Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2009, 02:48 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,691,435 times

Advertisements

There is a bill going through congress called HR-875 which is the biggest attack on civil liberties to date. If this "food safety" bill as they call it goes through we will no longer have options where we obtain food. We will be forced to eat factory produced, pastuerized, irridated, nutrition-less foods. No more local farms, no more truly organic food, raw milk will be outlawed and the list goes on. They are trying to pass this bill through quickly and conveniently while most of us are worried about the economic crisis. Even if you don't personally care about health/nutrition it is essential that we protect our freedoms.

Online Petition to Stop HR 875: SIGN the online petition to keep small, organic, local farms alive! | LeaveMyFoodAlone.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 03:09 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,012,376 times
This was introduced over the deaths and illnesses related to multiple recent contaminations, including that recent deadly peanut contamination, to prevent more of it from happening (full language of the bill GovTrack: H.R. 875: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House). It won't instantly mean the death of all organic food, scare tactics like that are silly, but in it's current iteration it's too heavy handed for me to support honestly.

Old 03-28-2009, 01:24 PM

Its another attack on civil liberties. The peanut butter contamination was lack of sanitary conditions. I am all force stricter regulations on food manufacturers. The answer is NOT treating the food with more chemichals or heating processes. The bill will mean a slow death to small farmers and forcing all us to buy food produced from Agri-giants like Monsanto. I don't want to eat there GMO, pesticide/herbicide ridden, and radiated dead food. Of course Monsanto is all for it, as I am sure drug campanies since nutrionless food means more sick ppl.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:10 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,960,482 times
This bill won't instantly mean the death of organic food? Does that mean it will kill it slowly? I think this is ridiculous? I heard someone in town talking about this the olther day and I thought they were kidding! What happened at that peanut butter plant was awful and CRIMINAL! But the organci farmer's aren't to blame! The people who owned and operated that plant that KNEW they had mold growing and the so called inspectors are to blame! Do regultaions need to be changed? Obviously, but this has NOTHING to do with organic farmers. Tell me how it makes sense to stop eating healthy food with no / less poison to eating more refined foods full of garbage? How is that healthier? This is ridiculous and needs to be stopped! I'm with you cleancut!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,012,376 times
Companies aren't going to sanitize their equipment unless they are forced to. I think there needs to be much large penalties for contamination and an FDA with bigger teeth than this bill.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Companies aren't going to sanitize their equipment unless they are forced to. I think there needs to be much large penalties for contamination and an FDA with bigger teeth than this bill.

Very true! This is why I believe its all a conspiracy at this point. Agri business and drug companies have a vision of the future, every citizen in America and worldwide to be malnourished and need drugs to get by. Supplements/vitamins/herbs will be the next casuality on the war against nutrition/health. Vitamins might stay around actually but only if Pfizer makes it and a Doc has to write a script for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness