is ridiculous.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM

CleanCutHippie wrote:
I believe a lot of the good health some of you are experiencing is a result of other lifestyle changes and NOT he consumption of Tofu.
I won't speak for anyone else, but that is certainly the case for me. Eating tofu is just one of MANY healthy lifestyle practices that I engage in. IMO, there is no single practice in and of itself that ensures good health. Good health requires a combination of many healthy practices.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 AM

5,701 posts, read 9,450,500 times
More hard facts:

National Geographics did a study on longevity on various parts of the world. Here is part of that study. It's total lifestyle that helps people live longer. Nutrition plays an important part. The people of Okinawa and California Adventist share something in their diet: soy product.

Lessons on Longevity

Most people are smart and I trust that you research the facts for yourself rather than blindly listen to some biased people who don't know the fact if it hits them in the face.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:27 AM

7,090 posts, read 11,459,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
After all the reading I have done and even after taking soy out of other peoples diets and seeing positive changes is all the proof I need. If its working for you thats fantastic, but because someone is anti-soy makes them a paranoid fear monger is ridiculous.
No, but spamming massive posts saying Soy is toxic, inedible, part of a government conspiracy and a threat to your health if you eat it (like the OP has jotted down) is paranoid fear mongering. What one puts in their body is their own business, when people try to change what others put in their body...you pretty much have to convince them with a pesky thing called proof, not just to trust a random person is in the know.

I don't think anyone said eating just soy makes you healthy (def not all the amino acids or vitamins you need alone), but it's one of the components that help IMHO.

Last edited by subsound; 04-02-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness